Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Bungie just started a tech blog and the first one is pretty interesting; it's about why IB bounties wouldn't progress for some people. The cause has been in the code base since D1 but conditions weren't often met for it to happen.

The AH then needs to send a message for each orb to each player's WS. In a full IB match where all players happen to be on different WS, that’s 3 * 12 = 36 incident messages generated in a single frame from a single ability activation! Remember, our callback handler queue only had 16 elements – so that single super activation would swamp the entire queue twice over, overwriting any important callback handlers that were already present.

Turns out the game is really complicated (duh). Bungie even developed their own server protocol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've come to the conclusion that I'm just a shitty Hunter and it feels bad man.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Play Trials this weekend. Play Trials this weekend. Play Trials this weekend.

3 win reward is the best 120 hand cannon in the game.

Jump off a cliff 10 games in a row for a free one. Win 3 legit for a other one. The population this weekend is on track to be the highest all season, win trading is gone and there are a ton of scrubs in the playlist right now. I went six wins in a row after work today with a beer in my hand.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I got one... I feel liek I should try for the 3 win.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This season has been my favorite in quite awhile. The story beats, Presage quest, and the general game play loops have really hit the spot for me, and I’m hoping they can keep this stride going forward, while they keep expanding on the RPG and loot elements.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Except there still isn't enough to do in this game unless you like their shifty pvp.
You can max out in a few weeks and have nothing to do but the same 6 strikes or whatever for infinity. Then the strike Playlist caps out at a low light level that you end up with one challenging strike you get to complete for a week(nightfall).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you don't like pvp yeah that's gonna suck because it's a big part of the game.

Seasonal story beats and updates to GMs have kept me interested and playing often. Trials loot has been great. Still don't have the raid rocket (or god sniper/shotty) after near 50 clears though. I've been trying to focus on armor farming for different builds with the threat of sunsetting gone.

You haven't posted here since BL dropped. Have you been playing the latest season or nah?

Last edited:

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't PVP much, though I've been hitting all the Iron Banners now that I've been playing my Warlock more. I play pretty casually, between work/wife/kid etc, I usually pump out most of my weekly bounties/playlist rewards on 2 characters and that pretty much does me in. I'll spend a solid day playing over the weekend sometimes, but I haven't finished my Stasis quest on my Warlock yet for reference. I basically haven't raided at all in Destiny 2, though I did in the first one. If I ever get more gumption about it, I'll start raiding, and doing more of the higher difficulty activities, but until then, I usually have plenty to do. This is the first time in 2 or 3 seasons that I've really put some hours into the game, I've usually just barely been knocking out my 100 seasonal levels, and then shelving the game until the next season.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
new season pass challenge is Trials wins... so there's that forced enjoyment. If I were better at pvp (or the game in general), I might enjoy it more.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
7 rounds isn't even two full games. You can get that without even trying, first games are all full of suicide cliff-jumpers these days.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been watching Youtubers solo these Grandmaster Strikes, jesus christ, I am not worthy. I remember soloing some harder stuff back in Destiny 1, cheesing geometry, sniping shit one at a time while Icebreakers ammo refreshed. I apparently need to get off my ass and do enough raids to get Anarchy unlocked, it seems to be the best exotic in the game for this kind of stuff.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't normally enjoy this type of stuff but I thought this one was actually pretty funny. Some of the edits just work.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
They outlined how the revamped games are gonna go in the TWAB and they sound like they'll be much better. Here's hoping.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
With Vault of Glass coming back, I plan on finally getting off my ass and raiding. I'm in the Getting Rekt Daily clan that I believe is still the quasi official forum clan still? Or do we have a different clan these days?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know if you can call it a forum clan. I just happen to still play and post here.