Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you get scaled down, what's the point of gear? lol. Just for doing Prestige runs?

Also, I'm not sure this is even accurate, because with a group of ~300 light people, we crushed the Nightfall today with over 8 minutes left. Prestige Nightfall seemed close to fucking impossible, though, but we might be able to do it.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah that's the weird thing about how this game plays. I was trying to explain it to my friend who just started the best I could, because he was asking me how much my guns hit for at max level, 300+ Power and after seeing his numbers at like, level 5 I told him honestly not much harder than what he hits for.

Aside from new abilities, you really don't feel that "more powerful" feeling from being max level with almost best in slot gear compared to a new player like you do in most games with leveling systems.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you get scaled down, what's the point of gear? lol. Just for doing Prestige runs?

Also, I'm not sure this is even accurate, because with a group of ~300 light people, we crushed the Nightfall today with over 8 minutes left. Prestige Nightfall seemed close to fucking impossible, though, but we might be able to do it.
That's...kind of the complaint. The gear is all soft capped except for prestige. Literally no reason to continue playing once you hit 280.

There was a video done that compared damage with different power levels, and it's definitely capped.

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Pretty easy to test out. Drop your light level down as much as you can and see how much damage you do compared to 300.

You take more damage and do less under the recommendation, but anything beyond it is capped.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
We ended up just focusing the knights. They're seriously fucking ridiculous. And that meant even using rocket launchers almost every time we came across one.

For ogres, I found scout rifle worked well.

This is what worked for us. Focus the knights with rocket launchers as much as you can... kill them asap and it gets easier. Also you can skip a bunch of stuff but that can be risky. When we got it I am pretty sure we skipped the 2 rooms full of crap you have to carry the 2nd charge through.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Hit 304 last night. I swear to god, ran that Nightfall last night and it was HARDER at 304 than when I was like 280 or whatever. No wipes or anything, just a slow methodical "why the fuck am I getting hit so fuckin hard?" grind forward. Still no Sweet Business!!!! WTF do I gotta do!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Story and Characters

• Osiris is in the Infinite Forest, a reality made by the Vex to simulate reality. Osiris is there looking for something and reveal Vex’s greater plan.
    • The events in the expansion occurs a few months after the events of the Red War Campaign.
    • Traveler woke up at the end of Red War and the wave of light from it touched Mercury, something the Vex have been waiting for.
    • He is an exiled Vanguard leader who is Zavala’s predecessor as Commander of the Vanguard. He uses modified Vex tech on his gear. His bracers for example are modified Sunbracers with Vex tech.
  • Sagira is Osiris’ ghost and is the first female ghost. She has a lot of opinions and thinks the Guardians take themselves too seriously.
  • Ikora is Osiris’ favorite student and this expansion will show her softer side. When she gets her light back at end of the campaign, she is exploring who she is as a human.

• Brother Vance returns in the new social area. He is a little different from the one we saw in Destiny 1. He sees the signs in place and is excited to meet Osiris.
  • Mercury: Vex hauled up the planet core and made it their own planet. Infinite Forest is Vex’s reality engine and can be entered through a gate.
  • Infinite Forest area changes each time you go through it. It has different combinations of set pieces and enemies to fight. It can show the future of Mercury, a dark of Mercury where the sun of died and it is just a sea of Vex.
  • Lighthouse: Acts as the social hub for Mercury. You start your missions there and there are secrets to discover and people to talk to. Brother Vance is the Faction Reward NPC in the Lighthouse. He has his own engrams (Lighthouse Engrams).
    • After the campaign there will be new quests for different weapons you can acquire and forge.
  • Mercury
    • There will be a new public event type on Mercury, the largest public event to date.
    • Lost Sectors on Mercury won’t show up on the map until you finished the story campaign, giving you a chance to explore.
    • Infinite Forest will have different trees that can take you to different timelines of Mercury – past, present, and future.
  • New Armor from Mercury
New Group Activity

• Heroic Strike Playlist is coming back.
  • Raid Lair announced – going back to Leviathan. New encounters, new loot and new places to explore. Does not require completion of previous raid. Brand new final boss for you to fight.
    • Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    • New Raid is called Leviathan, Eater of Worlds.
    • Recommended power for both the new raid and the old Leviathan raid is 300. Rewards will be scaled up.
    • Not as lengthy as the original Leviathan raid. It is very challenging and you will die a lot. There will also be a Prestige mode.
    • This raid will take you below the palace where the original raid occurred, in the belly of the beast.
    • Raid will be released shortly after the DLC launch (no exact timeline given).
  • A new raid lair will be added with Expansion II (also in Leviathan)

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Alright well are there any tips for this week's nightfall? 3 destiny noobs tried it and failed, though it was close the last time we tried. We got about 16ish anomalies, probably died a few times each up until the boss and then died a couple times on the boss. We skipped a section or two that allowed us to and we focus knights first because they're absolutely ridiculous. Anything else we can optimize on? We are running a titan, warlock, hunter setup. Not sure with the exact builds.

I watched a video on the run and it looked like our run for the most part, just things died faster.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nope, it's just a clusterfuck of a shitty strike and the stupidest gimmick (momentum).

I also wonder if the scaling got screwed up somehow, because every time I died it said recommended level 304. Not sure if it always does that, but I feel like normally it'd do whatever the level of the content you're doing is.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Raid lairs sounds like the lazy raids b/c they dont want to make full sized raids anymore.

spronk

FPS noob
Raid lairs sounds like the lazy raids b/c they dont want to make full sized raids anymore.

They have two teams, the core team that is probably working on Destiny 3 (or another game?) already and the live team that has been working on the DLCs since the game launched. I don't have any hard numbers but I'd assume the main team is like 200+ and the live team is like 20-40 people, so of course the content is going to be small and reuse a lot of assets like MMOs.

I guess the only real question is how fast will you exhaust the DLC 1 content, like ... 3 days? 7 days? 10 days, max? Having a new wing for a new raid in the same textured area sounds really boring and lame, and I don't even understand how it would fit in story wise. "Ho ho ho, you beat my robot slave that was pretending to be me, I have now prepared a seperate gladiator arena for you to fight in that I didn't have ready 3 months ago! Yeah, this makes no sense to me either, just go kill shit and get some loot ok."

Woulda been awesome to reuse VoG and put it into the Infinite Forest and fight Atheon v3.0 but I guess that just makes too much sense in a DLC centered around the vex. Wait, lemme guess, the Cabal emperor has captured some vex and brought them on his ship to fight you, because THAT makes a lot of sense.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I get content wise why they are doing it, but also agree that this makes no sense in a DLC centered around Mercury and vex. But overall if we get new wings with 2+ new bosses to fight, new loot every few months with the minor DLCs, plus a brand new raid yearly, it shouldn't be that bad.

What really needs fixing in this game though is the loot and reward economy in general to get people to play shit over and over like they did in D1. Right now this is the most broken thing in destiny, you essentially get to a point, about a month in, maybe longer for casual plebs, where you pretty much have everything you want. Tokens are worthless, engrams are worthless, shards are worthless, gun mats are worthless, etc... there should be always shit to grind for in games like this. I dont know why they changed the formula from D1 to D2.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really, that point is at 265 power level. That's when all the tokens and engrams that drop essentially become worthless. And that's like 2 days in for the hardcore and maybe two weeks for the casuals. If you're doing 3 characters it stretches that out slightly, but that's mostly just playing through the campaign again (which is god awful).

Looking at what the DLC has to offer, and considering the game came out 6 weeks before the first DLC, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be a hard pass on giving them any more money. The entire thing is bullshit.

They have the skeleton of what could have been a good game, but they really fucking bungled it. And then the insult of paid DLC almost immediately after release just leaves a bad impression on me.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alright well are there any tips for this week's nightfall? 3 destiny noobs tried it and failed, though it was close the last time we tried. We got about 16ish anomalies, probably died a few times each up until the boss and then died a couple times on the boss. We skipped a section or two that allowed us to and we focus knights first because they're absolutely ridiculous. Anything else we can optimize on? We are running a titan, warlock, hunter setup. Not sure with the exact builds.

I watched a video on the run and it looked like our run for the most part, just things died faster.

I assume you're speaking about prestige? Response below is pertaining to prestige specifically. Chaining supers was the key for us. We got to bossroom w/ 9mins left at the end on our final attempt. If you know where every anomoly is that definitely helps. The first area w/ three orange ogres is what tends to fuck up most runs. Just focus the ogres and skip the wizards. Folloowing that, the second area where you pickup the void orb - we skipped the entire area w/ the knights and just rocketed the wizards guarding the orb. My responsibility was pretty much any orange knight. Wardcliff coil takes care of one in a single burst.

Biggest key for us was a single wardcliff coil, two rocket launchers w/ cluster bombs, and all of us using arc weapons in our secondary slot. We failed our first three attempts. 4th we wiped at 1%. 5th we ended with a minute left, and 6th we ended with 5mins left. Was just a matter of fine tuning super rotation for us at least. GL man. I don't mind helping so if you're on PC Tauntworth#1593.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
They have two teams, the core team that is probably working on Destiny 3 (or another game?) already and the live team that has been working on the DLCs since the game launched. I don't have any hard numbers but I'd assume the main team is like 200+ and the live team is like 20-40 people, so of course the content is going to be small and reuse a lot of assets like MMOs.

I guess the only real question is how fast will you exhaust the DLC 1 content, like ... 3 days? 7 days? 10 days, max? Having a new wing for a new raid in the same textured area sounds really boring and lame, and I don't even understand how it would fit in story wise. "Ho ho ho, you beat my robot slave that was pretending to be me, I have now prepared a seperate gladiator arena for you to fight in that I didn't have ready 3 months ago! Yeah, this makes no sense to me either, just go kill shit and get some loot ok."

Woulda been awesome to reuse VoG and put it into the Infinite Forest and fight Atheon v3.0 but I guess that just makes too much sense in a DLC centered around the vex. Wait, lemme guess, the Cabal emperor has captured some vex and brought them on his ship to fight you, because THAT makes a lot of sense.

Supposedly the campaign was 4 hours long and 8 missions? The DLC also adds back heroic strikes. Honestly im glad i got this from gameshare because paying to get back features we already had in D1 is some super bullshit. Raid lairs sound sorta like that shit from TTK ship where you could fight enough to summon a boss.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
As weird as it is, i'm sort of ok with how shit is going right now from how I play D2. I mean, would I like content that makes me want to log in every day for the entire week? Sure - but this whole "get all my powerful engrams/weeklys out of the way on Tuesday, leaving me the rest of the week to play other shit without being left behind" is sort of good for me.

Now if this was a subscription based game, i'd prolly be pissed at the fact that I have no reason to logon for the week after Tuesdays, but hey.