Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Alright so my wife and I are going to try this out together since it's free right now. I've never played anything like it. Any tips? Can we play the campaign together? Is there anything we need to know in order to start near each other? What would be the best use of our time? Also, she's terrible at video games, but she has more experience than I do with these types of games as she's played all the Mass Effect games etc (don't know how similar they are, but they seem similar).

You have to do the tutorial section solo and the quest to get back your light solo, once you get your light back you can do everything together. Afterwards you should both be dropped off at the same place (The farm I believe), if not it will put you in orbit at which point you can join on each other. You will also be able to join on each other going forward at any point unless they are at the tower/farm and it is full or in a strike that is full.

She should be fine for the most part, I would recommend Titan for her, they are beefy and have a lot of defense stuff like shields which will help her. Once you get to Forsaken is when things start ass ramming you if you're not careful.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It absolutely is with Forsaken, stand alone though not so much. However, it will give you a taste of the gunplay.

I've never even looked at this game but am interested in trying it.

That being said, what the hell does what you said mean? Is Forsaken an expansion?

Hekotat

That being said, what the hell does what you said mean? Is Forsaken an expansion?

Yes, Forsaken is a DLC that fixed most of the issues with the game and added a fuckload of content. I'd recommend playing through the story first then deciding if you want the expansion. If you are a casual player it will take a long time to get to max light and it's really fun with friends. We mainly try to get each other killed and pull off insane wins/kills etc.

I wish I could get more of my FPS friends into it. The gunplay cannot be beat.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

If you decide to play message me on here, battle.net or steam. I'll create a new char with you. As long as it don't interfere with my night GW2 runs.

• 1Solidarity

Hekotat

This is so much better on PC I'm going to have to restart.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I just hit level 8, sort of wish I bought the game when it came out now. Anything to avoid doing? Went with Warlock. Getting this for free was a smart move from Blizz, I'll end up buying a Forsaken and I was looking for a reason to build a new PC.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Whatever the haters say, its a good game, made way better by forsaken. Just the movement and the feel, the gun play of this game is bar none in the shooter scene. And its worth a purchase for that alone. Going to games like BF1, BF4, or even BOPS4 after playing this just reinforces that fact even more.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I picked it up for free and blew through the campaign, it's a decent shooter, but it gets kinda repetitive. Does Forsaken and all the other DLC improve it that much ? If all the gear progression boils down to getting my blue number up, then I'll give it pass, otherwise I might pick up the rest in a month or two.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Until you start playing with exotics and higher end purple gear, yeah gearing is basically increasing your light level. Once you start mixing around different weapons with unique abilities and effects, it makes things a lot more fun, especially if you play around with how different things work with different specs. That all said, at the end of the day, it still boils down to whatever is OP for meta at the highest levels of play, though I feel you have a good bit more wiggle room than that usually entails.

Hekotat

The gear grind becomes much harsher at higher levels and so do the enemies.

There is a lot to do and almost no hand holding to the point where you have to look up guides to do certain things or obtain weapons you'd like.

If you poopsock you'll be done with this game fairly quickly, if you're casual you can drag it out forever but it all comes down to mindset. If you're just looking to max out your light level then it won't take long, if you keep going for God rolls, PvP, raids, general fun with friends it should last you awhile.

I'm looking for more people to play with on PC. Hit me with your active clan names and blizzard names.

Here's to hoping forsaken goes on sale this Thanksgiving

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Next DLC drops in Dec, it will be a minor one, but im sure it will add a ton of shit to do and also change up the crucible meta.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I mean, I hope it changes up a few things for sure. Supposedly Gambit is 'evolving' in the next DLC.

I hope there's a raid lair at least.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Do the premium raids/content things go out of rotation once that season is done, or do they open up again later?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is still some great weapons from the old raid, like the midnight coup and inaugural address, both are quite deadly in PvP and PvE.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And to echo mkopec mkopec people still do the old raids almost specifically for midnight coup (or tokens to buy it from robot). However finding groups during the week is a little more challenging, so best bet is using destingllyfg during the weekend unless you have a clan

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The gear grind becomes much harsher at higher levels and so do the enemies.

There is a lot to do and almost no hand holding to the point where you have to look up guides to do certain things or obtain weapons you'd like.

If you poopsock you'll be done with this game fairly quickly, if you're casual you can drag it out forever but it all comes down to mindset. If you're just looking to max out your light level then it won't take long, if you keep going for God rolls, PvP, raids, general fun with friends it should last you awhile.

I'm looking for more people to play with on PC. Hit me with your active clan names and blizzard names.

Here's to hoping forsaken goes on sale this Thanksgiving

Guess I can load this up again...

• 1Solidarity