Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
gah I really need a kinetic special ammo weapon worth a shit, getting some nice auto/pulse energy slot weapons but lack a high quality special primary

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Perfect Paradox, Izanagi, Witherhoard, Long Shadow, Astral Horizon, Chaperone, Bite of the Fox?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Created a new character, went to do teh first mission and got fucking destroyed. Notice all enemies are ?? and my light level is too low. One of my armor pieces didn't get leveled to 1050 like the rest. Can't do shit, have to re-create the character and hope it doesn't bug out again.

20201123205616_1.jpg

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Created a new character, went to do teh first mission and got fucking destroyed. Notice all enemies are ?? and my light level is too low. One of my armor pieces didn't get leveled to 1050 like the rest. Can't do shit, have to re-create the character and hope it doesn't bug out again.
Can you pull a higher level one from your collections?

Ladro

Anomaly

View attachment 319509
You should definitely keep that so you can AFK farm something in the future...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Perfect Paradox, Izanagi, Witherhoard, Long Shadow, Astral Horizon, Chaperone, Bite of the Fox?

Unfortunately Perfect Paradox was during a season I wasn't really playing the game. Also I should have specified legendary and not exotic. Long Shadow is alright and common, just really need a good primary shotgun. I had a badass Dust Rock Blues with 84 range, full auto + rampage but it got sunset :(. Haven't seen anything as good compared to it.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Unfortunately Perfect Paradox was during a season I wasn't really playing the game. Also I should have specified legendary and not exotic. Long Shadow is alright and common, just really need a good primary shotgun. I had a badass Dust Rock Blues with 84 range, full auto + rampage but it got sunset :(. Haven't seen anything as good compared to it.
How terrible is Hawthorne's?

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
How terrible is Hawthorne's?
Hawthorne’s and Toil definitely don’t compare to Dust Rock. I’ve been using the new Pulse in Kinetic and cycling through shotguns and others in the Energy slot. There are definitely way more options in the Energy slot than in Kinetic lol.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
While I'm still enjoying my time in the game right now I don't understand how they keep going so wrong.

D1 Year 3 was incredible. The strikes were good and challenging at all light levels. Each strike having it's own weapon drop that kept you chasing rolls was great and kept you playing. The strikes were also very fun. Why are they unable to duplicate this?

D2 you have most of the strikes removed, no weapons to really chase. There are almost no enemies in the strikes and they are considerably dumber ai, or you get the ordeal which is one fucking mission rather than a playlist with bullet sponge enemies. Couple that with some insane balance issues, for example the sunshot basically has unlimited ammo as an exotic. You get a sniper or lord of wolves and you run out in seconds then none drops the rest of the run.

Is it just high turnover at Bungie or what? Do they even play their own game? If you're worried about exotics being too powerful then make enemies tougher (Not bullet sponges). Hell, look at the Taken in D1. Those fuckers would split like 20 times and port all over the god damn place. Now they split like once and maybe port once or twice. Minotaurs used to bum rush you and try to get behind you while hobogoblins would be shitting all over you if you peaked in the wrong spot. All that's gone. I just don't get it.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
While I'm still enjoying my time in the game right now I don't understand how they keep going so wrong.

D1 Year 3 was incredible. The strikes were good and challenging at all light levels. Each strike having it's own weapon drop that kept you chasing rolls was great and kept you playing. The strikes were also very fun. Why are they unable to duplicate this?

D2 you have most of the strikes removed, no weapons to really chase. There are almost no enemies in the strikes and they are considerably dumber ai, or you get the ordeal which is one fucking mission rather than a playlist with bullet sponge enemies. Couple that with some insane balance issues, for example the sunshot basically has unlimited ammo as an exotic. You get a sniper or lord of wolves and you run out in seconds then none drops the rest of the run.

Is it just high turnover at Bungie or what? Do they even play their own game? If you're worried about exotics being too powerful then make enemies tougher (Not bullet sponges). Hell, look at the Taken in D1. Those fuckers would split like 20 times and port all over the god damn place. Now they split like once and maybe port once or twice. Minotaurs used to bum rush you and try to get behind you while hobogoblins would be shitting all over you if you peaked in the wrong spot. All that's gone. I just don't get it.

Like I said in the before, Luke Smith needs to go bye bye and give someone else a chance to lead the team with some fresh ideas. Entire year 1 of D2 was a bust because of his ideas. Then they spent the rest of the Yr1 to fix D2 to be somewhat close to D1 levels, with the move fast patch, they fixed crucible to be 6v6 instead of 4v4, shit like that it took them a whole year to fix. Oh yeah and adding back random rolls. Imagine how boring this game was with same weapons dropping time and time again, same rolls. They even had snipers and shot guns heavy ammo only. So everyone ran around with 2 primaries for a whole year.

I really loved the idea of seasonal pinnacle weapons like they had for a few seasons there. OK, maybe they were a bit OP, but it gave you some shit to grind for. like the Breakneck, delirium, Recluse,etc... We need some fo that shit back. And yeah strike loot like in D1 was awesome. I remember grinding the shit out of some strikes like Omnigoul to get that 560 pulse that was the meta during end of Taken King. Then that one 140 hand cannon in theat vex strike I ground the shit out of too. Never got a good one to drop, but a few decent ones. They even had some ornament pieces like the hunter cloaks with fur on them? Remember that shit? In the Tanix strike?The one TTK strike that was dropping that unique titan helmet?

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The game died when they decided at d2 launch to change nightfalls from challenging content where death resets the run but you can grind it hard for as long as needed to complete, and the challenge was burns and mods

instead they made it a race to finish in under 15 when d2 launched fo then be based on speed and score.
The challenge should be the content. Not how fast you can finish. And most of the time the strikes don’t even have enough possible points to get over 100k without being at the max level. You should be able to obtain pinnacle nightfall gear solo if you want

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
yeah D1 nightfall were something. I rememebr soloing a few but with cheese spots. And yeah, everyone was blackout so when you all died, back to orbit you went. even simple screen, like the reward screens being different in D1, made a difference. At the end of match you would see everyone's name and the rewards would pop up, something psychological about that, like gambling. Simple shit like that made D1 a vastly superior game to D2. even if D2 runs way better and is on PC now.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Couple that with some insane balance issues, for example the sunshot basically has unlimited ammo as an exotic. You get a sniper or lord of wolves and you run out in seconds then none drops the rest of the run.

Sometimes I feel like I'm playing a different game than the rest of you. You know you can get special ammo on demand?

Meanwhile y'all lamenting about the D1 nightfall glory days talking about how hard they were, when we have harder nightfalls in the game today.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They aren’t harder. They just have bullet sponges meant to speed bump you on a speed run. It’s not harder. And if you wipe once you are shot, but it lets you finish or bail. And if you are going to 100k you just bail.

• 1Solidarity

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Remember the weeks where the nightfalls was great because of burns? Some weeks it worked out your build could melt the whole damn thing. But if you slipped up once a boomer would end you.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They aren’t harder. They just have bullet sponges meant to speed bump you on a speed run. It’s not harder. And if you wipe once you are shot, but it lets you finish or bail. And if you are going to 100k you just bail.
Oh okay so you're running the low level NF's and not the actual hard ones got it

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Remember the weeks where the nightfalls was great because of burns? Some weeks it worked out your build could melt the whole damn thing. But if you slipped up once a boomer would end you.
Solar burn with icebreaker was always one of my favorites. I miss the older style too with safe spots, lots of cheeses, and slower pacing. Now it’s all constant movement, no safe spots, and chaos.