Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Heard Bad Juju is in game now... not sure of details as I am at work

Patch notes:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just got it, pretty easy solo.

seems like they are trying to drain all of your currencies before the new exp pack.

Now to get the masterwok gonna take some grindage.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah, I am definitely a bit concerned about burning out due to how long it's likely to take to complete the two pinnacles without being able to cheese them. I'd suck it up and drag out my headset if I thought I might get it done by looking on r/fireteams or whatever, but I haven't looked into that yet.
Can't really cheese Loaded Question, the first two steps will be done long before the 40 strikes. Wendigo you can easily find a group to cheese with.

I tried switching my hunter to Orpheus Rig instead of the arc build I normally use, didn't help though. I hate missing a super shot, which happens way too often on console. And neither top tree nor bottom tree (minus the last perk no one takes, still) felt very strong in the stuff I do anyway.
Wow, people don't do that anymore. Orpheus Rig is pretty much 100% a Way of the Trapper (top tree) super, anyway. Recently nerfed to not be completely self-sufficient, but still my main class. Top tree you don't have to hit your target with the shot, just plant the trap.

I don't have much hope of getting a really great Blast Furnace, but I will do it at least enough to get Jotunn. If that drops before the RNG stuff though... meh.
Jotunn isn't that rare. I've gotten three BA exotics (2 jotunn, 1 bow) from 23 powerful weapon frame forges.

New exotic is reportedly much better than Huckleberry btw.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I was just going by the very recent guide on reddit for returning players which still says to never take the last bottom perk, and there were posts there talking about how it's shitty you still have to reroll your hunter to fix the mistake of unlocking it.

I did try both top and bottom to see if I liked either one, but I prefer Raiden Flux super much more for solo and random open world stuff. Still switching to warlock anyway, I always liked Lunafaction Boots playstyle both solo and for group stuff. And it appears I'm going to be doing quite a lot of grouping soon if I want those guns.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wendigo you just need to wait until that one nightfall strike in dreaming city is live then just dont do the strike, go into the well and keep firing up tier ones or join group already there and use fighting lion, you can do this solo. Or just run the damned strike list over and over like I did, its not too bad with fighting lion. 40 strikes seems like a ton for the loaded question but its not really that bad, you can probably knock it out in a few days if you concentrate on it. I like strikes though and dont mind spamming them over and over. Bonus you learn how to use the fighting lion too which you press the trigger and release it when you want to explode the round. takes some time to master the range and all that but it really is a powerful weapon. If you dont have fighting lion, I would not even attempt to get wendogo, lol.

Also if youre a solo PvE player you should def level up the premire solo class which is the well warlock. I also like titan with skullfort way better than huntards. Huntards IMO are a premire pvp class, thats where they shine having that quick melee and lunge plus the Z axis quick jumps. Not to mention the wallhack new void tree and also the knives which shut down other roaming supers. Oh and the gunslinger as well is also really good.

When I run my huntard in PvE its always either knives with the exotic gaunts which return your super fast, or the void bow with those boots which return your super really fast. I dont even touch the other trees in PvE.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I only have a few real options I use for hunter:

Solar:
• Six-shooter - PVP only.
• Blade Barrage - Gambit sudden death only. BB + Shards = instant super regen against primeval.
• Sharpshooter - Almost exclusively a raid loadout. Celestial Nighthawk = 1 million damage on demand.

Arc:
• Tree pick is almost completely irrelevant. Use Raiden Flux for super longevity or Liar's Handshake for overall fun.

Void:
• Way of the Trapper and Orpheus Rigs almost exclusively. Support role for add clear / orb gen. Smoke bombs are great utility to stop annoying enemy traits like warping.
• Wraith - only in PVP when I want a change and other times for farming things like catalyst kills.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, sometimes I like to use the knives middle tree with that one chest, Ophidia spathe or some shit, that refreshes your throwing knives. If its solar burn you can go the whole strike almost doing nothing but tossing out knives, its so fun. Gambit is fun as well with it on, one shots all the minors NP.

Vorph

Also if youre a solo PvE player you should def level up the premire solo class which is the well warlock.
Bah, I asked about best solo class/spec before I bought Forsaken. :p

You do mean the Lunafaction Boots setup, right? Is there a preferred tree now? Back when I used to play it you could use pretty much whatever you wanted depending on the burn or whatever.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
All classes got a new super with Forsaken and the new Warlock super people use to solo shit with. It basically a rift that heals you gives you overshiels and +dmg.

And its not really preferred anything. Lower tier PvE you can pretty much faceroll with any class and any setup and any weapon. Its just that some are better at shit than others. huntards are better at PVP than the other classes, because of their movement, dodge, quick melee. Most Destiny players have all 3 classes fully leveled up and play with all 3 depending on WTF you wanna do that day. Grind out some powerfuls with all 3, do the raid with all 3, etc, etc... Bored with your huntard? Go play some titan, bored with titan? Go play some warlock.

But strictly speaking, Warlocks and their middle sun tree with well is pretty much the most OP PvE class. It acts as a support heal plus dmg buff, and with lunafaction it even relaoads your weapons. (and no you dont need lunafaction for the OP) Plus it stacks with other buffs such as tether, or titan melting point melee, or tractor cannon. I think its something like 30% DMG buff. Plus you have your other minor well too you can spam to instantly heal you and give OS while you stand in it.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Wait, what's the ideal warlock build? I'm sure mine is terrible but anything to make me less bad is helpful.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Middle tree solar Warlock with Phoenix Protocol has never been turned away from any activity ever. Make sure to punch something while you're in your well. Lunas is needed for boss burn phases but only 1 warlock needs to be using them.

Vorph

Worth MW'ing? On paper the stats look pretty comparable to a Blast Furnace and it even has the same 4-shot burst frame.

(Slot 1 is Devil Scope D2 vs. King Dot K2 / Slot 2 is Armor-piercing Rounds vs. Ricochet Rounds.)

As an aside, what mods should I be using? Like anything for either weapons or armor that is a must-buy if Banshee has it for sale, or any other specialty ones I should be attempting to farm along with the other 9000 things I need to farm? For this gun in particular, it only has aim assist of 40 so I was thinking about putting a Targeting Adjuster on it.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Targeting Adjuster would be good. That is a damn fine weapon, use ricochet rounds though for extra range. I am not familiar with the scopes off hand. Range master work is nice, so it might be worth it. If you are doing the Ada-1 stuff, grab a Rampage Spec mod.

Fadaar

That guy
This thing has been in my secondary slot since I got it super early in Forsaken. Outlaw, Rampage, Appended Mag (48 round capacity), and Stability MW. Would have preferred Range for the MW but she's been a keeper.

1234.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Worth MW'ing? On paper the stats look pretty comparable to a Blast Furnace and it even has the same 4-shot burst frame.

View attachment 214803
(Slot 1 is Devil Scope D2 vs. King Dot K2 / Slot 2 is Armor-piercing Rounds vs. Ricochet Rounds.)

As an aside, what mods should I be using? Like anything for either weapons or armor that is a must-buy if Banshee has it for sale, or any other specialty ones I should be attempting to farm along with the other 9000 things I need to farm? For this gun in particular, it only has aim assist of 40 so I was thinking about putting a Targeting Adjuster on it.

Pretty much god roll with outlaw rampage. Congrats!

Vorph

What's the thing next to the MW on Blast Furnace?

Targeting Adjuster would be good. That is a damn fine weapon, use ricochet rounds though for extra range. I am not familiar with the scopes off hand. Range master work is nice, so it might be worth it. If you are doing the Ada-1 stuff, grab a Rampage Spec mod.
Ricochet Rounds shows as +5 range / +10 stability, armor-piercing shows as just +5 range. Still worth using ricochet over it?

The scopes are +5 zoom/+10 range/+10 handling vs. +2 zoom/+7 range/-4 handling. First one almost has too much zoom though, not sure I like it.