Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
companies are to scared to make things hard and difficult to attain. I like that only certain people can get certain gear. You have to put in the effort. Like what was said above, just give a token system and everyone can have everything.

spronk

FPS noob
for 10 token turnins you get an emblem, nothing else. so i wouldn't bother on more than one char
Shades of Radegast - Items - Destiny 2 DB

re: the clan, the main clan is full atm but the second clan has plenty of spots. There are virtually no clan tools though, so you can't really organize anything or schedule anything. You can't even tell when someone last logged in or anything, so no idea who is still playing and who quit 2-3 weeks ago. I just can't imagine the PC experience being that great, and drop off will be faster than any other PC mp game.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
for 10 token turnins you get an emblem, nothing else. so i wouldn't bother on more than one char
Isn't it rank 10? Which would be 200 tokens?

Edit - just ended first session with 45 tokens, so it isn't so bad. The daily challenge nets you 15 so that will result in half of the needed tokens alone if you get them each day.

Even if you lost every match, that's a requirement of just over 7 matches per day + challenges to get season emblem finished.

Edit 2 - got the IB scout rifle, seems really good? Something like 54 damage on a player head shot. Went with that, Persecutor and Knucklehead Radar... Seemed like a pretty good combo. Others' impressions seem poor so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Basically sums it up

It's just more quickplay with more tokens with more turnins to more vendors for more engrams. It's more of the same, just with reskinned weapons.

Destiny 2 is a reskin of a nerf of a reboot of Destiny 1.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Shades of Radegast - Items - Destiny 2 DB

Badass looking emblem, atleast.

Wanted to run a the nightfall today and sent a message out in the phone app. No reply of course. I just downloaded it so does that thing ping your phone like a normal text or do I have to regularly check it? Also, I thought they were going to fix the communication issues. Whats the point of a clan if I can't even speak with them in game?

Brews, tired of trying to pug raid or get a group together. Want to form a static, Wednesdays at 930 est. Who is in? Start with normal and move to prestige in a week or so. Preaze

I'm down. I'm off on Wednesdays so that would be perfect. I have yet to run it though but I just hit 270+ today. Are you on PS4 and if so, PSN?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh, IB was like my favorite activity in D1. Even when I quit playing daily, I would still keep track when it was coming next, hopping on and having a week of PvP. But this is shit.

Matchmaking sucks, got 80% of my games matches vs full firearms.

4v4 control is aids. Can't use any tactics other than running from point to point in most maps. You break up your team to defend, you gonna lose on most maps. Some maps ate retarded layouts like emp respite.

Loot drops suck, got one armor piece with like 80 or so tokens. Weapons are all underwhelming except like 2.

Feels bad.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah this Iron banner is shockingly low effort, even for Bungie.

It is literally just normal crucible locked to control (thankfully). The reward system is just token turn ins like crucible, and like usual the armor is useless and the guns are mediocre. Even the milestone associated with it is only an emblem

Last edited:

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I joined the guild and wow, loot explosion for completing ... whatever ... for the guild. I got a shit ton of stuff and went from 250 to 265 in a night of Iron Banner crucible and a couple of world events.

So for the MIDA scout rifle, I'm at the point where I have to dismantle 5 scouts to finish the quest. The MIDA will roll when I finish this step? Or is it already determined when I get the quest.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can look at the MIDA's power level before you pick it up from Banshee. Counting the mod in it, it will be about 15 higher than your base power level.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So for the MIDA scout rifle, I'm at the point where I have to dismantle 5 scouts to finish the quest. The MIDA will roll when I finish this step? Or is it already determined when I get the quest.
Banshee will try to offer it to you every time you speak to him, if you don't want to accept it yet just hit B. It will rise with your base power. Accept it when you feel you've hit a wall.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I dunno, I'm having fun with IB. Just cap and keep 2 points, which are normally easy to run between and you can shit stomp the other side. I've been queing solo with no issues. I'm rank 5 and have Hunter helm, hunter arms, auto, pulse and fusion. All I'd really like by rank 10 is the hand cannon. /shrug

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Fuck this game, 5 total warlock bonds this week from engrams after getting 3 last week

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
someone completed the raid with a clan group, so grats on that! be sure to pick up your free raid engram from hawthorne. too bad there's no place in game which tells you which clan members did what, woulda been a cool way to highlight the Cool Bros(tm) if there was a Clan Wall that said the names of people who did trials, nightfall, raid, etc

i got the raid sword from my engram, and already have the rocket launcher and i think all the other weapons too although only the sword and RL seem worth any shits. acrius is ok, kinda fun but dumb. if it had respawning ammo like icebreaker it woulda been awesome

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Got rank 10 with IB, ended up without the Hunter Chest/Legs and the IB HC. So bleh since next IB I'll be on PC. Need HC from raid and Orpheus Rig still. Not sure if I'll end up with everything before I switch over :(

That said I'm a 300 chest/helm away from 305 on all my characters, stupid Titan stuck at 304 unless I get lucky with his raid drops this week.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So google isn't much help here for a quick answer. Do they plan on ever enabling light level advantage for iron banner? If not, wtf is the point?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got 12 ranks, mostly spent on my titan and so far got helmet and arms. So yeah, armor is rare as fuck, just like the faction grind. At least the guns drop almost every time. Got all of those. Or most of them, didnt check. Pulse is pretty good and it competes in PvP, People claiming the SMG is good, but I tried it and still like my Antilope-D better. Its better than others, but still range is an issue. Scout is OK, not for PvP though. Sidearm, there is only one for PvP, hehe and its not that one. The fusion is good but charge rate is retarded slow, I like the other ones better, like the crucible one, that charges a bit faster. AR is pretty good, kind of like a semi better Scatherlocke. The grenade launcher is OHK if you manage to land a grenade on the person. But I dont even bother with grenade launchers in PvP. So yeah, its AR, Pulse and maybe the SMG if youre into a bullethose SMG at close range type of playstyle. I would rather use the last hope, lol. Other than that the guns are pretty shit and you will just use up bank slots, lol.

Oh yeah, hand cannon is good, but slow firing, So its a bit unforgiving so its decent if you can land your headshots.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I'm at 266. From here it's basically completing the Milestone stuff each week? Clan, nightfall, crucible etc.
Oh and I guess public events with a rep booster.

Are normal strikes a waste at this point?

Oh and thanks for the Rocket Launcher whoever did the raid!

spronk

FPS noob
strikes are a total waste of time
only 6 ways past 265:
- weekly milestone stuff, including nightfall (easily doable at 266)
- exotic engrams (small chance from heroic public events, not really worth the grind imo)
- weekly clan engrams (per account, so pick the right char before you grab em from hawthorne)
- the 3 exotic weapon quests, one per planet: mida multi tool, sturm/drang, whatever 3d is
- trials (need a team of 4, better be good at PVP)
- raid (no one will go with you at 266 though, 280+ and 290 is ideal)

Really just doing the weekly stuff every week will slowly level you up to 305 over time, you can get to 305 100% solo just doing the public event, clan XP, call to arms, and clan engrams