Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck, thats awesome you lucky SOB. On my characters im missing 1-3 items ea. All at R30. I had shit RNG on PC, and thats not only faction stuff either.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It makes me kind of sad that they programmed it so poorly that it's out of the norm to have a full set. If it was something that would come up again in 2 weeks, sure. But from what I can tell, these sets are one time only. The next faction rally will have completely different ones.

That's stupid.

It's made even worse by the fact that people can exploit the Weep token thing and get 600 easily. I think most people would struggle to get that many normally. Which means they made it nearly impossible to get a full set.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nahh, they will be same come expansion, I have learned. They will add an ornament slot to them so you can change up the look, but the duds themselves will be same.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you sure? I saw some screenshot of different ones. They looked way cooler, so I was kind of hoping we got them next.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm mostly just pissed that he stops hanging out engrams at a certain point. I can't even get my chest piece of now unless I want to roll a 2nd hunter and level it up again, and fuck that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Are you sure? I saw some screenshot of different ones. They looked way cooler, so I was kind of hoping we got them next.

Supposedly thats the ornament slot, it basically changes the look of the armor. I was arguing the same thing on redit as you were. I was like, look at this screen shot, its totally different armor, dudes! But I got shot down by fanboys. Supposedly the added ornaments at the tail end of D1 and that's what they did, you applied them to armor and it made them look totally different.

spronk

FPS noob
I mean unless you love the look of that specific armor set (why?) it really just doesn't matter, none of the faction armor is that important to own. The Iron banner armor is much cooler looking (samurai look) and MUCH harder to get a full set for, unless they tweak it up since the last console week. Plus when the first DLC hits, if there is a new raid, they will probably give the new raid armor drops raid specific perks so everyone will want to get and wear that set. Or they'll have other new whacky armor sets you will want, like if they ever bring back sparrow league there was a set that gave nice racing boosts, etc.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the FWC hunter set is by far the best looking set currently. And the important part is that the set it's a reskin of is garbage because it's not recovery, while the FWC version is. The other 8 sets are straight reskins that kept the primary stat so I would agree that there's little to no point in farming them other than to prepare for the cosmetic slot version later on.

Did everyone on console get hit by the bug that puts you in the same faction again and doesn't allow you to switch? I saw it mentioned on reddit, and I definitely wasn't able to choose a faction on any of my characters.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah on my sons hunter I managed to get to 6 recovery, with full FWC set, whereas any other set basically maxxes out at 4 or 5. I did have to plug in one res mod on one of his pieces to get to 4 though for PvP.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All recovery sets are the same, only way to change it is with the exotic you pick. You can get 6 with Orpheus Rig, but only 5 with Raiden Flux, and I forget the stats on Celestial Nighthawk.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
So I'm level 20, and Power 210, and I feel so lost. I've done some quests, but I don't know what I should be doing. The lack of a clan chat mind boggles me, and now I'm reading I need to use public discord, or an lfg website to find groups. WTF is this shit.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I'm level 20, and Power 210, and I feel so lost. I've done some quests, but I don't know what I should be doing. The lack of a clan chat mind boggles me, and now I'm reading I need to use public discord, or an lfg website to find groups. WTF is this shit.

Yeah its fucked. Bungie scarred people be toxic, so no communication for you in their game!

Do public events, the gear that drops should steadily raise your level to 260, wear blues whatever, turn in any token shit you acquire. It takes 20 tokens per package and 30 for gunsmith at tower. turn silver dust into exp tokens at everse vendor. Always have one running. Do strikes for vanguard weapons, they are all pretty much good. This will steadily raise you to 265, in which you will hit a soft cap. The token turn ins will get you power faster, but blues will steadily do it too. keep the guns/gear you like, shard the ones that you dont. You will know which guns are good just by using them. Trust your judgement.

Then do the weekly milestones, like call to arms, flashpoint, clan exp engram. Look at your clan page, you probably have a clan invite from some pleb clan. If not, go to bungie site and there are recruitment posts. There still is no clan chat though, but most clans have a discord set up to chat and shit. They say they are working on clan chat so its coming.

Last edited:

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I'm in our clan, I've banked some scout rifles, saved my lv 20 exotic engram.

So for now don't bank faction tokens? Use them for upgrade gear?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd do PE's or strikes or lost sectors to close in on 260, but leave enough time to run all the milestones before the reset tonight. Those will give you a much bigger bang for your buck than the others. And since it's going to reset regardless, you should knock it out if you have the time.

Edit: Tokens are good for two things; getting to 260 base power level fast, and grinding out a bunch of 300 gear once you've hit 300 base power. Or, if you're some kind of completionist, you can get all the different armor sets with them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah i agree, sine tonight is last night, no matter what pl you turn out, just spend them and do the same shit next week.

Stave

Potato del Grande
So I finally got my hunter to 20, opened my exotic engram I got from the end of the story, and what do you know.. an Orpheus Rig! Me being the noob I am, did not even know this was anything significant. I actually unequipped it because it was lower level than another exotic armor I had. I came here to finally catch up on the thread and found out this thing was really good. I will be using it now. Also, I am rerolling my hunter, as I dicked around when I made him the first time and hate how he looks. I figured it will be easier to reroll now, rather than later.

Edit: Orpheus Rig

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Something ain't right. Uriel's is legendary (purple) not exotic (yellow).

Also, I am rerolling my hunter, as I dicked around when I made him the first time and hate how he looks. I figured it will be easier to reroll now, rather than later.

Don't get the six shooter or moebius quiver perks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
Orpheus Rig and Transversive Steps are really the only two things I'm still looking for on my Hunter and Warlock, respectively. Haven't even started on my Titan.

I'm surprisingly decent at PvP in this, on my Hunter at least, my K/D is usually between 3 and 5 even in competitive. The more I play my Hunter in PvP, the more I hate my Warlock, the only thing the Warlock has going for it is Recovery.

St0mp-ee5s are maybe not the best PvP item, but they sure are ridiculous in how they can radically change the game. Suddenly, someone is just basically FLYING around all the time and flanking you by flying over you? Really silly on a couple of the maps. I usually use my Foetracer instead, but St0mp-ee5s are fun to fuck around with.