Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
Im not sure how much forsaken is but it was def fun play through, the campaign, dreaming city, the shattered throne, the weekly challenges, the raid and the raid weapons etc... Def more than what this moon shit is, but then again im sure they will be drip feeding more of the moon content as they go too soo...

As to them reusing the assets from D1 from the moon, I know this is a no-no for some but I dont mind and I actually think they should add more of that shit to D2 from D1. Make it a fully fleshed out DESTINY universe. There was a lot of cool shit on the moon and other places in D1 and that was fucking YEARS ago. Its nostagic to those that played D1 back in the day, and its all brand new shit to those that never played D1. So to me its a win/win.

I was standing in one particular spot and was like wtf, this looks familiar. "If I go through this building there should be a left downward ramp leading to an underground area." Sure as shit, I was right.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
only if they add back ice breaker and i sit behind the cheese rock and solo it

• 1Worf

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
only if they add back ice breaker and i sit behind the cheese rock and solo it

Do you remember the time they added those snipers with armor piercing rounds that would shoot through walls? We would stand in that one room right before Phogoth and shoot him through the wall. Easiest nighfall ever if you got past the three witches. It was fucking glorious Thats when they added the shrieker to that room that would constantly spawn in every min.

But yeah, icebreaker made evrything trivial. Every nighfall had a cheese spot to sit in and snipe away, while your ammo replenishes.

Remember the archron priest or whatever, there was that one platform you could get under where nothign could hit you. Sepkis Prime had cheese spots above him in all that gometry. Valus had the crates you would hide in in the corner of the room.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Fadaar

That guy
lawl no dont think i played D1 long enough for that, pretty much only played the first few months

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yeah, the destiny 1 mini-game was trying to find/get to the cheese spot that basically every strike had

• 2Truth!

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Im not sure how much forsaken is but it was def fun play through, the campaign, dreaming city, the shattered throne, the weekly challenges, the raid and the raid weapons etc... Def more than what this moon shit is, but then again im sure they will be drip feeding more of the moon content as they go too soo...

As to them reusing the assets from D1 from the moon, I know this is a no-no for some but I dont mind and I actually think they should add more of that shit to D2 from D1. Make it a fully fleshed out DESTINY universe. There was a lot of cool shit on the moon and other places in D1 and that was fucking YEARS ago. Its nostagic to those that played D1 back in the day, and its all brand new shit to those that never played D1. So to me its a win/win.

Yeah I see that. I just don't like what I see so far and charging 35 bucks for it. Maybe my mind will change when I get through it. Right now I am just doing activities to advance the story line. Seems like there isn't much effort as their was in Forsaken. I would have had to assume they were working on this before they left Activision.

Either way though, the game play and shooting mechanics are fun as all get out. Wish they had more mission variety but I also have been B-lining these last expacs and not playing the other modes. Adventure, quests, strikes, a raid or two, patrols, etc. Lots to do yet.

khorum

Murder Apologist
So I'm doing this gambit class armor thing with the tokens wrong. I've wagered Reaper and Sentry tokens but I keep getting Titan gear only. Stuff online wasn't very helpful... just wanted to get some warlock stuff.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I see that. I just don't like what I see so far and charging 35 bucks for it. Maybe my mind will change when I get through it. Right now I am just doing activities to advance the story line. Seems like there isn't much effort as their was in Forsaken. I would have had to assume they were working on this before they left Activision.

Either way though, the game play and shooting mechanics are fun as all get out. Wish they had more mission variety but I also have been B-lining these last expacs and not playing the other modes. Adventure, quests, strikes, a raid or two, patrols, etc. Lots to do yet.

Like I said, you cannot judge this shit in the opening week. They have a tendency to drip the shit out over time now. Im betting more shit will open up once someone will beat the raid this weekend. I have a feeling all shit will break loose.

But then again im a hardcore Destiny fanboy, through the 2 games I have well over 2000 hours in this shit, so yeah, if they release new shit, I will be there with bells on to buy it. So I might not be the best judge of this stuff. Only expansion pack that I didt like was the Osiris bullshit right before Warmind. That was a huge lettdown and I think I took a break.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I'm doing this gambit class armor thing with the tokens wrong. I've wagered Reaper and Sentry tokens but I keep getting Titan gear only. Stuff online wasn't very helpful... just wanted to get some warlock stuff.

Hmm thats odd, I dont remember it ever dropping another class' armor. It might be bugged?

From what I remeber you wager the tokens in the "reckoning" not gambit prime itself. And there is like 3 tiers of it. Obv you want to do the highest tier to get the set of armor with the highest bonuses. Back when it was new the tiers were hard because of power level. Like you could not do tier 2 because you were too low and you would get spanked. Now at 750+ you could go in there and do tier 3 no problem. Well its still difficult, its jsut that youre not hampered by power anymore.

edit: Oh and as far as the armor set bonuses for prime? Well from playing around a whole bunch of prime last season to get the pinnacle bow I found the only 2 really useful ones are the invader set, which gives you a better over shield while invading, and the collector set which allows you to collect 20 motes instead of 15 max and spawn an ogre on the other side which is a pain in the ass to deal with, especially if you have a coordinated drop of 2 of those fuckers at the same time. The other sets are not as useful as those IMO.

Last edited:

khorum

Murder Apologist
I mean just the first level 900 stuff you get from wagering the first few weak motes in the Reckoning. All the gear i've gotten so far, regardless of Sentry/Invader/Reaper have been Titan Only. For example:

sentry.png

I've only done the reckoning a few times to fulfill the weekly and i've only used weak motes so far but they all seem to give Titan gear.

That guide might be outdated since they recommend ilevel thats 100 below the starting point for migrated chars (750) and they don't mention the sentry/reaper/invader/collector stuff at all.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its def bugged then because even though I never collected gear from there (didnt give a shit about prime gear) I always got gear for the character I was playing and I have all 3.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I thought bows were amazing at first but ultimately felt they weren't fast enough against larger groups of enemies. I used a dragonfly subtle calamity for a long time though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Umm WTF is going on? I logged in this afternoon and noticed my light is 791 when last night it was like 903 anyone know wtf is going on?

WTF.png

• 2WTF