Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So I tried out rocking the armor mod that does unstoppable shotguns and seemed like a good idea until I was trying to shotty an ogre

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I tried out rocking the armor mod that does unstoppable shotguns and seemed like a good idea until I was trying to shotty an ogre
We did a legend run last night and it was amazing. It felt like D1 heroic dungeons in difficulty. They should have this level of difficulty on the playlist as an option.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
We did a legend run last night and it was amazing. It felt like D1 heroic dungeons in difficulty. They should have this level of difficulty on the playlist as an option.

They do, just with no matchmaking. and also they added the solo master/legendary lost sectors too which is cool.

Those armor mods stack, and if you use 2 different ones they are even more effective since if you stack 2 of the same they do stack but get diminishing effects. If you want to go toe to toe with ogres and bosses while swording them to death, or with a shotty, apply a "melee" mod with a "concussive" in the chest and it decreases the stomp dmg by some 50%+ not sure the exact number but its like 54% . If you just stack 2 melee ones, it decreases it by 40% or 25% for one.

These go in the chest slots, so you will lose out possibly on some ammo type mods instead, but if you like rocking shotties and swords, these mods are for you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
BTW here is a nice concise list of all the weapon dmg bonus types and how much...

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
In those cases you basically bait them around a corner, stun as soon as you see them, then sword down since you're already in melee range.

• 1Like

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So leveling an alt has been a real shitty experience due to the fact you have to do all the damn "Born of Darkness" quests all over again. Thankfully the fragments are account-wide, but they really need to think of better ways to address ability/grenade/aspect unlocks on alt-characters. Not even thinking of doing my Titan at this rate after I finish my hunter.

Fadaar

That guy
I just run Eriana's and
So leveling an alt has been a real shitty experience due to the fact you have to do all the damn "Born of Darkness" quests all over again. Thankfully the fragments are account-wide, but they really need to think of better ways to address ability/grenade/aspect unlocks on alt-characters. Not even thinking of doing my Titan at this rate after I finish my hunter.

Yeah it’s annoying as fuck. I finished my hunter and did enough to get the first aspect and second grenade on the other two. Such a slog to do them all.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It does suck. I can understand quests for the aspects but grenades should be auto unlocks for alts.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Why would they? Iron Banner has no stakes and normal crucible has been moving along just fine.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
At the very least there are always 4 pinnacle bounties you can do x3 for 12 extra drops that week. If you don't have the armor sets you might wanna unlock them for transmog. Some IB weapons in general are good, the 120rpm HC has a nice stat package and they're pretty hot right now. Last season we had the Point of the Stag as a pursuit weapon but I don't think Bungie has said what to expect with the latest IB.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I got like 3K tokens saved up for IB turn ins.Hopefully they have some cool looking gear this time around. IB has always been one of my favorite PvP activities dating back to D1.

Here is the 2 Crimils I saved out of dozens from last season... Maybe they will drop this year with new perk pool? Hopefully.

crimils.PNG
crimils_2.PNG

I have one more I saved with snapshot and explosive but thats more for pve.

This one is really strong in PvP too, Ive had the overflow up to like 18 rounds. You never have to reload this thing if you run over bricks. Which is like the downfall with 120s, the reload...

True P.PNG

If you can get the charge of light build going with these 120s its 2 taps to the head all day long. and that true prohecy , once you get the rampage flowing youre hitting kids in the head for 120, lol. And the range on these 120s is fucking nasty since the buff.

Last edited:

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
View attachment 320745

If you can get the charge of light build going with these 120s its 2 taps to the head all day long. and that true prohecy , once you get the rampage flowing youre hitting kids in the head for 120, lol. And the range on these 120s is fucking nasty since the buff.

You haven't (at the time of this post) PvP'd at all this season, unless you count gambit. So claims that you're two tapping kids for 120s seems a little odd.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Wow you caught me you fucking stalker. Still does not discount my post.

Just because you've watched a Diaside video doesn't make you correct on the matter. It's a wonderful showcase for the If Destiny Youtubers were honest video. Seriously, watch it... all of it.

It's pretty fucking hard to even get to 3x Rampage in PvP, let alone go on a murder spree to maintain it. Set some expectations a little closer to reality.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What isn't as hard is getting a Biting Winds with swashbuckler, melee kill someone and then start 1-tapping people even through 100 resilience. Could be extra nasty in Iron Banner.

Last edited: