Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So the whole dreaming city changed again. They added a "dungeon" with raid like bosses and minis. some are speculating this is how you get the exotic bow (kind of like whisper of the worm secret type shit). The end of the mission there is liek 90 econds to do something/figure shit out its also like 570-590, lol. Also they added the malfesence handcannon, confirned in the game now, so get your gambits on fellas and fillets.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, they added two new missions to Dreaming City: Dark Monastery and Shattered Throne. The Throne mission is the high lvl one, with hidden bosses that you need to kill in order to become worth enough to (supposedly) get the Wish Ender bow.

In Gambit there is a RNG chance to get a new Primeval boss to pop when you spawn one, killing it will give you the item to start the Malf quest (supposedly). Played 4 matches, no pop. =/

Edit: Also, when you turn in the Queen's Offering bounty, you'll get your 3rd Seed of Light as a reward.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think I'll be playing a lot of Gambits thats for sure. I need to learn how to play it - when to drop off motes / Risk Reward Balance, how to invade, when to invade. etc. With a team that knows what they are doing here, that tea, could dominate.
It is fun, but it needs some tweaks. I good team, or a solid group of randoms can cheese the match easily as long as they just wait to summon their Prime after the other team. Kinda risky, but it seems to work out well enough that people do it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Three Exotic drops today so far, Coldheart, World Line Zero, and a sparrow (the 4th one so far).

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bungie has a hardon for getting people to pvp. This new Gambit exotic, low spawn chance for a mob that you need to kill, but then one of the later steps wants you to get a team wipe as an invader, or have a teammate get a team-wipe 3 times in a match, plus you need 25 guardian kills as an invader. The only pve quest exotic is a kinda unimpressive bow buried in content that is 580+. Unique properties of the bow are "see through walls while fully charged" and the ability to destroy Ahamkara eggs in Dreaming City.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Three Exotic drops today so far, Coldheart, World Line Zero, and a sparrow (the 4th one so far).

I got 2 exotic in about 3 hours of play and my friend got 1 during the same time. Did they change the drop rate? Or is there a hidden mechanic that lowers drop rate after you got a few that resets with the weekly reset because it's a strange coincidence that we got 3 exotic in 3 hours or so...when we didn't get any in the last 3-4 days.

I did the Blind Well in dreaming city for the first time. Didn't get much loot, 1 Prime Engram and a Seed of Light to unlock my 2nd Super from Forsaken. A bit chaotic, but fun...was me and my friend who are about 525 Light Level and 2 other players. We did a bunch of Tier 1, 2 and 3.

My warlock had the Stormcaller's Kamehameha Super, now I unlocked the Dawnbreaker's Well of Radiance which I realize was much better than I thought at first. Now to unlock all the abilities in the Well of Radiance tree.

Still too low for a lot of the stuff in Dreaming City, but got to 525 in about 2 weeks of casual play so it's not too bad I guess.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
My exotics as far as the expansion is world line zero, lord of wolves, ashen wake, geomag stabilizers, shards of galanor, and some shitty warlock chest, the one that buffs your rifts. also got a second ace from a blind well run one day. Oh and also some new boots on titan that reflect dmg when you slide or some shit, I infused them. Oh and I got another hard light which I infused as well. So exotics ARE dropping for me but definitely not like before where you would get 1-2 a day if you farmed PEs, lol.

Ladro

Anomaly
Blind Well Tier 4 gives you pretty good upgrades. I got a 565 Warlock Bond for completing it at 555. Was a huge upgrade and pretty easy to beat if there are enough people that know what to do. Did it twice with blueberries.

The new content is amazing, Bungie is slaying this expansion right now. There is literally too much to do and it exactly what everyone was asking for. Someone here works at Bungie, please pass along my admiration and thanks. Y'all did good with this one.

You want an in game Grimoire? Here that is amped up to 11 via Triumphs and Collections. Oh and we threw WoW titles in there too while we were at it.
You want PVP focused exotics to chase? Ace of Spades and Malfeasance. Go have fun grinding that shit out.
You want PVE focused exotics to chase? Wish Ender bow in a 570-590 dungeon that's basically a 3 man raid. Bow destroys previously immune "eggs" in the Dreaming City which probably leads to another exotic. Good luck Guardians.
You want to grind? Okay, hold my beer, here's random rolls to fill your vault. Power level is not handed to you in the first week, have fun banging your face against things you're too low to do for awhile. Want to raid, "git gud" or grind for power.

I'm honestly in awe of how much content there is. It's almost like Bungie spent 3 years on just this expansion alone and ate shit for a year with the base release of Destiny 2 so they could iron out everything at scale in production for this release. This was in the pipeline for a very very long time. Destiny 2 had to be released as it was so they could release Forsaken a year later.

Everyone will say "oh they should have just waited and released this initially" to which the only counter I have is effectively "clearly you've never worked at an enterprise with web scale systems that require a complete reset to achieve your long term strategy".

Rose colored glasses and all, but this is what I've wanted to play for years. It's an unbelievable time to play Destiny 2, I just wish it had cross saves so I could play on PC and XBOX.

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It''s also too bad they continue to screw the pooch until the major expansion (Just like Destiny 1 did).

It's gotten to the point where Bungie's reputation for me for Destiny 3 will be to wait until the major expansion comes out a year later and buy a GOTY edition and play then on the cheap. (Or just rent vanilla and bypass any 1st year DLC) I won't even consider Destiny 3 vanilla or it's 2 DLC's for purchase the first year unless there is some major glowing for the first 6 months from the gamers here.

• 1Solidarity

Ladro

Anomaly
It''s also too bad they continue to screw the pooch until the major expansion (Just like Destiny 1 did).

It's gotten to the point where Bungie's reputation for me for Destiny 3 will be to wait until the major expansion comes out a year later and buy a GOTY edition and play then on the cheap. (Or just rent vanilla and bypass any 1st year DLC) I won't even consider Destiny 3 vanilla or it's 2 DLC's for purchase the first year unless there is some major glowing for the first 6 months from the gamers here.

Yeah, I hear you. For me though, it felt like D1 launch was just a classic fuck up by the publisher rushing things and the gutting of the story didn't help at all. Took them that first year to really get things in order and honestly TTK to fix it all.

This one feels intentional to me. Bungie was plauged by so many issues with their internal content pipeline and being anchored by the legacy platforms (PS3/360) surely didn't help. I think D2 launch was the only way they could fix all of that and they knew ahead of time it was going to suck.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They just went the casual way in D2 and it didnt work out so well. Legendary and exotics for days. No random loot, everyone gets everything type of shit. Well that has no depth and hardly any replayability. How many same guns do you need to get until you quit? Armor thats all just vanity shit?

Now look, random loot is back, hard ass raid plus other hard content that no one can just solo, like in vanilla d2. Exotic quests, hidden quests, weekly missions... Every game mode has something to chase. Im to the point where im only concentrating on my titan and lock, said fuck the huntard because there is just too much to do for now to concentrate on all 3. Plus every week, it seems they just add fucking more.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got 2 exotic in about 3 hours of play and my friend got 1 during the same time. Did they change the drop rate? Or is there a hidden mechanic that lowers drop rate after you got a few that resets with the weekly reset because it's a strange coincidence that we got 3 exotic in 3 hours or so...when we didn't get any in the last 3-4 days.

I did the Blind Well in dreaming city for the first time. Didn't get much loot, 1 Prime Engram and a Seed of Light to unlock my 2nd Super from Forsaken. A bit chaotic, but fun...was me and my friend who are about 525 Light Level and 2 other players. We did a bunch of Tier 1, 2 and 3.

My warlock had the Stormcaller's Kamehameha Super, now I unlocked the Dawnbreaker's Well of Radiance which I realize was much better than I thought at first. Now to unlock all the abilities in the Well of Radiance tree.

Still too low for a lot of the stuff in Dreaming City, but got to 525 in about 2 weeks of casual play so it's not too bad I guess.
525 is enough for all of Dreaming City, just need to careful (highest content in DC proper is Chamber of Starlight at 560, which should be "Swords" to 525). The Ascendant Challenges, and the new Story missions will be rough, but if you can party up for them, it should be ok (aside from Shattered Throne).

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This week should be the end of the Dreaming City content cycle, which will reset next Tuesday. I wonder if Shattered Throne will remain active, I'm thinking not... but I'm also wondering if stuff inside there will change for its next appearance (aside from Wish Ender).

The big question for me is how the three DLC's this year will be, and what D3 will be like.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I heard that this stuf will all be on 3 week cycles, well see next week. This is good though because most plebs are still like 530-540, and it would be a shame if they missed out on all this content.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
So I just got back into this and I have one question. How do you do the light grind from 500 to 540? It seems I have stalled out on the way to 510. I can see how, given time and getting enough 'powerful gear' drops I can eventually get up there but currently, most content is gated and I don't really seem to have any good way to grind it out.

At this point it appears my options are log on, do my powerful gear quests and then just hang the game up until next week. What options am I overlooking/missing?

• 1Like

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I had a similar problem with getting past 510ish as I recently started playing this again and within like 3-4 days I've done all the powerful engram quests I could for my light level. Couldn't figure out what to do so I just farted around on Iron Banner until the weekly quests reset and now I am at 521 within a day of that happening.

Speak of the devil:

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Learned something today in regards to actual guns. Ever since Destiny launched there were various hand cannons which didn't make sense to me given how they looked. The hammer and barrel never lined up, so mechanically I thought how could that possibly work. Yet today, I learned about Chiappa Revolver. A type of gun which is exactly like they have in Destiny, I was amazed.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That video is dumb, lol. If you can do the preceeding parts of the Wish Ender quest, you can also do the Ogre part.

Hosix

All labs matter!
So I just got back into this and I have one question. How do you do the light grind from 500 to 540? It seems I have stalled out on the way to 510. I can see how, given time and getting enough 'powerful gear' drops I can eventually get up there but currently, most content is gated and I don't really seem to have any good way to grind it out.

At this point it appears my options are log on, do my powerful gear quests and then just hang the game up until next week. What options am I overlooking/missing?

Getting your two engrams each day from grinding helps. I just hit 543....I stopped infusing shit as the cores just don’t drop enough. Start a second character and it ups your chances at gear greatly. I am running a Titan through slowly.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I did the raid chest thing last night with all 3 of my characters. Scored the raid hand cannon(outlaw triple tap wish it was outlaw and firefly), some primary sniper and a rocket launcher. Only part of it that sucks is standing there shooting a fucking wall for 15 min trying to get all the pictures right.