Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To this day I can not understand how anyone takes pvp in Destiny seriously. It is an inherently broken clusterfuck by design. Get in, do your matches to get pinnacle rewards, get out.
LOL, I never took any Destiny or Destiny 2 PvP seriously, shit I never took ANY PvP in ANY game seriously. Its just that I enjoyed Destiny 1 PvP, and Even Destiny 2 PvP before this freezing shit. When the season was going dead I would grind PvP, loved Iron Banner, running all 3 classes bounties in a week and grinding out some guns/gear. But now? I dont even bother with PvP. Its just not fun anymore. Its frustrating and gets on my nerves. Plus the shit meta they never change up. Dumb ass shotgun(guess which one) and hand cannon that 90% people run. Thats all you see anymore.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's been a long season, but we ain't dead yet. Bungie announced a partnership with BattleEye, finally the game is getting anti-cheat. It has some issues and it wont catch everyone but it's better than what we had yesterday which is nothing. Just the capability of auto bans mid-game will be huge.

New season going live next Tuesday and everything about it content-wise is under wraps until the next DLC reveal that morning, same as they did with Arrivals/Beyond Light which was cool.

Edit, they just released the last TWAB before the next season which includes a lot of weapon changes, including infinite primary ammo.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks like there was a leak from an advertisement launched early with season name and primary character, no surprise on either counts if you have been currentish with the story.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Second or third time the Xbox store has leaked an advertisement early. Bungie went ahead and announced the name because of it.

Anyway Mara is back!

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I skipped this entire one after playing a lot of D1. Is there a bunch of content to run through it as a single player FPS for a bit or is it pretty much multiplayer from the get go?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I skipped this entire one after playing a lot of D1. Is there a bunch of content to run through it as a single player FPS for a bit or is it pretty much multiplayer from the get go?

Depends if you want to pay for anything or not.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am not afraid of opening my wallet.

In that case, a $75 Legendary Edition will get you all three DLC's plus the current season pass. This includes campaigns for each DLC, two extra subclass for each character, exotic weapon quests etc. Content wise, I've heard newer players refer to it all at once as overwhelming. You can buy any of the three DLC's individually, but if you go that route then purchase Beyond Light, it's the most recent.

Many things in the game require teammates, but pretty much everything is match made and you don't need to communicate with anyone for the run of the mill shit. You can effectively play this game as a solo player until end game.

Regardless of which you get, I suggest waiting until Tuesday to make a purchase since it comes with a season and we're starting a new one on the 24th. Until then, just download the F2P game and dick around to see if you like the core game play. It's also possible they decide to announce Forsaken (the first DLC) as being added to the F2P lineup on Tuesday. Unlikely, but possible.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Probably a good 100-150 hours of single player goodness in D2. Not sure though a lot has changed and they revamped the noob shit a while ago and I have not played a new character. But Im sure all the story lines are still there from vanilla to the latest expansion.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Probably a good 100-150 hours of single player goodness in D2. Not sure though a lot has changed and they revamped the noob shit a while ago and I have not played a new character. But Im sure all the story lines are still there from vanilla to the latest expansion.

The original Red War campaign is gone since they vaulted content with the BL release. Forsaken to now remains intact. From what I understand the franchise can be pretty confusing for new players, bound to happen when you're jumping into a game 5 years down the line though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Mars was a good story and I enjoyed the grinds there. That was a good expansion IMO. First one done by Activision studios. I really enjoyed the big public events they had there. People were doing them all the time all they way up to recent times when they finally shelved that content. Plus it was a great way to grind out weapon bounties of all types.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I liked Destiny 2 for what it was and played all the vanilla content to completion. I stepped away for a while, come back and couldnt figure out what the fk was going on or where I needed to go or anything even remotely close to cohesive. Had to look up what I "should" be doing etc. which even then, a lot of it is disjointed and you have no idea why you're doing this or that and who or why you're talking to this or that person. Much less the bullshit tedium of having to constantly look shit up. Cant even go back to figure out what the fk you missed, which is a shame. Game needs better "on rails" suggestions than what it currently has cause its an abomination for a new or long time returning player. The combat etc. is still engaging and fun, though. So its a toss up for me personally on where I would rank it.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Second or third time the Xbox store has leaked an advertisement early. Bungie went ahead and announced the name because of it.

Anyway Mara is back!

I won't be surprised if Mara returns with a dick between her legs, because Bungie.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I liked Destiny 2 for what it was and played all the vanilla content to completion. I stepped away for a while, come back and couldnt figure out what the fk was going on or where I needed to go or anything even remotely close to cohesive. Had to look up what I "should" be doing etc. which even then, a lot of it is disjointed and you have no idea why you're doing this or that and who or why you're talking to this or that person. Much less the bullshit tedium of having to constantly look shit up. Cant even go back to figure out what the fk you missed, which is a shame. Game needs better "on rails" suggestions than what it currently has cause its an abomination for a new or long time returning player. The combat etc. is still engaging and fun, though. So its a toss up for me personally on where I would rank it.
The $60-$100/yr Season model sorta ruined the game for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The $60-$100/yr Season model sorta ruined the game for me.
huh? The latest exp pack was like $40-$45 and it included 3 seasons for free. I havent paid shit since the last exp pack. I now its not the greatest deal in gaming but if you like D2 its not bad at all. I still think this is the best feeling shooter there is.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Entire last year of content was $65 or $70 if you bought the DLC deluxe edition. Same as any yearly franchise and cheaper than an MMO sub. Big deal. Plus the story this past year is the best D2 has ever been. I could see an argument for Year 4 being the best in D2 history outside of the Last Wish raid in Y2, that was just a masterpiece.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user