Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wow that's interesting... yeah I have no problem laying down some $$ for a better controller or whatever. I'll check that out.
Its definitely worth. Ive ben using mine for 3 yrs on D1 and now on D2, they are nice. Totally customizable too.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
If anyone wants a Xim 4 i'd probably let mine go at a decent forumbro discount. Destiny was the only reason I bought it and now that D2 is coming out on PC theres no reason I need to keep it. Hit me up in a PM if interested.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
you should get a MIDA, takes like 2-3 hours all solo and at the end you get a gun that has a radar while you are ADSing, plus more importantly it has high caliber which causes flinch on people you are shooting at -- I'd guess in a meta patch soonish they will remove flinch from PVP, like they did back in destiny 1

the mannanana SR4 energy weapon also has high cal, comes from gunsmith packages. I've found sidearms and SMGs also good for close range, sidearms can just destroy people but they suck at more than a few yards away

Perfect. I just ran the final missions last night after reading this and got the purple mini Mida. I'll do the scout rifle stuff tonight for the Multi Tool.

I feel like the biggest growth in my PvP ability has had nothing to do with my actual ability, but instead recognizing when to attack, when to run, and that waiting to regen is a-ok.

Yeah I hear you on this. I am impatient and tend to charge in. I'm trying to do less of that.

Seeing the videos on how the effective ranges on weapons are so important, I feel like I've improved a ton. Just knowing to switch to Scout for longer range and Auto for midrange encounters is really helpful for me. Game feels much easier now. I'm already getting better at headshots so maybe it's just a matter of being comfortable and getting more practice in.

Still, the really small field of view and relatively imprecise controls feels weird, but it's getting more familiar.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just make sure the last thing you do for the week (in terms of "Powerful Rewards") is the MIDA quest. Do one milestone, check your gear to see what can be upgraded with blues and upgrade those so your base power level goes up, do another milestone, upgrade again, etc. Then grab one of the clan rewards, upgrade, etc. Finally do the MIDA quest and it will be as high as you can get it this week.

Also, MIDA is pure ass for PVE. You should do the Zavala quest to complete two strikes (which is a pre-req for the Nightfall anyway) and choose Nameless Midnight as your reward. I infused my first MIDA (~285 power) into NM, then made sure my second and third ones were both 305 and infused them into NM again and Manannan SR4. Power level doesn't mean dick for pvp so just re-buy the MIDA from the vault to use it.

And Manannan SR4 is the Nameless Midnight of energy scouts; it has Explosive Payload just like NM does, *not* High-Caliber Rounds. If you want HCR for the energy slot too, get a Uriel's Gift or Tone Patrol (Pleaides Corrector is better, but you missed the faction rally I'm guessing). PVP meta seems to be MIDA/Uriel since it doesn't make a lot of sense to put scouts in both slots.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Just make sure the last thing you do for the week (in terms of "Powerful Rewards") is the MIDA quest. Do one milestone, check your gear to see what can be upgraded with blues and upgrade those so your base power level goes up, do another milestone, upgrade again, etc. Then grab one of the clan rewards, upgrade, etc. Finally do the MIDA quest and it will be as high as you can get it this week.

Also, MIDA is pure ass for PVE. You should do the Zavala quest to complete two strikes (which is a pre-req for the Nightfall anyway) and choose Nameless Midnight as your reward. I infused my first MIDA (~285 power) into NM, then made sure my second and third ones were both 305 and infused them into NM again and Manannan SR4. Power level doesn't mean dick for pvp so just re-buy the MIDA from the vault to use it.

And Manannan SR4 is the Nameless Midnight of energy scouts; it has Explosive Payload just like NM does, *not* High-Caliber Rounds. If you want HCR for the energy slot too, get a Uriel's Gift or Tone Patrol (Pleaides Corrector is better, but you missed the faction rally I'm guessing). PVP meta seems to be MIDA/Uriel since it doesn't make a lot of sense to put scouts in both slots.
Origin story is a much better choice from that quest

Vorph

Origin Story vs. Scathelocke (which he'll get a million of from EDZ and gunsmith turn-ins) is debatable for primary ARs. Nameless Midnight is the absolute best scout in the game. I'd personally say best gun in the game, period.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yep if you pve, nameless is where its at. For PvP its no slouch either. It does not have the 200 fire rate of the MIDA, but it holds its own. Good Ars drop like candy in this game, at least for me they did I had like 10 uriels drop already and IMO thats one of the best. Scatherlocke is good too in both PvE and PvP. FWC The Number is good, Jingashi A4 or whatever is good, kind of like the Uriels type.

Finally got the Antiope-D to drop last night form gunsmith. Been farming that thing for a while. And man that thing is crazy with the kill clip. So fun to use. If you get one and like PvP, keep it. Its a slower firing SMG, 600 RPM, with great stability and better range than most SMGs, but that kill clip, essentially if you kill someone, the next clip the headshots go from 20 dmg to 26 dmg, lol, with 600 RPM! In medium range you will beat any Uriels bcause of ROF. Run it with a scout in your secondary slot.
Antiope-D - Items - Destiny 2 DB

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Origin story is a much better choice from that quest
Hm, not sure I agree with that. Nameless Midnight is really, really good for both PvE and PvP (the explosive rounds cause a bit of flinch), besides, if you do IB you can get an AR which looks to be as good / better than Origin Story.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Thanks good tips on maxing my power before getting the MIDA. I definitely have been playing like a filthy casual and not maxing my engrams. I didn't save my tokens or anything like that. I'm at 250 right now just mixing it up between normal strikes and world events. I tried Nightfall mission with my brother who was around 280 and we got smoked. I was only 220- 230 or so? at the time, and only 2 people so I think now we can do it with 3.

I didn't realize there were clan rewards... gotta check that. I'm not in a clan, I'll check the OP.

For PVE I love Origin Story, but still undecided on what to go with it. Scout Rifle is my preference now that I get what the function is, not loving the one I have now so I'll look into the Manannan.

Power weapon I tend to favor Fusion rifle for PVE and Shotgun or Rocket Launcher for PvP. Although one dude was wrecking with a sword in PvP so that made me want to try one.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nameless Midnight.... I may have that. I didn't choose it but if it's possible to get it randomly from Gunsmith I think I did get it that way. Could be wrong. I do have low level Scath for sure.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nameless Midnight only drops from Zavala, he gives it up as a quest reward during the campaign, you get a choice of 3 weapons, the AR, Scout, or Pulse rifle. Plus if you dont have one, just grind some strikes for his tokens, basically all vanguard weapons are really good. Rocket launcher is one of best in game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

It's the best thing to use to complete the SMG step of the MIDA quest too. You don't actually have to be in the air when you kill stuff, just on higher elevation, so take it to a Lost Sector like the one up north on Io where people farmed faction tokens and shoot everything from up high and you're done in no time. Every other SMG I've seen has jack shit for range and is a pain in the ass to kill anything with, including the Mini-tool itself.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Three legendary engrams and three Transversive steps.... fucking RNG. Looking like i'll be stuck at 304 yet another week.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Three legendary engrams and three Transversive steps.... fucking RNG. Looking like i'll be stuck at 304 yet another week.

Last night I played for a bit, first time since like thurs, anyway, I got 2 exotic engrams to drop, both ACDO feedback fence or whatever the fuck they are called. My titan seems to be cursed to get shitty exotic arms from 9 out of 10 exotic engrams.

Vorph

I still want at least one 305 character so that I can get 305 engrams from vendors and be able to infuse all the weapons I like up to 305 as well. Doing them all to 295-299 or whatever would just annoy me because I know I'd have to do it all again. Or quit until the max BPL goes up in December(?).

spronk

FPS noob
Iron banner is so soul-less and boring now. Without shown levels, bounties, vendor items, etc its just an extra PVP queue button. What the heck happened to bungie designers :(

Ladro

Anomaly
Same shit that happened to most MMOs - people want to feel like they can get all the gear. So we have a token system now instead of something that rewards difficulty or experience.

There enough folks in the clan for PC release or is this dying before release on that platform here?