Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Because you suck? lol. Im not saying im the best or wahtever, but this crucible is ton more fun than what it was.I think this is a breath of fresh air in crucible that it needed. Before it was vigilance wing and graviton all day and all night, before that it was 4 dudes hugging each others ballsacks around the maps peeking corners one at a tine with the mida or uriels.

Put on a good 140 or 150 HC and shotty and go to town. A good shotty to get out of the bank/collections is the retrofuturist. Although there is better ones out there. But thats a good start. If youre not into shotty gameplay, get one of those new 4 burs pulses with kill clip, shit even the old (new forsaken) hakke 340s with kill clip are fucking brutal. I got one with kill clip and ragefinder that is a beast. 2 bursts all day. Sidearms are fucking brutal as well, try some, you might be surprised. Get one of those crucible ones with full auto or even the vanguard one with full auto has some of the best TTK if yourein range and just go to town on dudes trying to rush you with a shotty.

Shit even a bow followed up by a quick HC body shot is also a way to go. Or even a scout on one of the bigger maps with longer lanes, 3 taps all day with a 150.

There is probably never been, in the history of crucible, so many different ways you can go and still do decent, loadout wise.

But really what ruined quickplay as of late is the lack of SBMM. Sure it might of sucked for the ringers constantly getting matched up with other ringers and sweating it out, but now they have been unleashed on the plebs like you and I. And this is not fun. This ruins quickplay for the normies. You have dudes going 50 kills and getting 8.0 KDA. It is their sandbox.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Which reset bug are you talking about? There was a bug last Saturday where some were reset, but didn't give powerful rewards, which caused those specific activities to not reset on Tuesday. That should have been fixed today with those activites being reset properly.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Because you suck? lol. Im not saying im the best or wahtever, but this crucible is ton more fun than what it was.I think this is a breath of fresh air in crucible that it needed. Before it was vigilance wing and graviton all day and all night, before that it was 4 dudes hugging each others ballsacks around the maps peeking corners one at a tine with the mida or uriels.

Put on a good 140 or 150 HC and shotty and go to town. A good shotty to get out of the bank/collections is the retrofuturist. Although there is better ones out there. But thats a good start. If youre not into shotty gameplay, get one of those new 4 burs pulses with kill clip, shit even the old (new forsaken) hakke 340s with kill clip are fucking brutal. I got one with kill clip and ragefinder that is a beast. 2 bursts all day. Sidearms are fucking brutal as well, try some, you might be surprised. Get one of those crucible ones with full auto or even the vanguard one with full auto has some of the best TTK if yourein range and just go to town on dudes trying to rush you with a shotty.

Shit even a bow followed up by a quick HC body shot is also a way to go. Or even a scout on one of the bigger maps with longer lanes, 3 taps all day with a 150.

There is probably never been, in the history of crucible, so many different ways you can go and still do decent, loadout wise.

But really what ruined quickplay as of late is the lack of SBMM. Sure it might of sucked for the ringers constantly getting matched up with other ringers and sweating it out, but now they have been unleashed on the plebs like you and I. And this is not fun. This ruins quickplay for the normies. You have dudes going 50 kills and getting 8.0 KDA. It is their sandbox.
I dunno, the constant shotgun shit is just fucking dumb.

Vigilance Wing gets outdone by good purples, like you said, any of the 4 burst pulses.
Graviton is still insane, possibly better now than before, but some laggy brazilian just fucking shotguns you.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So learn how to stay out of shot gun zones. Mind your radar. I rarely get shotgunned if im paying attention. If youre using pulses learn how to stay on the outskirts of maps. Stay out of the congestion zones. Its all pretty much common sense. In clash follow your team or at least one other person. In cotrol do the same. Follow whomever is best on your team and learn from them how they move and peak the lanes.

Also learn how to disengage and tuck tail when you know youre gonna lose. Those times you get capped a few times, health bar is low... Dont peak again, go hide in the other direction. It seems like common sense, but when youre in the thick of things, adrenaline rushing, you know you peak again 99% of the time.

I remember a crucible quest in D1, yr2, the one to open up all the crucible bounties, it had you kill 5 people without dying 10 times or some shit. that was a good learning experience on the above point. (Or maybe the chaperone quest?)

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So we have to wait until next week for the reset then? Or this sat again?
Only the activities that were mistakenly reset on Saturday were reset for people who were affected by that bug. If you weren't then the normal reset on Tuesday should have been everything, if you were affected, those activities didn't reset Tuesday. Now they are, and will reset normally from now on.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, there are a couple Ahamkara skulls that will sell you stuff, one sells you 1 Queens Tincqure (the ascendant potion) for 50 boughs each, max of 5. Don't recall what the other sells, but its not as important. Do a search on how to get to "The Confluence" / "Harbingers Seclude" (skulls are in Seclude).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has anyone been watching people going through the Last Wish "raid"? Have -any- of the mechanics/puzzles involved in the fights make -any- sense to the fight? When did mechanics become more important than a characters abilities in defeating a boss?

spronk

FPS noob
i see a lot of the same people that started streaming at 10am - goth, datto, slayerage, etc - still streaming. have they really been playing like 13 hours? insanity

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, there were 2 big roadblocks. The Riven fight so far has smashed the groups, with Ninjyy / Datto's group getting to possibly the last stage, but both choking.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
before that it was 4 dudes hugging each others ballsacks around the maps peeking corners one at a tine with the mida or uriels.
Went back to playing like this, but with pulses instead of mida or uriels, won 5 straight and got the elemental kills for my crucible tournament quest. Keeping those long sight lines around corners is key. If you play aggressively with SMGs you will just get smoked by shotguns all the time now.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Is there a trick to using hand cannons in the Crucible or Gambit, or I’m I just getting old? My aim with them is horrendous, and trying to complete my Ace of Spades invasion shit is a royal pain in the ass. When I run into someone and they’re using a hand cannon, it seems like they’re able to blast me from half the map away in just a few shots, while I’m dumping an entire clip.

spronk

FPS noob
for those like me who have to live vicariously through watching other people raid, here is the full new raid clear. looks really cool, the last boss especially is insane and a huge kudos to bungie for making what is probably their best raid

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I watched Datto's and Ninjjyy's stream for the most part since they were the firsts to get to Riven. Neither ended up being the world first so that has to suck. Ontop of that Datto's team went 24 straight hours to finally get their boss kill and they ended up up taking 24 hours and 2 minutes so no triumph reward for raid kill in the first 24 hours. bummer but much respect to those guys for sticking it out like that.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yah, it's saying something that the first raid was only beaten by a select few in the first 24hours. None of which were console as that increases the Riven fight's difficulty that much more due to using a controller, and not being able to type the positions of when using the eye (L2, L1, R2, R1, etc.). The reception for Forsaken is very high. Hopefully they actually learn from this and iterate on going forward. This is the Destiny we've deserved & been asking/hoping for. Finally.

• 2Solidarity

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Yah, it's saying something that the first raid was only beaten by a select few in the first 24hours. None of which were console as that increases the Riven fight's difficulty that much more due to using a controller, and not being able to type the positions of when using the eye (L2, L1, R2, R1, etc.). The reception for Forsaken is very high. Hopefully they actually learn from this and iterate on going forward. This is the Destiny we've deserved & been asking/hoping for. Finally.

Don't worry, they'll repeat mistakes again in 3.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity