Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I play on an i5 4670K, 8gb DDR3, Samsung 750 Evo SSD, Radeon R9 390.

Plays fine at 1080p high, but I don't have a 4k tv or HDR etc. Stream can lag at times. Load times are better than console but others do load in faster than I do regularly. I'm going to upgrade soon to 32gb and a Ryzen which should last me another few years.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
you dont really need 32 gb, thats only for engineering worstations and shit like that. CAD and other modeling type shit. 16 gb is perfect and more than enough for any day to day PCing and gaming.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So got some dudes to carry me in comp for 2100 and got my recluse. Fucking thing is sweet. Now working on my hush bow.

• 1Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Do I have to unlock the forges in order? I assume so, because I've killed a shitload of vex today doing other things and didn't get a transponder for Izanami. Problem is, Gofannon is fucking impossible because faggots always show up to make sure the cryo-pod event never gets to go heroic.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
IIRC yes you unlock them in order.

You can do any of the weapons in the Bergusia forge if you want to skip unlocking the others. If you are going for the Sniper Exotic you will need to unlock them all.

Vorph

I just want a good Blast Furnace, Jotunn, and a less shitty Hammerhead; don't think I care about that sniper at all. I guess one of the guides I read lied to me, it said that Bergusia was the last to unlock. I ended up finally getting past the Gofannon step that needed the heroic, but still pretty salty about the hours of my time that all those random asshats wasted.

Gave up on the Menagerie stuff for now since I don't even see any weapons I want, especially compared to what the forge offers. Would have been nice to be able to loot the chests this week, but oh well.

Not sure what it is about the game though. Could be I just don't like Hunter anymore, could be the switch from static rolls to RNG, could be the drip-feed grind and all the weird gating they put on everything and the need to sift through all the crap I can do to figure out what I should do... but I'm just not enjoying it nearly as much this time around. I think it's mostly the RNG--I got absolutely nothing out of chasing "godrolls" in Destiny 1 and I always thought D2's best idea was getting rid of that shit.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think they lied to you, it was the original intent to have Bergusia be the last to unlock, but there was a bug in the quest line. It was supposed to be unlocked when the first team beat Niobe Labs (similar to how Dreaming City started changing after Last Wish Raid was beat). So they unlocked it for everyone as a sort of apology.

Having looked at the guides recently while helping Hekotat out with Truth quest, they are confusing because most of them were written as things were discovered. They did not go back and clarify a lot of things afterward.

I feel you on the whole "what should I be doing" aspect. I took a few months off to skip Season of the Drifter, came back and was confused. Fortunately my clan was on hand to answer questions. I generally knocked out the entire Season of the Drifter stuff in a week on my Titan. Finally got Dredgen title last night and I am not sure I ever want to run Gambit again lol. Actually, I will now that I do not have to work on anything. Like Crucible, I like to play Gambit for fun, not because it is needed for a quest.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bergusia was in fact the last forge to unlock, but it was made available to everyone after having been done once. You can forge/curate any frame there but you wont be able to buy most of the frames unless you unlock the forges they are originally created in. So you need to do the full forge unlock sequence on at least one character.

Grinding menagerie is so much better than grinding forges and frame steps. Jotunn is the only forge weapon I use with any regularity.

Vorph

I don't like hand cannons though, and Austringer seems like it's the main thing everyone grinds for. How does one get the curated roll version of Menagerie items anyway? Fixed Odds (curated) has good perks, even though the gun itself looks annoying to use (on console). If/when I do Menagerie, I'm much more inclined to go for armor to chase some enhanced perks. That won't be anytime soon anyway, I died 20ish times doing it once at 691. Two other people died even more than I did, so either I got really unlucky being paired with other newbs, or all the max light people only do heroic. Seems completely pointless to try until I'm at least 720, at any rate.

All I really want is a non-exotic kinetic pulse rifle (is there anything else besides Blast Furnace that can be farmed?) and something else non-exotic/energy that pairs well with Outbreak Perfected once I get it. And a good MG, since my Hammerhead rolled with quickdraw and surrounded. I'm actually kind of hoping I can get a decent Bane of Sorrow from one of the cheeseable raid chests, since I always preferred the slowest and hardest hitting guns, especially anything automatic.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I died 20ish times doing it once at 691. Two other people died even more than I did, so either I got really unlucky being paired with other newbs, or all the max light people only do heroic. Seems completely pointless to try until I'm at least 720, at any rate.

You only get matched with people with a similar light level, the caveat to that is people grouped with higher light levels. So if you're soloing queuing under the recommended you're going to be put with other underleveled people. I discovered this while trying to get into forges a while back.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
If you get Menagerie on Blackout modifier days, you are going to likely die a lot.

Not sure how weapons feel on console, but on PC Fixed Odds replaced my Hammer Head for the most part. Handles very well and hits like a truck with precision.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think you can get curated menagerie weapons as powerful drops for the week. I've never gotten one. Sounds like no one has gotten a curated menagerie weapon yet, might be Heroic only. Imperial Decree and Devoted are two other weapons that people farm a lot for. You could try to get a Chattering Bone pulse from the two Last Wish chests you can cheese, but you wont be able to get that curated. Not sure how much use armor farming is right now considering the armor revamp we are getting with Shadow Keep.

If you don't have it then grind for the Loaded Question vanguard fusion rifle. If you're going to do Gambit, might as well grind for the 21% Delirium, great LMG.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I always thought D2's best idea was getting rid of that shit.

It could of been good, but they just could not keep up with releasing enough weapons to satiate the thirst people had for weapons and grinding in general. Getting the same shit with the same roll for the 10th time sucks, now imagine this x100 and this was what destiny 2 vanilla was. There was just not enough things to chase. Couple this with their shitty 2 primary system they had plus the lacking skills and severely lacking super generation, shitty uninspired exotics, undoing what armor was in D1 with its rolls, plus the lacking choices they gave you in the guardian skill trees, destiny 2 vanilla was a fucking dud. There was no power fantasy there at all. I dont know what they were thinking but the shit just didnt work. Why repeat content over and over again when you pretty much have it all? Now at least you have a reason to do the shit over and over again.

Sorry man but I dont agree with you there. Every change they made since that time has made Destiny 2 better. From the go fast update, to adding back secondary slot for snipers, shot guns, and fusions and such, and making power weapons powerful again, adding in RNG again, plus the curated shit and on top of this and adding in other curated weapons to chase such as the breakneck and the such every season, the exotic quests, the exotic missions, this game is way better than it was in beginning.

Last edited:

Vorph

Sure, I get that a lot of people seem to like it. My problem is simple though: my luck in games like this fucking sucks. It sucks in D2, it sucks in Path of Exile, it sucked in D1, Division 1 & 2, Diablo 3, WoW, hell all the way back to EQ really. RNGesus hates me. People talk about the 'rush' of getting whatever it is they've been grinding for in the same way gamblers do; I don't gamble and the only feeling I get after getting some item I've been chasing for far too long is relief that the ordeal is finally over and I can go back to doing shit that is actually fun.

I see people talk about not getting a proper Austringer after using the cheese to open hundred(s) of chests and I think, "Yeah, that would definitely be me" and immediately I have no interest in doing something like Menagerie at all. Especially not after the fix (something that to me doesn't even sound broken) coming today. I think I would have less of a problem with the system if all 4 columns of perks had things to choose from, because it's when you layer RNG on top of RNG on top of more RNG that it really gets frustrating. It feels like D2 has almost as many layers of RNG as Div 2, except that I can get as many potential upgrades in one day there as I could in a week of playing Destiny. Unfortunately Massive opted to ruin their game in other ways, so I suppose that's a moot point.

Anyway ranting about stuff that's probably never going to change is a waste of my time, and I'm thinking maybe the solution to my problem is this video:

The title seems a bit clickbait-y to me but he has 127k subs so I figure he probably knows what he's talking about and what got my attention was that the two legendary guns are the kind of fixed rolls that I like. Granted, the effort required to get vanguard pinnacle weapons seems fairly ridiculous, at least if you don't have a fireteam to go sit in a strike doing well of souls instead of the strike itself, which I probably won't since I know no one who plays on PS4. But still, if I can get Loaded Question and Wendigo, I already have Huckleberry and its catalyst done. Anyone used that loadout, or something similar with maybe Outbreak Perfected in place of Huckleberry? It's a great gun but even just watching the video I can see that he's making shots on PC that would be completely impossible with how the bloom works on console and my effective range is maybe 1/3 to 1/2 what his is.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That load out would wreck shit. Outbreak Perfected could replace Huckleberry no problem. Even Blast Furnace would be a good option, but then you get into random rolls.

Ranting about random rolls is fine, because a lot of what you are asking for is the direction they are moving toward with Shadowkeep and armor. If they pull it off though, remains to be seen. The Menagerie is their test bed for some of the changes they may be making as well.

Even after the bug fix Menagerie is great because you can affect what drops, and with a fully upgraded chalice you can determine what type of masterwork it comes with. Leveling up and have a slot that is holding you back? Boom do Menagerie to fill that slot. Also, it is kinda fun IMO.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well maybe if your luck sucks, I can see your point, but this shit still takes some grinding. But take the austringer, like the second time I did menagerie with the green runes I got 2 rolls, one PvP and one for PVE, I got opening shot and eye of the storm for pvp and outlaw rampage for pve. Only thing I didnt get from menagerie is the sniper with quickdraw and snapshot. But whatevs. What kind of sucks though about this shit is I think Bungie weighs certain perks more than others, or it feels like they do.

The wendigo is kind of a meh weapon though. It CAN be really awesome if you have orbs lying around, but often times you dont so its kind of a meh weapon if you dont. I would opt for any nade launcher with spike nades. I saw somewhere (I think somethingawful) where they did a DPS breakdown and swarm of the raven beat out wendigo. Shit even the edge transit can roll with spike nades. And I still love the sleeper simulant too. That shit is up there DPS wise too and its a quest to get.

The loaded question is a beast though. I especially love to use this on my hunter (dodge reload) and warlock with transversive steps on. You can clear out a set of blockers in gambit, for example, with one resirvoir burst shot if they are bunched up. And I would still grind out the breakneck because on console its probably still top tier weapon since its AR.

And I would still open up all the forges and grind some of those weapons for sure. once you do a powerful frame for the week, you can just keep grinding that same frame over and over and that pulse, like you mentioned is a beast. I never scored a god roll but I got a quickdraw and rampage and a zen moment and kill clip which are both nice. Good enough to wreck shit with. Jotun is really fun as well, I use it all the time in gambit it even wrecks invaders if they peak for too long. And that is a random drop from the last forge.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I see people talk about not getting a proper Austringer after using the cheese to open hundred(s) of chests
I rolled like 35 and masterworked three of them. Honestly I probably could have stopped after < 10, but the cheese was too appealing. Very first roll was Outlaw/Rangefinder and the other two I kept were Outlaw/Rampage.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Vorph

I'd probably die of shock if that ever happened to me. You're talking to someone who got 2 exalted orb drops total in the current PoE league while a friend of mine--both of us farming the same shit--is averaging 2-3 a day. If it's possible to not get an outlaw/feeding frenzy + rampage gun in 100+ rolls, I just assume that's what it'll take. Anyway, Austringer wasn't a great example since I dislike HCs and it's not just because of console bloom. I just don't like them. Strangely, I've had great success with one particular sidearm though (Smuggler's Word). Not sure what makes it so good but it seems to kill shit much faster than almost everything else I have. Mine doesn't even have Rampage either, just Outlaw.

Well maybe if your luck sucks, I can see your point, but this shit still takes some grinding.
Yeah, I am definitely a bit concerned about burning out due to how long it's likely to take to complete the two pinnacles without being able to cheese them. I'd suck it up and drag out my headset if I thought I might get it done by looking on r/fireteams or whatever, but I haven't looked into that yet.

The wendigo is kind of a meh weapon though. It CAN be really awesome if you have orbs lying around, but often times you dont so its kind of a meh weapon if you dont. I would opt for any nade launcher with spike nades. I saw somewhere (I think somethingawful) where they did a DPS breakdown and swarm of the raven beat out wendigo. Shit even the edge transit can roll with spike nades. And I still love the sleeper simulant too. That shit is up there DPS wise too and its a quest to get.
Sleeper Simulant is exotic though, and I think that's best used for Huckleberry or Outbreak Perfected, once I get the quest done to the point where I can look for someone to clear the mission for me.

As far as orbs go, I would think there'd be a ton laying around with all 3 weapons being MW and excelling at getting multikills?

The loaded question is a beast though. I especially love to use this on my hunter (dodge reload) and warlock with transversive steps on. You can clear out a set of blockers in gambit, for example, with one resirvoir burst shot if they are bunched up. And I would still grind out the breakneck because on console its probably still top tier weapon since its AR.
First thing I'm doing this week is getting my warlock to 50 and through the Forsaken questline. Really wish I'd done warlock first to begin with. I tried switching my hunter to Orpheus Rig instead of the arc build I normally use, didn't help though. I hate missing a super shot, which happens way too often on console. And neither top tree nor bottom tree (minus the last perk no one takes, still) felt very strong in the stuff I do anyway. It also annoys me that hunter can't cheese two chests in Last Wish, while both warlock and titan can.

And I would still open up all the forges and grind some of those weapons for sure. once you do a powerful frame for the week, you can just keep grinding that same frame over and over and that pulse, like you mentioned is a beast. I never scored a god roll but I got a quickdraw and rampage and a zen moment and kill clip which are both nice. GooI willd enough to wreck shit with. Jotun is really fun as well, I use it all the time in gambit it even wrecks invaders if they peak for too long. And that is a random drop from the last forge.
Yep, I'm trying to. Unlocking the forges is a really shitty slog now though. I thought the heroic on Tangled Shore was bad because of asshole players, but it's got nothing on trying to complete the heroic one on Nessus. Can't solo it because you've got no angle to shoot the vex going towards the middle while you're turning it heroic, and there's literally no one else there on ps4 ever. I don't have much hope of getting a really great Blast Furnace, but I will do it at least enough to get Jotunn. If that drops before the RNG stuff though... meh.