Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been playing Gambit quite a bit lately, and I actually like it more than I thought I would. Yet, it is no clear to see how easy it is to cheese the system. More and more teams are just hoarding motes until the opposing team pops their Primeval, then they send an invader to extend the Primes life so that the Slayer buff builds. At this point, they summon their Primeval, while also sending over blockers.... and they get the same Slayer buff as the first team. So a good team can melt their Prime even though they started way later. Its dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So finally got my ace of spades this weekend. That first part was brutal, but fri I decided to just grind it. Its fucked because it forced me to use a hand cannon in gambit which I would never use. I even have a god roll better devils with outlaw and kill clip and still I would take my rampage energy pulse and a shotty every time. But anyway I finally got the 5 kills on fri. Luck more than anything really.

The raid thing? Well, from what I saw its kind of a dissapointment to me. All this jumping through hoops, symbols, shooting eyes and shit and all the other wipe menchanics, it seems like they are going off the deep end with this shit. I really hoped they would of took it back to VoG type shit, where you actually did shooter things rather than dumb puzzles. But thats just my take on it. I was never really a raider other than a few PUG here and there, and really this raid I dont see too many Pugs clearing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So finally got my ace of spades this weekend. That first part was brutal, but fri I decided to just grind it. Its fucked because it forced me to use a hand cannon in gambit which I would never use. I even have a god roll better devils with outlaw and kill clip and still I would take my rampage energy pulse and a shotty every time. But anyway I finally got the 5 kills on fri. Luck more than anything really.

The raid thing? Well, from what I saw its kind of a dissapointment to me. All this jumping through hoops, symbols, shooting eyes and shit and all the other wipe menchanics, it seems like they are going off the deep end with this shit. I really hoped they would of took it back to VoG type shit, where you actually did shooter things rather than dumb puzzles. But thats just my take on it. I was never really a raider other than a few PUG here and there, and really this raid I dont see too many Pugs clearing.

They definitely need to pull their heads out of their ass when it comes to this shit. I don't see myself participating in any raid this go around do to retarded mechanics. Also, fuck them for forcing PVP once again to get an exotic with no alternative.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People love mechanics like that, apparently. They are dumb. Consider the first encounter. Why do the doors open to give you a safeplace when the boss is about to use their Ontological weapon? How does that make sense at all, the mechanic should be to -stop- her from using it. Why are there pads in the room with a symbol above it... right, they are there just to have the players do something.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They definitely need to pull their heads out of their ass when it comes to this shit. I don't see myself participating in any raid this go around do to retarded mechanics. Also, fuck them for forcing PVP once again to get an exotic with no alternative.
One of their CM's did mention that a 3rd Seed would be obtainable outside of the Raid, and to me that sounds like it will probably be a quest reward for during the final stage of Dreaming City corruption, or it is already available as a rare drop from the T4 blind well (580 bosses..).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also Iron Banner is here this week,a game mode I really love since D1, but with power lvl on, first time in D2 i think. And who will be the king dongs in PvP? Yep the raid fucktards, with their power being ~20-30 higher than everyone else. While other/PvP folks like me having no way to get that power level aside going to raid. Or grinding prime engrams for the next few months. Its retarded all around. They need to realize that there are segments of the games population that dont like PvP, or others that dont like PvE raids, and both need ways to advance without entering the others arena forcefully.

I got a guy at work that plays on Xbone and he fucking despises PvP, he actually forgoes even going in there for the 5-6 games to get his power engram its how bad he hates it. I told him about the ace quest and hes like, well another weapon I will never see.

Then this whole deal with the masterwork core bullshit is another downer. why cant I upgrade my shit bungie? Why do you want to stop me from upgrading my favorite shit with asinine cockblocks? I would be even OK with it if there was some way to grind for them. Have strikes drop 1-2 ea. SOMETHING other than the 1-2 per day we get by just dismantling shit. Not everyone is a streamer that has been playing this game from inception 6-8 hrs a day and has thousands of these saved up. Regular folks only have 5-20 at any given time.

You dont even want to upgrade anything because you fear youre fucking up and wasting them stupid things, let alone actually MASTERWORKING an item, which the cores were intended for in the first place.

Last edited:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Core issue is a resource sink that Bungie mistakenly thought would deplete the stock that their hardcore players (who they are focused on), but that will never happen. So it just punishes the majority of playerbase. It will change, but not soon. I don't infuse armor at all, I simply use the highest lvl piece for each slot, unless its really nice for my weapon setup. As for weapons, I feel restricted to using a double Pulse setup, the new 4 burst pulse rifles are very nice, and scouts seem underwhelming and bows feel slow (but strong).

I'm also someone who avoids PvP, especially since I am a controller pleb on PC, it is simply not fun. I'll do the single match, but the thought of spending over an hour of running content I dislike for 1 drop that may / may not help me at all, is not appealing enough for to do it. Bungie simply doesn't understand that. I like Gambit because I can actually contribute to the Team, plus, there is only 1 invader.

Hosix

All labs matter!
I am in a similar boat I guess. I slog through the PVP just for the engram. I like the bounties from spider. Getting prime engrams has been the trick. But that can take forever for your daily 2.

I forced myself to use a sidearm. I kept getting ones with outlaw and killclip. Plus I added that backup mag thing. They do well in Gambit cause of the cqb factor. I got one of those Bygones pulse rifles. It’s okay....but fuck bows. That shit is horribly slow.

And cores.....major cockblock

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The Ace of Spades quest has been frustrating considering I usually never use a hand cannon in PvP. But luckily I started using Crimson abit just before Forsaken dropped so that has been the only thing that has made those parts the least bit manageable. The precision kills in PvP with the hand cannon has been particularly brutal for me as I am usually not a headshot on every trigger pull kind of guy.

EDIT: But having said all that, its been somewhat fun forcing me to focus on aspects of my game that I usually don't.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dreaming City changed again. Very few Scorn, if any around. Now its mostly Taken / Hive. The Blind Well is all Hive. The Ascendant Challenge is pure ass, unless you like jumping puzzle-ish stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So Iron Banner is a big bust with rewards. All the guns except maybe the rocket and sniper are all hot garbage, the armor looks like ass and the Powerful Engram rewards for me at least were only +5 which was a shit ton of work for. (100 kills to the dome and 15 kills while holding all 3 zones) Not that it matters anyways because im all out of cores anyway to infuse.

I really liked D1 toward the end where they dropped packages of powerful stuff after certain milestones, and all the gear that dropped in IB back then was all high level infusion stuff. IB was actually an end game activity in D1to catch up people which dont raid, where as here its only just another activity. Plus in D1 they made the exp more and more as the week progressed so you could easily grind out the packages on all 3 characters.

There are dudes already 570-580 after grinding the raid all fucking weekend and some more after reset. Where as my dudes are getting something like +5 to+8 overall power per week if they are lucky and get the right drops. Do you know how many weeks it would take to get to 580, especially when everything caps out at 540 soft cap except the primes? LOL, I dont know wy they are doing this. I guess its either raid or stay at 540-550.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dreaming City rewards still give +5 or higher after 540, except for the Story missions, those are +1. Primes, Exotics, and DC Weeklies will continue to give solid bumps to lvl after 540 and beyond. My Titan went from 539 to 548 this reset, and I think it only got 2 primes while doing all the milestones. I think Crucible rank ups also give +5 after 540.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So Iron Banner is a big bust with rewards. All the guns except maybe the rocket and sniper are all hot garbage

You sure about that? This one pretty good if you can grind for it. Overall I agree, though; D1 IB was more exciting and in general had 1 good weapon per event.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Cant see your video or whatever(at work and its blocked) but you taking about the pulse? If so its utter garbage. Even if it rolls with good perks, its stats across the board are garbage.

The rocket launcher is the Yr1 raid rocket launchers brother. Huge blast radius and clusters... can even get it to roll with tracking. The sniper is only one of few high impact yr 2 snipes so its good. Mine rolled with snapshot.

Last edited:

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
I left my clan and joined the FOH clan on PS4 2 resets ago. I have not been able to earn xp for the clan and therefore cannot get the engram for some reason. I have the clan banner but wtf am I doing wrong here?

spronk

FPS noob
i think the only way to earn clan XP now is to get the quests from the clan lady in the tower, you don't get clan XP anymore for random stuff but only those quests

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So they nerfed the ace spades quest. Now instead of killing 5 invaders, you now can get to get it by killing 100 mobs...

Fucking plebs get to get a free ace now, lol.

Edit: also no more telesto well cheese.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The salty tears of people complaining about the Ace of Spades quest change are delicious. I'm going to guess a big chunk of those people traded kills for their completions.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Probably, many games in the beginning week I was asked to do just that by randoms on opposing teams.

Sadly I did mine legit. Took a 1/2 bottle of whiskey and a fri night for 8 hrs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wahts cool about this change is this can easily be completed by my other two characters now for infusion fuel since exotics are like +5 or +6.