Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I just spent the 56 shards I had left after Xur on simulation seeds, got 280 of them. Turned in to Vance for 6 packages (including some seeds I already had previously).

3x single purple + shader
3x double purple + shader
23 shards

Dismantled into:
1 mod component
33 shards (6 from shaders)
18 gunsmith mats

Apparently my "almost every time" means about 50%. The small sample left me completely even on shards and +1 mod component / 18 gunsmith mats. With a larger sample size, maybe like per 10 packages, I'd expect a masterworked item which would be 5 shards / 2 cores.

Edit - Went to Devrim and turned in 440ish mats. Got double items over two thirds of turn-ins and got two masterworks + a fighting lion.

Last edited:

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any reason not to sell all my etheric spirals for shards on a day (today) when Spider is doing that conversion? Never seen any other use for them.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
I *think* there's some gear that requires spirals to upgrade. I'd keep a stash of 500 of them, and vendor the rest if you so wish. I wish there was an actual dump for Bayron Boughs though -- that isn't buying Tinctures that are always at max anyway.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
I personally hang onto spirals, they are the only ones that you might need to farm the old fashioned way.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The spirals I definitely turn in for shards when spider has the offer. I have not seen one single use for them, its like they added them in but forgot to link them to any of the armor or weapon upgrades.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I want to say that upgrade material is tied to specific armor or weapon types, so if you never think a particular mat is used, well, maybe it's tied to sidearms or something.

Except baryon boughs, 100% useless.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bayrons are used to upgrade all Reverie Dawn armor. that I know for sure, not sure on the dreaming city weapons, I would assume so, I just never paid attention. Its partially why I always preferred reverie dawn stuff because I always had a shit ton of those around from doing the stupid bounties in dreaming city trying to get powerful rewards.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Solstice of Heroes starts today. I have just under a month to get a crucible pinnacle weapon, probably Recluse, and I'll have my first title.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bros, buy the goofy sparrow for 2500 bright dust. It's like half the size of a normal one lmao

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Some guides/info on the new Solstice armor:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Is there any point to bothering with this event if there's zero chance you'll be able to upgrade the armor all the way?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Last time they had this I did it on one character but I was lower light from just returning so it gave me a boost to max. But yeah, probably not and even more so now that new expansion is redoing everything anyway (armor perks and all that shit)

I would only do this if you had nothing else to do since its a goal to grind for.

Vorph

But yeah, probably not and even more so now that new expansion is redoing everything anyway (armor perks and all that shit)
Isn't this supposed to be the first set of armor 2.0?

(Though even if it is I'm still assuming it's useless if not fully upgraded.)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Chances are they will raise the lvl cap so first blues you will find you will replace that shit with.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yeah this is kind of a weird time. Grind armor that will be obsolete in a month? And it might take you a month to grind?

Ummm m

Gonna focus on all the items I need to unlock

Vorph

Well, if you like how it looks and it really does have armor 2.0 stuff baked into it, you can always upgrade it to the new max light.

If it wasn't for the ridiculous requirements that I have less than 0% chance of ever completing I'd probably try to at least get the warlock set. Conversely, seeing how utterly at odds Bungie's idea of a good event grind is with what I personally find "reasonable" makes me seriously question my plans to get Shadowkeep at all. Especially the upgrading my PC part of it, which I didn't want to do this year anyway.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thats what I would do. Armor will be replaced, guns will come and go from being the meta. I keep most of the good ones.

Also grind cores, those are always important. Same with shards and mats and shit like that. At least pick up the 2 cheap cores per day from spidey.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Do you need to be wearing the drained armor to do the tasks attached to them?