Depression

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

iannis

Musty Nester
I'm vacillating. Some days it seems hopeless. Other day it seems with the right perspective that things will settle back into something not-awful.

The wider my focus the more hopeless it seems. And that works inverse, too. For my immediate reality... honestly... it seems fine. Fine with hints that it could all go to shit real quick, but fine. Truth is that it could always, has always, been able to go right to shit in a moment so that's not all that different. The vector is different.

And tarrant all of that is some legitimate shit to be dealing with. You're not going to be the same next month. You're just not.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
right there with ya.
I'm vacillating. Some days it seems hopeless. Other day it seems with the right perspective that things will settle back into something not-awful.

The wider my focus the more hopeless it seems. And that works inverse, too. For my immediate reality... honestly... it seems fine. Fine with hints that it could all go to shit real quick, but fine. Truth is that it could always, has always, been able to go right to shit in a moment so that's not all that different. The vector is different.

And tarrant all of that is some legitimate shit to be dealing with. You're not going to be the same next month. You're just not.

Well glad I'm not the only one.. Had all these plans for this year, get my career back on track, move etc. Now I wake up every day and wonder what I'm "fighting" for, what I'm working towards.. a future in isolation and misery? A future where if i wanted kids I'd have to raise them in this crazy clown world?

Dunno anymore. At least I have foh. At least I have shitposting.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
If you want kids, you're not getting younger. Go find yourself a woman that isn't completely retarded and knock her up.

Kids are the one thing in life that's probably easiest to overthink. If you keep thinking about maybe you want some someday you're never going to have them. I'm not a father but i am absolutely confident that the fathers on this board will agree with that statement.

Age matters less for a man than it does a woman but it does still matter. You don't wanna be having kids in your 40's.

• 1Solidarity

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
If you want kids, you're not getting younger. Go find yourself a woman that isn't completely retarded and knock her up.

Kids are the one thing in life that's probably easiest to overthink. If you keep thinking about maybe you want some someday you're never going to have them. I'm not a father but i am absolutely confident that the fathers on this board will agree with that statement.

Age matters less for a man than it does a woman but it does still matter. You don't wanna be having kids in your 40's.
Yeah. Ive jumped through those dating hoops though. It's hard to find women that aren't poisoned with feminism, are hard workers, critical thinkers and emotionally reasonable. Maybe it's just me heh. More so over the past 4 years, they've all jumped on feminism and sjw. Even female friends who i would view as moderate or historically leaning right center friends have been poisoned with it.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
This wouldn't be the year i'd chose to go out dating lol. Good luck with the shit you find. 50/50 covid infected 50/50 BLM supporter.

• 1Worf

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This wouldn't be the year i'd chose to go out dating lol. Good luck with the shit you find. 50/50 covid infected 50/50 BLM supporter.
So 25% chance plagued coal burner? Where is that giant meteor?

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
All that on top of herpes! Too risky

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You’re biggest problem is finding a normal/cool American woman. The majority I know have been fucked up by tv, Instagram or whatever. When we were kids we called girls like that JAPS, but it seems like it’s infected all of them now. Just read the marriage thread ffs.

Might be easier finding one abroad. Iceland, South Africa, shit maybe India? Places where they still know what it means to work and responsibly rear kids. Easier said than done...

As to depression, I’m weary of anyone who can see everything going on in the world and not feel hopeless at times. One day at a time.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Can't go into it but covid bullshit has really thrown a wrench in my life/career plans. Shit fucking sucks. I know I'm not the only one but I need to vent. Who the fuck do you even talk to about this shit? I've done counseling before but it seems moot when your counselor is also in the midst of brave new covid world bullshit.

Dunno anymore. At least I have you shit birds which I am grateful for.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Can't go into it but covid bullshit has really thrown a wrench in my life/career plans. Shit fucking sucks. I know I'm not the only one but I need to vent. Who the fuck do you even talk to about this shit? I've done counseling before but it seems moot when your counselor is also in the midst of brave new covid world bullshit.

Dunno anymore. At least I have you shit birds which I am grateful for.
You can always talk to Palmela Handerson and her five sisters. Or go get yourself banned from reddit. Or both.

• 1Like
Finally decided to post here. Going to keep it short. 14+ years severe, before that periodic. Meds, I has. But keep moving toward the sun don't be afraid to let things go, run away, or put behind you, anything, anything at all, any fucking thing, that seems to be blocking that sun. That is as far as I've got. It's better, for me.

It is better for me since I try to stick to thinking this way. It appears to be an ongoing "state." My psych doctor agrees and, since he's been my doc since 2008, he's most likely really getting tired of my schtick every 3 months. So it's been win/win. All this is so individual. I can just tell you what seems to "work" or "not at all work" for me. But that will do I'm sure, in a pinch, somehow, someday, somewhere. And that's right, bitches, I just quoted a Barbara Streisand song.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>

Seems to be en par with placebo at best. Talk to a doctor first before dabbling in regulating precursers to neurotransmitters. Especially with the possible side effects. There are easier, safer, controlled and regulated drugs to enhance serotonin (5-HT) levels. Personally I’d stay clear of 5-HTP.
a lot of nootropic blends include tyrosine and cholate as well as the 5-htp. plus 2000mg of caffeine for the coffee twitch.
Try Lion's mane mushrooms from the company real mushrooms. Very powerful stuff and very beneficial for anxiety/depression and also dramatically improves cognitive function especially in regards to memory.

Saw people talking about supplements for mental health, made me think of a thread I always wanted to start about nootropics

• 1Like
As to dating and stuff, I'm older, but there are days when I am actually kind of happy that one of the common side effects of bazooka doses of ssri's is decreased libido. I mean, *optimally*, yeah, of course, but ... this is the depression thread. Optimum is not a card in our deck.

I can deal with libido depression. But what was killing me for years, was not enjoying food, not ever, ever cooking anything decent for myself, not giving a shit if my morning coffee tasted great or if I just drank whatever was fastest. What was killing me for years was hating opening my eyes in the morning. Etc.

So I am fucking goddam happy it seems that "stage" has either gone away, or maybe something inside me killed it with its bare hands, when I was sleeping. I still have a lot of stuff under the surface, and I would be an idiot to think I do not have much more to face up to or face down or whatever.

But the only thing keeping me going is I seem to have a shred of positivity back in my life. And I am just going to hold on to that, every morning, and we'll see if I've maybe just finally gotten a really hard part of the epic quest. Or maybe I am just enjoying coffee again.

How is everyone coping with The Mess? My life like so many others, has taken some hits, but one thing that happened, I was able to have time to realize how much I enjoy a simple day. I am a "brain clutterer" -- I will run so many open tabs, as it were, and then wonder why my machine gets wonky.

I am discovering, a simple day *significantly* lowers my stress, which I think is the "soil" from which a lot of my issues grow. I find it easier to stop, think, and cope, on a simple day. That means, less runaway brain, less exhaustion, less piling on of worry.

Hope all is best it can be. And yeah, how are you all dealing with The Mess of this year? I'm in the US, and we are making a rollicking good show of it. We are truly, the entertainment capitol of the world.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think I've posted in this thread before, but I too suffer from the depresh.

I take 50mg of Pristiq daily, and it pretty much just makes it so I don't feel angry at every little thing that happens, and as Sadre says... even if I had a girlfriend I probably wouldn't be able to orgasm.

Back to my current issue though, in October my job laid me off, then in November they hired me back and relocated me to Atlanta. Four months later they relocated me to Savannah. Covid hit and they laid everybody off again, then hired me back a week later. I've been in the Savannah area since March, and I know all of 1 person, my neighbor, and thats only because hes extroverted and actually comes to talk to me while I walk my dog. I'm the only employee in this area. Its hard to not be able to just go chill at the office with a coworker occasionally and complain about stupid patients and weird deliveries.

On the weekends, or weekdays when I have no work scheduled, the only reason I get up is my dog. I'm so thankful I got her when I moved here.

Ok, now that's off my chest and in the aether, so I feel a bit better now.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like