Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hunter has the best jump imo, I love triple jump. The dodge/disappear thing is ok but not in comparison to barricade or the warlock rifts. Hunters have good combo gear like Raiden Flux and Orpheus Rig. I like playing them but prefer the Titan lately.
It's weird, Warlock was my last class and for the first hour+ I was like, what the fuck is wrong with this jumping? I finally Googled it and realized it's different from the other two. It took me a while, but by the time I hit 20 I found I preferred the Warlock jump over the others. Now it's my main.

Also, regarding raids, I asked last week and no one responded, but I'm definitely game to try it at some point. I'm off Friday-Sunday, so if anyone wants to give it a go, shoot me a PM, yell at me in Discord, whatever. Bnet is Gravel#11275.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I guess it comes down to priorities. I would much rather play a class that is plenty adequate for the raid and the king of soloing content when I need to than a class that dominates the raid and can't solo for shit. Even though it's less common now that you have to solo PEs entirely, there's still plenty of them where all you get is other players who don't do anything but draw some fire from the enemies. Or worse, actively work against you because they somehow made it to 295 without ever learning how to trigger heroics.

And sure, it would be nice if they put some recovery on our recovery set boots so arcstrider could get 5/3/7 instead of 5/5/5 but it's not exactly gamebreaking. Nightstalker is already 5/4/6 since the recovery chest has +1 recovery over Raiden Flux.

All of it's pretty moot anyway, since Bungo decided you must play all three classes this time around. The idea that hunters are at all weak is just absurd though.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, my friends give me shit because "I mained a Hunter and a Hunter brings absolutely nothing to the group for raids/etc" but I can't play any other class. Primarily, because of that jumping. Hunter jumping is so far and above superior compared to that floaty lift bullshit Titans/Warlocks do.

That and being a Trap Hunter in PvP and saving the fucking day because I stealthed in and took out 4 people in one swoop with my Quickfang is $$$.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Still no Uriel's, but man...my luck. Last week for the clan raid engram, I got "It Stared Back." This week? "Sins of the Past." Hot damn!

Edit: Ha! Just ran Nightfall on my 2nd char and got a 300 Uriel's to drop. Now just armor sets and I'm basically done until the DLC. Actually, I would still like a Merciless. And I need a 300 sword to drop to fuse into my It Stared Back.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Man, I decided to try out the voidwall grenade tonight in pleasure gardens and it only took that, plus 1 rocket to kill a dog. Had 5 stacks. I was able to help kill two others. Have never had a round like that.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Today was insane. Got the drops to make my hunter and Titan 305, got crest of Alpha Lupi, finished two raids in under 3 hours, maxed DO and FWC getting all I wanted but the FWC cloak =(

Warlock tomorrow.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
You lucky sob. I've technically got a shot still with the raid, but I think it's unlikely I hit 305 this week. Still need 2 pieces for my Warlock, and I think 3 on my Hunter (still have milestones to run on Titan). Then again, you've put in almost 3 times as much time as I have, so I guess you deserve it more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Holy shit, 300 tokens last night on warlock with DO, just fucking around in PvP and milestone shit, and I get like 7 shot guns.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
You lucky sob. I've technically got a shot still with the raid, but I think it's unlikely I hit 305 this week. Still need 2 pieces for my Warlock, and I think 3 on my Hunter (still have milestones to run on Titan). Then again, you've put in almost 3 times as much time as I have, so I guess you deserve it more.

Deserve is a strong word lol. I just wanted to get back to where I was on XB1. Just need Stomp-EE5 and Transversive steps and I'm there.

I was top 3 in time played on PC though until a few days ago when I went back to my normal schedule, now I'm like 70th lol.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Had a trash raid group tonight, supposedly experienced but two people doing sub 100k on Calus... Someone had to leave so I took the easy out. Found another group at Calus that already did the cheese before I got there. It was so easy I'm almost mad about it. Will never do it again, took all the fun out.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I did my first raid tonight in a PUG. Got to gauntlet but the shit bugged out and basically caused everyone to quit (we wiped on purpose but it got stuck loading). Got a 2nd Sins of the Past from dogs.

But I kind of had a realization that...there's really no point doing the raid. Honestly, the only reasons I want to finish it are to get that Destroyer of Worlds thing out my inventory, and get the milestone out of the way. But I've already got the best gear from the raid (without having even done it), and the armor sets I couldn't give less of a shit about.

I feel like I could just find a group already at Calus and clear it out and it wouldn't be much different. Sure, I'd miss out on learning 2 of the raid rooms, but I mean, why do I even care?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How do you PUG the leviathan thing? I can't do anything but enter it solo that I can see?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know. I know the raid doesn't give amazing rewards but I'm a collector and I actually really enjoy doing the raid, even with shit groups. I love destiny gameplay and this is the most challenging shit ATM, so I do it regardless.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Ya I love the game play so I do shit even if I don't need the rewards just because it's fun.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I just hit level 14 now, can I find my second sublcass crystal yet? I'm about to head to Io, but a ton of adventures have opened up.

Dunno whether to just go with the story or clear the map first.

Also I hate fighting the Vex, they're ruining my day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Raign

Golden Squire
I just hit level 14 now, can I find my second sublcass crystal yet? I'm about to head to Io, but a ton of adventures have opened up.

Dunno whether to just go with the story or clear the map first.

Also I hate fighting the Vex, they're ruining my day.

I was 15 or 16 when I got my second class relic on my first run through as well, don't sweat it. Those relics seem to drop more often from the PE event chests because on both my second and third characters I leveled to from 3 - 15 on the titan ones and in both cases had both classes unlocked before leaving Titan.

Vex are actually my favorite to fight, they make a satisfying 'pop' and tend to be squishy / high dps. Cabal are the most annoying for me.. bunch of annoying ammo sponges. Fallen are annoying too with they constant duck-and-hide tactics.. but Riskrunner makes such a mess of them it makes them less annoying.