Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
this whole "get all my powerful engrams/weeklys out of the way on Tuesday, leaving me the rest of the week to play other shit without being left behind" is sort of good for me.
Are you only playing one character or are you doing nightfall, raid, crucible, xp milestones x3 every Tuesday?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Are you only playing one character or are you doing nightfall, raid, crucible, xp milestones x3 every Tuesday?

I have one of each leveled to 20 but honestly i'm only doing the weekly milestones on just one. I wasn't in a hurry to max out my Power Level, so the whole "max out other classes to get a bigger boost" thing wasn't appealing to me. I'm 305 now though without much effort. Probably wouldn't change much though if I was doing it on all 3 though really, I mean aside from the weekly Raid it takes maybe all of 2 hours to do the other weekly milestones on one character.

I mean, don't get me wrong there are weeks where I still log on after weeklies to do Crucible or some shit for fun, but I just find it nice that I don't have to in order to stay up to par on gear. Gives me time to get D2 shit done for the week on just one night, then usually log onto something like FFXIV for the weeklies/static raid/mass macro-crafting sessions on there.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Doing weekly milestones gets boring by about week 3. I mostly stopped logging in anything but my hunter then, and now I just do the flashpoint PEs on that character and pick up whatever clan engrams got unlocked. This is fine though, I have dozens of other games to play and Destiny at its core isn't interesting enough to hook me anyway.

Definitely not buying the first DLC either, based on the description of it being an extremely small amount of content that almost all sounds like shit that got cut out of the base game. If the second one gets a much more positive reception then maybe I'll buy the pack then.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Story and Characters

• Osiris is in the Infinite Forest, a reality made by the Vex to simulate reality. Osiris is there looking for something and reveal Vex’s greater plan.
    • The events in the expansion occurs a few months after the events of the Red War Campaign.
    • Traveler woke up at the end of Red War and the wave of light from it touched Mercury, something the Vex have been waiting for.
    • He is an exiled Vanguard leader who is Zavala’s predecessor as Commander of the Vanguard. He uses modified Vex tech on his gear. His bracers for example are modified Sunbracers with Vex tech.
  • Sagira is Osiris’ ghost and is the first female ghost. She has a lot of opinions and thinks the Guardians take themselves too seriously.
  • Ikora is Osiris’ favorite student and this expansion will show her softer side. When she gets her light back at end of the campaign, she is exploring who she is as a human.

• Brother Vance returns in the new social area. He is a little different from the one we saw in Destiny 1. He sees the signs in place and is excited to meet Osiris.
  • Mercury: Vex hauled up the planet core and made it their own planet. Infinite Forest is Vex’s reality engine and can be entered through a gate.
  • Infinite Forest area changes each time you go through it. It has different combinations of set pieces and enemies to fight. It can show the future of Mercury, a dark of Mercury where the sun of died and it is just a sea of Vex.
  • Lighthouse: Acts as the social hub for Mercury. You start your missions there and there are secrets to discover and people to talk to. Brother Vance is the Faction Reward NPC in the Lighthouse. He has his own engrams (Lighthouse Engrams).
    • After the campaign there will be new quests for different weapons you can acquire and forge.
  • Mercury
    • There will be a new public event type on Mercury, the largest public event to date.
    • Lost Sectors on Mercury won’t show up on the map until you finished the story campaign, giving you a chance to explore.
    • Infinite Forest will have different trees that can take you to different timelines of Mercury – past, present, and future.
  • New Armor from Mercury
New Group Activity

• Heroic Strike Playlist is coming back.
  • Raid Lair announced – going back to Leviathan. New encounters, new loot and new places to explore. Does not require completion of previous raid. Brand new final boss for you to fight.
    • Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    • New Raid is called Leviathan, Eater of Worlds.
    • Recommended power for both the new raid and the old Leviathan raid is 300. Rewards will be scaled up.
    • Not as lengthy as the original Leviathan raid. It is very challenging and you will die a lot. There will also be a Prestige mode.
    • This raid will take you below the palace where the original raid occurred, in the belly of the beast.
    • Raid will be released shortly after the DLC launch (no exact timeline given).
  • A new raid lair will be added with Expansion II (also in Leviathan)
Looks good. What the fuck is everyone complaining about?

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
If you get scaled down, what's the point of gear? lol. Just for doing Prestige runs?

Also, I'm not sure this is even accurate, because with a group of ~300 light people, we crushed the Nightfall today with over 8 minutes left. Prestige Nightfall seemed close to fucking impossible, though, but we might be able to do it.

Prestige isn't too bad, just need the right loadouts.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Raid lairs sounds like the lazy raids b/c they dont want to make full sized raids anymore.

It's more they want to add raid content every DLC instead of skipping like they did in D1. I'd much rather get new content every 3 months than a big raid every 6, but that's just me.

If you hit harder and took less damage as a 305 instead of it scaling it'd make all but the prestige raid and NF meaningless. The way it is now allows all content to be meaningful to all power levels. So I can play with a buddy who just started on Titan and PL him to 20 with PEs, which I couldn't do if it scaled the way people ask for.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They are addicts, so nothing is ever enough.

I mean if we getting technical, gotta consider we got what, 4 planets, a hub, a raid, and other side stuff with the primary game for $60, and now for $30 we're getting 1 planet, new hub and a raid? I'm probably still gonna buy it but i'd feel more comfortable with a $15 or $20 price tag on it.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
primary game for $60

If you paid $60 for the primary game that's your fault. It was easily available from multiple sources for $48. I'm not saying it's a bargain, or the cost of the DLC this soon is ok, but lets not get carried away with the pricing.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean if we getting technical, gotta consider we got what, 4 planets, a hub, a raid, and other side stuff with the primary game for $60, and now for $30 we're getting 1 planet, new hub and a raid? I'm probably still gonna buy it but i'd feel more comfortable with a $15 or $20 price tag on it.
You get 2 DLCs for 30 dollars, this one and the next one.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, well then that's not bad at all for 2 DLC. I just pre-ordered/bought it through Blizzard, I wasn't griping about the $60 original game price, that's about the norm these days.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

It is $15, you get 2 DLC for $30.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Doing weekly milestones gets boring by about week 3. I mostly stopped logging in anything but my hunter then, and now I just do the flashpoint PEs on that character and pick up whatever clan engrams got unlocked. This is fine though, I have dozens of other games to play and Destiny at its core isn't interesting enough to hook me anyway.

Definitely not buying the first DLC either, based on the description of it being an extremely small amount of content that almost all sounds like shit that got cut out of the base game. If the second one gets a much more positive reception then maybe I'll buy the pack then.

Pretty much where i'm at now. Log in on monday pick up any clan items we mighta got and Xur if he has anything i'm missing. I dont even bother doing any of the milestones, my chars are all 303-305 and figure the clan items will get me maxed before the next DLC drops.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I like to drink beer and jump on PvP for a few hours, especially on weekends. The more alcohol I have is proportional to how much balls I have in game. You would be amazed how well you do when you have a buzz and stop giving a shit. Sad thing is you also have some terrible games too when you push too hard. But I stopped caring about stats and shit like I did in D1. the thing is its so easy to pad stats in this game why even bother anymore. Roll up with team of 4 for a night and watch your stats rise and rise while you hold each others dicks in game. The pvp has become so much more enjoyable once you dont give a shit.

Last edited: