Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There can be one blight on the ground for AOE damage and each individual player can stack another with a direct-hit. Can't stack multiple ground puddles though.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If anybody has been on a break, this seems to be the general consensus two weeks into Season of the Chosen:

^ coming from a PVP main even

Last edited:

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Yup, I ran this tonight. So fun. Hard? Not really with a group. The puzzles are straight forward but fun. Very crazy mission. Felt like event horizon as a destiny mission. Amazingly fun.

the new exotic gun is fun as fuck too.

this along with the dungeons might be some of the best gaming you can find.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The mission is great! Bumblefucked my way through the mission with some buddies, then ran it again later for the random drop (outlaw). Only disappointing part is the 1per account drop limit. Which, I guess? I'm guessing Presage will be longer-term and that's why... also I appreciate that it was able to be launched from the director.

Speculation: Timed run for heroic/catalyst? Collectable (datapads?) seem to be sprinkled through, might be for the catalyst? There were a bunch of doors that look like they could open that didn't, so I'm interested in seeing what else they do with the space.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The mission is great! Bumblefucked my way through the mission with some buddies, then ran it again later for the random drop (outlaw). Only disappointing part is the 1per account drop limit. Which, I guess? I'm guessing Presage will be longer-term and that's why... also I appreciate that it was able to be launched from the director.

Speculation: Timed run for heroic/catalyst? Collectable (datapads?) seem to be sprinkled through, might be for the catalyst? There were a bunch of doors that look like they could open that didn't, so I'm interested in seeing what else they do with the space.

If you look at the season achievements there are entries for Heroic and Grandmaster completions so we will get harder modes eventually, and also seems like it will be an evolving story.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I wouldn't be surprised if harder difficulties had different routes through the ship like the Zero Hour mission. Did it again solo today pretty quickly, got a Moving Target roll, meh. Hardest part for the solo flawless IMO is the damn trash compactor RNG.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This season definitely has it's hooks in me. Last season I hit the major story beats and got my hawkmoon and dipped out, I don't even think I finished leveling to 100 on my season rank. Presage is a great mission, and I really really hope they do more stuff like this going forward, a lot more. Only thing that is getting to me is my god damn Xbox Elite 2 controller has fucking stick drift after a month, maybe two, and between that and all the god damn hackers in Iron Banner right now, I'm rustled as fuck.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
my god damn Xbox Elite 2 controller has fucking stick drift after a month, maybe two, and between that and all the god damn hackers in Iron Banner right now, I'm rustled as fuck.

Mine's in for repair right now, fuckin sucks. I dealt with left stick wonkiness for a while but then my right stick started to drift and the right bumper stopped registering 50% of clicks. Going back to a regular controller sucks ass.

• 1Solidarity

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Sunsetting cancelled (plus many other things):

TL;DR:
  • Witch Queen (and major DLCs) moving to early year, 2022
  • Sunsetting experiment failed. Anything not already sunset (1260 or lower) will stay. This includes Felwinters and Guillotine (to be nerfed, alongside warmind cells).
  • Power cap is shifting to only +10 per season, more with new DLC launches
  • Emotes and swords without ammo will be disabled in crucible
  • Trials rewards rebalance + solo queue option coming (eventual IB tweaks too)
  • Stasis nerfs coming to bring classes more in line with Light ones in pvp. Examples given.
  • Stasis legendary and exotic weapons will be coming
  • Vault of Glass will be launching with contest mode, will eventually have a Master difficulty and will have a world first race with specific challenges required
  • ALL future raids and dungeons will have a Master difficulty, rewarding Adept gear
  • ADA-1 is coming back and will be the vendor for transmog. You can earn materials by running bounties for her or by paying with silver.
  • Shaders will be permanent unlocks
  • Security team doubled, legal aggression against hack companies etc will continue
  • Cross play coming next year and PC players will be able to invite console players into their lobbies
Probably missing some shit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah those fuckers took away some of my favorite guns. Especially in PVP I feel lost these days, I use to have a few different load outs banked for when IB came around or I needed to burn through a Crucible quest. Now I feel like a retarded kid with a bunch of mismatched puzzle pieces, trying to smash them together while I drool on myself.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
1614283968534.png

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been pretty seriously considering switching mains from my Hunter to a Warlock. I don't do a whole lot of larger group play, but I keep feeling like Hunter just doesn't bring a whole lot of extra utility to anything, and I even feel like Titan and Warlock both solo better given the tools at their disposal. It also feels like every time Hunter gets a leg up on anything, it gets nerfed quick fast and in a hurry. The only thing keeping me on the class these days is triple jump being the best jump ability imo, and it's been difficult getting used to either of the other two because I've been Hunter main since Destiny 1 launch.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
I've been pretty seriously considering switching mains from my Hunter to a Warlock. I don't do a whole lot of larger group play, but I keep feeling like Hunter just doesn't bring a whole lot of extra utility to anything, and I even feel like Titan and Warlock both solo better given the tools at their disposal. It also feels like every time Hunter gets a leg up on anything, it gets nerfed quick fast and in a hurry. The only thing keeping me on the class these days is triple jump being the best jump ability imo, and it's been difficult getting used to either of the other two because I've been Hunter main since Destiny 1 launch.

Coming from someone that has mained Warlock since D1, don't... Atleast don't do it right now... Warlocks are probably the "weakest" of the classes currently due to the constant nerfing/"bug fixes" Warlocks have gotten over the last few months/years. Their Stasis class is pretty darn mediocre right now and it seems there is very little hope in the future (look at how long Nova Warp class has been shit due to their nerfs/"bug fixes"). Warlocks mainly bring 1 thing to the table now, that is Well. They are very good at PvP if you use top-tree Dawnblade (amazing mobility), but that been countered by the stasis Titan subclass however. I would say the only other good thing a Warlock can do is solo, but you MUST use 'Devour' to do this efficiently.

Titans I feel are the best "overall" class as they have several "builds" that work well (good boss DPS on some, good ad clearing on others, and great neutral game overall). I mainly play Hunter as I enjoy the playstyle and I feel it is a good middle-ground between Titans (neutral game) and Warlocks (solo ability w/ the group-help due to Shadowshot orb generation).

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Warlock jumping sucks, but I'm also bad at it. I'm a warlock main (just created a 2nd character at the end of last season). As LV said above, they're in a rough shape. The roaming super is fun but not really in a great spot, the melee is constantly being changed, and you feel like a carry for Well. Hunter plays well but is just taking a bit to get used to. I'll save a titan for last, though I feel like the next power levels being only +10 being great for keeping multiple characters up easily.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I enjoy hunter because I don't get pigeonholed into any roles I don't wanna play. When I'm Warlock or Titan I'm always in group support role using Well/Bubble. Which is fine, I'm fine with it, but I just feel like they don't bring much to high end PVE outside of those. Hunter I can play pretty much anything other than Arcstrider and not feel bad.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've played Warlock for a bit I believe prior to the Nova Warp nerf. I've never really played a Titan, at least not enough to say that I have. I may just need to sit down and watch some videos or try some different exotics and builds. To be honest, some of this is just from getting rick rolled in PVP a lot lately, watching Titans go on a 5+ killing spree constantly with some of their roaming supers etc. Definitely feel like I don't bring that big boom to a group like Well/Bubble does, especially since they nerfed top tree Shadowshot and Orpheus Rigs. I've watched a few videos recently of people solo running dungeons or harder quests, and most of the time they give you the basic strat for Warlock/Titan and literally tell Hunters good luck because you just don't have tools on that level a lot of times. Not saying you can't do it, but I just feel like the class lacks that Ace up its sleeve. Maybe that's a good thing, it isn't the first time I've heard Warlock/Titans complain about being Well/Bubble bitches.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Solo end game content comes down to a few things every time. Warlocks rely on Devour or Well. Titans rely on Bubble or sunspots. Hunters rely almost always on invis. Those plus warmind cells & Anarchy will get you through just about anything.