Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What's the deal with the third seed of light now? It seems like all the guides are outdated yet again. I did the weekly bounty and handed in the offering and the chest appeared in front of me; no portal opened and no seed. Does the portal only open on strongest curse weeks now or something?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I think you are correct, not sure which week to be certain, but that makes sense.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The portal to the Queen's Court only opens on strong curse weeks. The other two weeks you need to defeat the first encounter of LW (Kalli) to get a third seed of light.

Vorph

Any thoughts on most efficient way to get Loaded Question done?

1. All the videos out there are from when you could cheese the Scorn boss. I'm not so concerned about the strikes anyway, unless I somehow manage to find a Wendigo farm group I'm sure I'll end up doing 40+ strikes total.

2. I don't have 1KV and likely never will since it doesn't drop from the raid chests you can get to, and I have little/no interest in raiding.

3. Don't have Telesto either. I'll likely be stuck using a Y1 Main Ingredient, since that and Tarantula are the only arc fusion rifles I have. Is there an easy way to abuse Riskrunner to get the other 500 Arc kills quickly? It doesn't seem to require playlist strikes like Wendigo, so maybe some Lost Sector I could kill a bunch of Fallen (or self-damage then murder a bunch of thralls or some shit) and die to reset the room? AFAIK changing PS4 date still blocks all matchmaking(?)

Wendigo seems pretty straightforward by comparison. I'm planning to just use Fighting Lion and an Edge Transit that rolled with Quick Launch, Spike Grenades, Auto-loading Holster, and Rampage.
-----------------

Speaking of raid chests, were there any like that in the older raids that I should be looking up how to grab each week?

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You will get the arc kills way before you finish the 40 strikes. Main ingredient is a descent weapon and should do just fine. Make sure you have some armor that has Special Ammo Finder on it and go to town.

This week Will of Thousands NF has a Lost Sector that you can use that is right next to where you spawn in as well.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Main ingredient is what I used for that. You can also use the jotun too because its considered a fusion too if you ever get that to drop.

Yeah dont forget you can use nighfalls as a cheese for the strike shit, load up a nightfall and go to town on some lost sector or just random mobs and shit. I would opt to do the loaded question first because the weapon is bonkers compared to the Wendigo. I hardly use the wendigo but I use the shit out of the loaded question in shit like gambit.

Did you ever grind out the Breakneck? That thing is bonkers once the perk kicks in. Last night I did a few strikes with it because I have not used it in a while and scored 196 kills in that scorn strike. The thing is nuts. i think I used the Gallard-42 (yr 1) for the whole quest to get kills in gambit. It has rampage and its a 600 rpm AR so it felt the best in gambit.
Capture007.PNG

Sadly those are the only raid chests im aware of cheesing. Still there is some good weapons and armor you can score there like the pulse, the AR, the HC is nice too.

But like jorren said, its not the kills that is the grind its the 40 matches that takes the longest. For both the breakneck and the loaded question. Think of it this way though the grind will net you a whole bunch of purple drops you can either keep if they are good or dismantle for shards, and gunsmith parts, so its not like youre not getting anything for it. Also tokens to turn in which nets you even more purps from Zavala. Gambit also scores you with a whole bunch of random purps and if you ever reset your ranking it gives you a fully masterworked trust from that invitation ticket thing from Drifter. At least thats what I got this season.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I also used main ingredient in the LQ farm. You'll have your kills finished long before the 40 are done.

Why so against raiding? Is putting on a headset for an hour really that bad? It's 3 more people than a strike and sometimes you need to say a few things. That's about it.

In the case of Last Wish/1KV you can literally teleport to the boss, kill and open the chest in 15 minutes.

Last edited:

Vorph

I also used main ingredient in the LQ farm. You'll have your kills finished long before the 40 are done.
Well, the reason I asked was because my plan was to swap to a loadout for Wendigo as soon as I'm done with the fusion rifle kills. Then grind out the 40 strikes like that, and once they're done, either find a blind well group to cheese the rest or just cheese it solo in a lost sector or whatever. My grenade launchers are both void though, so I'd have to finish the arc kills another way. Maybe it's more efficient to just grind out the arc kills in the 40 strikes and do most/all of Wendigo the cheesy way. 6-8 hours of blind well sounds brutal though, especially having to pay close enough attention to not die and lose progress on the third progress bar.

Why so against raiding? Is putting on a headset for an hour really that bad? It's 3 more people than a strike and sometimes you need to say a few things. That's about it.

In the case of Last Wish/1KV you can literally teleport to the boss, kill and open the chest in 15 minutes.
I didn't enjoy the raids I did in Destiny. Boss fights weren't fun and I hated the jumping puzzles. That said, I don't even intend to try to do it as long as I'm on PS4, but if/when I switch to PC I will probably give it a shot. Putting on a headset is less of a hassle when I'm already sitting at my desk, and my headphones are far better than the speakers I have hooked up to the PC these days. With the PS4 it's the exact opposite, to the point where I almost don't want to make the switch. The woman renting the other half of my house is probably hoping I do though. :D Destiny is not shy about using the subwoofer, that's for sure.

Aren't the raid exotics still super rare anyway? I still remember trying to get a Vex Mythoclast in Destiny and even running all three characters I never got it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I dont really enjoy them either. I had some really, really bad experiences with LFG in D1 ( I know its my luck and RNG but from about 10-15 Kingsfall raids Ive done with LFG I never actually beat him, lol. And many of those were 3-4 hour slogfests with literal mouthbreathers. I also never had a set group of buds that played this so most experiences were LFG. So I just never bothered in D2. Besides, aside a few outliers like the heavies, there really isnt any particular gear or guns that I want from raids. In D1 at least they had some sweet shit that only came from raids.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Aren't the raid exotics still super rare anyway?
1kv is a 10% drop, Bungie revealed numbers a few months back when they increased the drop rate. I got it my first clear after. Anecdotal personal experience indicates Anarchy is probably the same. I had both before I got 10 clears. That said, there's always that guy that gets one on his first raid ever. Could be you!

Last edited:

Vorph

Can someone confirm if I've got this right regarding the tributes:

Can buy up to 5 each of the planet material ones, so at max discount that's 110 of each material. Then to get the catalyst you have to buy 24 of the ones with shards, which would cost a total of 1248. And a grand total of 528k glimmer for all of them.

(Really wish I'd seen the exploit before I placed my first one...)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Keep in mind those numbers are relative to the weapon type and not uniform across all weapons. A 100 range HC != 100 range Sniper.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Are the values randomized at all? For instance, are all "Bad Juju's" the exact same stats?

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Exotic weapons should all be identical. Armor you see different generic armor mod rolls (ie the stuff you see on purple shit) with the permanent exotic bonuses.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Are the values randomized at all? For instance, are all "Bad Juju's" the exact same stats?
A particular weapon's stats are always the same. One stat will get a boost at random, this is the masterwork stat. Perks (except for on Y1, exotics or curated weapons) are always random.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Can someone confirm if I've got this right regarding the tributes:

Can buy up to 5 each of the planet material ones, so at max discount that's 110 of each material. Then to get the catalyst you have to buy 24 of the ones with shards, which would cost a total of 1248. And a grand total of 528k glimmer for all of them.

(Really wish I'd seen the exploit before I placed my first one...)

I really did not keep track of how much it was total. I do know that the cost goes up after each buy for the tributes that have 5 parts. Numbers pulled out of thin air example: 110 for 1/5, 120 for 2/5, 130 for 3/5...

I am sure someone on reddit probably did the math, or will soon.