Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bergusia will unlock for any character that has completed a Volundr ignition. The other forges need to be unlocked manually. I only went through all four on my main and did the quest line up to Gofannon on my alts just so I could forge everything at Bergusia (which can reward any frame curated). After you unlock Bergusia there's no reason to ever go back to a different forge unless it's for a specific bounty or triumph.

Powerful frames unlock for purchase when you ignite their corresponding forge. Your alts will be relegated to only being able to purchase what they've unlocked access to.

Volundr - Ringing Nail, Hammerhead
Gofannon - Kindled Orchid, Tatara Gaze
Izanami - Blast Furnace, Spiteful Fang, Stryker's Sure-Hand

Le Monarque can come from either Gofannon or Izanami and Jotunn comes from Bergusia only. Both of them only possible when forging powerful frames.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
13 more weapon frames to complete then I'll get my Platinum Starling. Finished off the Izanagi's Burden catalyst and the forge kills for Blacksmith at Izanami. Working on Threat Level kills and the final frames at Bergusia.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I did the forge glitch overnight with my huntard. Yeah, its fucking broken, I got 600 mats, about 100/hr and thats with no ghost. So this morning I moved him to Bergusia on nessus (only ghost I had) and left him there while I work. Ill report back how many datalettuce I got.

I suggest anyone low on mats or shards do this before they patch it out, which Im sure they will. You basically go buy some green gear from anuone selling it, equip it to lower your LL,(so you dont queue with people actually wanting to run them proper and ruin their experience) then queue up for a forge and leave. Come back some hours later and profit.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I never did any Black Forge stuff beyond the first forge opening. Should I go back and do all that shit? I'm at 748 power now and not really clear on what the forges are even about. Is there a good guide on them?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I never did any Black Forge stuff beyond the first forge opening. Should I go back and do all that shit? I'm at 748 power now and not really clear on what the forges are even about. Is there a good guide on them?

I would if you have nothing else left to do, at least on one character. Just look it up online, there is tons of guides out there. I really like the hand cannon, energy slot, I like the sniper rifle, which is the high dmg one. Of course the LMG is good, then you have the jotun and the exotic bow which is good too. Plus there is a auto rifle which I would grind one out just in case they buff ARs in the future and of course the OP pulse rifle too.

The nice thing about them is once you do a powerful frame, you can keep grinding that same frame over and over pretty quick. Plus there is a chance to drop some armor too, which looks cool, IMO.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
LOL tose that cheesed the tributes will get their shit taken away.
I just read that. Those bastards! You get to keep the gun, but lose the catalyst and emote. To be honest, even with the catalyst, I'm not that impressed with Bad Juju.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I suggest anyone low on mats or shards do this before they patch it out, which Im sure they will. You basically go buy some green gear from anuone selling it, equip it to lower your LL,(so you dont queue with people actually wanting to run them proper and ruin their experience) then queue up for a forge and leave. Come back some hours later and profit.
I doubt it ever gets fixed. You can only get two types of low-value planetary mats from it and they would need to change how forges function to fix it, which I don't see them spending time on.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been doing the forge mat cheese, and it has helped with the Tribute Hall grind immensely. I blew my wad to get Bad Juju pretty quickly and then just kind of stopped until I saw the article on how to afk farm forges. Banking as much datalace and duskshards or whatever as I can, been turning them in at the planet vendors to break down old stuff for shards, and using them at Spider when able for glimmer and resource conversion.

I also finally got a really well rolled Outlaw/Rampage Blast Furnace the same day I picked up Bad Juju, awesome gun, it is definitely my luck I didn't get it until I picked up an exotic I'm plan on using consistently lol, but I finally banked the Bygone I've been abusing forever. Love the gun, but I got tired of looking at the damn thing. Juju and Le Monarque have been my standard exotics lately, with Fighting Lion or The Colony coming into rotation when I do strikes until I get the newest pinnacle quest done. Le Monarque with Oathkeeper arms (I mostly play my Hunter, but have a Warlock I enjoy almost as much) is surprisingly nasty in Crucible or PvE, otherwise I tend to run Shards of Galanor or Orpheus Rigs otherwise. Bad Juju's super energy generation pairs nicely with Galanor for keeping a steady stream of destruction reigning down from on high.

Once I finally got use to Glide jump on my Warlock, I would have switched mains, but I find myself really only ever playing using Well of Radiance which bores me after awhile. What really ticks me off is that Hunter is suppose to be the Mobility class, but I struggle to keep up with most Titans or Warlocks with Burst Glide or Catapult Jets, unless I'm using Stompeez. Triple jump is life though, and hands down the best jump ability in the game, and when I play my Warlock and walk off a ledge and instinctively hit jump to save myself, slowly floating to my death is usually enough time for me to decide I want to play my Hunter.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
So I just started a new Titan(my main is a Warlock) and used my Boost to get him to 30. That said, the Drifter and Robot guy don't have the armor boost quests/bounties that boost you to 640 and 690 respectively. Are those only available on one character? I did them on my Warlock, but I"m not sure I'm down for the grind to 750 all the way from 300 again.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can't equip anything that high light level until you're 50 anyway (except Thunderlord and whatever that event gun was called). You have to complete the story up to the start of the Dreaming City quest to get your 690 care package. You don't need to redo the menagerie intro on alts, it just dumps all the items on you at once.

Plus the moment you hit 50 all your best weapons can be equipped and count towards your light level, so you can pull out a bunch of blue leveling armor for cheap to get close to 690 even before you complete the story stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Thanks.

So I'm putzing around with this black forge exploit for mats and I only seem to be getting one kind of material(dusklight shard). What determines the material I get on each "fail" of the forge run?

Vorph

So I'm putzing around with this black forge exploit for mats and I only seem to be getting one kind of material(dusklight shard). What determines the material I get on each "fail" of the forge run?
The planet you're on, and there's only two options for forges. I do Gofannon exclusively because I have a ghost with Nessus Scanner and don't have one for EDZ. With scanner you get 4-6 mats per fail instead of just 4 every time.

And what you want to do is wait until Spider sells legendary shards for 5k glimmer and 2.5k glimmer for 5 dusklight/datalettuce, then go nuts buying up all the shards you can. (It's possible he may sell shards directly for 10 dusklight/datalettuce, but I have never seen that happen.)

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
The planet you're on, and there's only two options for forges. I do Gofannon exclusively because I have a ghost with Nessus Scanner and don't have one for EDZ. With scanner you get 4-6 mats per fail instead of just 4 every time.

And what you want to do is wait until Spider sells legendary shards for 5k glimmer and 2.5k glimmer for 5 dusklight/datalettuce, then go nuts buying up all the shards you can. (It's possible he may sell shards directly for 10 dusklight/datalettuce, but I have never seen that happen.)

Do forge - get materials - do turn-ins at vendor (devrim or failsafe) - breakdown purps - buy other materials with shards from spider - repeat until you've got a stash of everything.

source: I've finished all the tribute hall turn-ins (not bright dust, I'll do that at the 80% discount-maybe).

Vorph

How often do Devrim and Failsafe give two purples instead of just one? It's 55 mats to get an engram by turning them into Devrim or Failsafe vs. 30 mats to get 3 shards from Spider.

Last edited:

Lenas

Trump's Staff
How often do Devrim and Failsafe give two purples instead of just one?

Almost every time. You also have the possibility of getting masterworked year 1 shit from them which means enhancement cores too. You should almost exclusively be buying mats from spider for shards, not the other way around.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
You also get random shards from Failsafe and Devrim. You also get shaders which can in turn be broken down for glimmer (or if you get a legendary shader, shards).

So, Legendary Shards, Enhancement Cores, Glimmer from Devrim/Failsafe is the way to go once you have the Bad Juju catalyst. Though tbh I did not deal with Spider at all in getting legendary shards. Gonna milk it for as long as I can.