Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, that part will be easy, it's the 1248 shards that is pretty damn ridiculous. Even afk farming gofannon forge to get mats to sell to Spider for shards that will take an ungodly long time, and I'm not a fan of leaving a 2 year old PS4 Pro on 24/7, doubly so during the summer. I've got maybe 500-600 shards I can spare, but I don't want to be so low I can't buy shit from Xur. Still have a lot of things I need from the engram, so that's minimum 97 even on a dumpster fire week like this one was. I suppose I can get 7 or 8k datalettice without too much trouble by afk farming a few hours a day between now and when I actually hit 80% discount... can't imagine htf I'd ever do it without the cheese though.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What's the best way to farm shards? I was fortunate enough to exploit the Bad Juju. Got it mastercrafted complete yesterday.

Vorph

Go to Gofannon forge with <300 light and a ghost with Nessus Scanner, leave it running while you're at work or sleeping. You get about 100 mats an hour (maybe 125 on pc), then take those to Spider on the next day he sells shards for lettuce. (Can replace all that with EDZ if you don't have Nessus Scanner but do have EDZ Scanner, it's just annoying to run all the way out to Volundr forge.)

People who haven't been playing since release or who didn't abuse the hell out of the menagerie thing they just 'fixed' are kind of screwed since the only other way to get shards in large quantities is by dismantling trash drops. Even junking all my useless Y1 stuff didn't get me enough to coast by on and I was a hoarder back then.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh I dont even care about bad ju ju masterwork or the gun itself. I got the gun and I never even equipped it yet. I remember that POS from Destiny 1. Not worth spending all of your resources on that shit gun. Besides masterwork, from what Im hearing is only extends the curse then by like 1 sec and gives it a bit of range. Not worth the exotic slot over more powerful exotics IMO.

Like I said before clearly this is just a way for bungie to clear away the 2 yrs of stored up resources people have stowed away before the D2 yr 3 shit starts. Like for instance I think I have like 2K vanguard tokens, 1.2K crucible tokens, 2K gunsmith mats, 1500 shards, 20K bright dust, etc... No way im spending all of that for some shitty masterwork for a gun I will probably never use. Outlaw rampage blast furnace or any other 4 burst pulse, which I have all 3 of BTW are just as good if not better, imo. And to tell you the truth, I dont even use those anymore after having so many god damned god roll hand cannons. Austringer, duke 44, all of which I have with outlaw and rampage. ace, the new one that heals and buffs, the malfesence, sturm, crimson, sunshot... Not to mention even the energy slot ones... Im just in love with my hand cannons and how good they feel on the PC. Shit I even have a few full auto pulses I kept that I like If I just want to be lazy. right now im in love with my jotun. The more I use it to grind out the medals I have left for the hush quest, the more in Iove I become with it. And if I want some add clearing power, ill just pull out my breakneck and still have my exotic slot open.

Right now my go to loadout for pve is the outlaw rampage Austringer, jotun (or recluse), and the best DPS nade launcher (confirmed by datto) which is the Swarm of the Raven with spike grenades which even rolled with snapshot and rampage for me.

Im actually wondering if all that stuff like tokens, resources, will transfer over or will it be just wasted? I would rather it transfer to yr 3 so I can turn it in and hopefully score some of that new armor and weapons they will hopefully have in vanguard, crucible, gunsmith.

Also I got really lucky with the menagerie stuff for the things I wanted, I think I scored the outlaw rampage austringer on my second run. sniper rifle I dont care about, and I got my surrounded rampage HMG, and a few armor pieces. So I never really ran it to death like some people did. Im still going to run it a few times here and there to hopefully score a snapshot quickdraw sniper, but thats about it.

Last edited:

Vorph

It's a Huckleberry replacement for situations where you need more range than you can get out of a SMG. Even Outlaw/Rampage can't come close to the add-clearing potential of guns that endlessly reload themselves. I think you're underestimating Bad Juju much like Wendigo.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
It's a Huckleberry replacement for situations where you need more range than you can get out of a SMG. Even Outlaw/Rampage can't come close to the add-clearing potential of guns that endlessly reload themselves. I think you're underestimating Bad Juju much like Wendigo.

I jsut dont see those situations arise. And again, If I want pure add clearing Ill pull out my breakneck, or still use the ju-ju without the masterwork. Or where arc dmg is (thralls, new moon expansion) Ill pull out my arc conductor risk Runner which replenishes your ammo AND gives you an arc shield. Again, its not worth depleting all my mats for (or farming them for a few weeks)

And wendigo? Again watch dattos video on nade launchers. Even with its perk(endless supply of orbs on the ground) it does not out damage the swarm (because of RPM). and other things like machine guns like the Thunderlord, even if you were to DOUBLE its DPS, you still would not come close to the Raven, yeah its that good.

Last edited:

Vorph

The numbers I've seen for GLs show Wendigo beating Swarm until the 9th consecutive shot (i.e. Wendigo fires 6 buffed shots and after the third non-buffed shot Swarm pulls ahead). It's only a significant difference in raids where you have a Tractor Cannon debuff and you're just going to stand in a rift and dump your entire load of power ammo without any opportunity to get more orbs.

Moot for me either way since I would never set foot in IB to begin with, but even if I did I still think I'd be using Wendigo much more because it really shines in situations where you always have a 6 stack of buffed grenades ready. Which again for me would be practically 100% of the time I feel the need to use a GL.

Also, Wendigo allows you to pick up orbs even when you're full on super, which can be useful with the perks on class items.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
If I have heard correctly, Halls of Triumph is not going away at the end of the season. So you will have time to farm that stuff.

Also, I believe you get more Legendary shards by turning in mats to the planetary vendor (Failsafe and Devrim) for legendaries. Also you have a chance that you will get enhancement cores.

Vorph

Yeah, the hall isn't going anywhere. You just can't get the event stuff (title, emblems, seal, ship, sparrow, ???) after moments of triumph ends on 8/27, but Bad Juju and its masterwork can be gotten anytime. I gave up on all that other shit immediately after looking at the list of "triumphs" --- there's literally ONE that I have even the slightest chance of getting by the end of the event. Fortunately the ship and sparrow are hideous anyway.

IIRC Spider is 10 mats for 1 shard and it takes a lot more than 30 mats to get an engram which will turn into 3 shards.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Just gonna leave this here. You don't need Tractor for literally any spike launcher to outdo Wendigo. Nevermind the fact that you don't need to keep track of orbs, either.

Swarm is not your only option.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
IIRC Spider is 10 mats for 1 shard and it takes a lot more than 30 mats to get an engram which will turn into 3 shards.

You got me paranoid lol.

I just checked. Failsafe takes 10 mats per engram. 3 shards per dismantle, 3 gunsmith mats and a chance at a enhancement core.
Spider takes 10 mats per shard.

EDIT: Fuck, it is 10 per turn in, not per engram...

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Just gonna leave this here. You don't need Tractor for literally any spike launcher to outdo Wendigo. Nevermind the fact that you don't need to keep track of orbs, either.

View attachment 215327

Swarm is not your only option.

Yeah wendigo ended up being a disappointment for the grind. Not that its bad or anything, but it should be one of the best, like every other pinnacle weapon. I mean, shit, 40 strikes to get that thing, or just do a night of IB grinding to get a spike nade Swarm or just hand in some tokens for a Outrageous fortune.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I have 3 Outrageous Fortunes, 2 Through Fire and Flood and a Swarm all with spike 'nades. They are not rare :)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Funny story, I was grinding the shit out of last IB trying to get one of those. Didn't do the quest steps for the armor set because I didn't wanna dilute the loot pool. Finally ended up getting a Swarm toward the end and it wasn't even spike.

Turns out I had a 700 one in my vault the whole time from the previous season with spike and field prep. FML. I infused my 1kv into a fucking Bane of Sorrows for my first clear of Crown and I didn't even have to.

Always check the vault!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Im betting all this shit will be rebalanced come the new expansion anyway so just enjoy what you have now. There is definitely a few outliers now that need some toning down and a slew of weapons that def need some buffs. But you can definitely feel the power creep with some of the latest changes and guns they added in the last few seasons.

Also I got enough glory for the mountaintop, but I just cant be bothered to do all the nade launcher kills in crucible. Shit is fucking hard for a normie like me. I mean, I can get some kills here and there but getting double and triple plays with it is pretty hard.

Last edited:

Vorph

Uhhh, do I really have to do all this Black Armory shit the whole way through on all three characters? The Izanami chain is worse than some exotic weapon quests, between having to do heroic PEs solo because the areas are deserted, having to get 40 precision multikills on console, and the retarded NF-lite with extinguish on top of all that.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I did it on 2 of my characters. But that was dudring the armory shit so.. I would def do it on one just so you could grind some good shit out plus get the exotic bow and jotun. I dint really think its necessary to do it on all 3 today.

Vorph

Damn. I already had completed Gofannon on my hunter and figured I should just finish it up, plus I guess I misread something someone said a few pages back and thought it unlocked it for all. Now I really just want warlock for my main, but I don't think I have it in me to do that whole Izanami quest line again. Damn sure won't be doing it on titan either. I really just want Jotunn anyway, and for that I think I just have to take my powerful frames to Bergusia forge each week til it drops... but it looks like I can't buy more than one powerful of each weapon type per week if I don't have them unlocked on all three characters.(?)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think they way to get jotun is doing the last forge with a powerful frame, you should be doing all powerful frames at the last forge until you get jotun. so more characters, more chances, right? Just put on the riskrunner and got to town. The forge is pretty much all arc dmg. and I think I got the bow to drop there too, but cant be certain on that though, its been a while.

I think the last forge was open for all, but im not sure if the jotun will drop without doing the quest, since when I got mine, I already completed it. also some of the frames wont be available to you without opening up the other forges too, so... Its been a while and I remember when the last forge came out both my characters that I ground the quest on were pretty much current.