Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
That reveal was something. D2 is going to be completely different next year. Not even sure where to start.

Bungie compared the campaign to Doom or Halo, said it will have an extra difficulty level scaling with how many you bring in your fireteam, with loot to match. Hive have the light and their own guardians in WQ. New dungeon or raid coming every 3 months in Y5. Bungie has a 30th anniversary pack with a free 6 person activity / paid 3 man dungeon. WQ Deluxe will have two dungeons with D1 loots. WQ will have a light subclass updated every season. Trials is gonna have solo queue and rewards based on round wins, not just the card. New first person melee glaive/gun archetype. Rotating raids, weapon crafting, etc.

I'm gonna need a summary...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah losts of infos covered there in a short amount of time...

I suppose there is a patch coming up for S15?

Edit: Supposedly season 15 starts 3PM EST

spronk

FPS noob

also a $250 collectors edition

i haven't really played in years, did the giant white ball wake up yet

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I don’t believe this game will ever have the content or hook it had in destiny 1. It’s all grinding and pvp, and the pvp is shit.

• 1Picard

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This looks like it covers everything except the announced content ya? 50% discount =D - Save 50% on Destiny 2: Legendary Edition on Steam
yes its all you need not sure if it comes with the current season so you might need to spend an extra $10 for the season, but you dont have to.

I think all players now start at 1250 power out of 1330 which is the cap right now. SO it will take you a bit to catch up, power wise. One recommendation is to make all 3 classes and play them all weekly for the powerful rewards and pinnacle rewards. They will show up on your map when you get to 1300 power I think. Or it could be a little higher now, Not sure.

Lenas Lenas can give you a link to his guild. Join it and have fun with peeps.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
yes its all you need not sure if it comes with the current season so you might need to spend an extra $10 for the season, but you dont have to.

I think all players now start at 1250 power out of 1330 which is the cap right now. SO it will take you a bit to catch up, power wise. One recommendation is to make all 3 classes and play them all weekly for the powerful rewards and pinnacle rewards. They will show up on your map when you get to 1300 power I think. Or it could be a little higher now, Not sure.

Lenas Lenas can give you a link to his guild. Join it and have fun with peeps.

I know some people dislike playing all the classes but seriously, people need to play all 3. You don't have to do the difficult stuff like 100k Nightfall, dungeons, or raids with every character but you can do the simple shit like strike playlist, exo challenge (on Europa), gambit, crucible, etc. to knock out easy pinnacles.

Speaking of which one thing I do like about the cap only going up 10 each season is you have no reason to wait til the end of the week to knock out pinnacles like when it went up by 50 every season. Just knock stuff out in whatever order you want. This is assuming you go into a season at hard cap of course.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So I put about 8 hours into this and got a little above 1200 power. The new player experience is indeed awful and separating all the hubs is so, so stupid. I did a couple of quests including a jump puzzle and a half dozen strikes etc. I will probably just work my way through the campaigns to catch up on story etc. and then worry about whatever weekly crap if I even bother. Gameplay is definitely fun and even lounging about and using a controller it feels good. Have no idea if I'm being remotely efficient but currently don't care =]

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I put about 8 hours into this and got a little above 1200 power. The new player experience is indeed awful and separating all the hubs is so, so stupid. I did a couple of quests including a jump puzzle and a half dozen strikes etc. I will probably just work my way through the campaigns to catch up on story etc. and then worry about whatever weekly crap if I even bother. Gameplay is definitely fun and even lounging about and using a controller it feels good. Have no idea if I'm being remotely efficient but currently don't care =]
You shouldnt care. Play at your own pace. Power level only matters for the end gamey suff like raids/trials of osiris/end game nighfall strikes.

Keep all the decent rolls on guns, hope some exotics drop for you. Perk tier list... Destiny 2 Damage Perk Ultimate Tier List: which perks make a "god-roll"

Do other exotic quests, look them up on net. Campaigns are good too Forsaken was awesome, Shadowkeep was decent and the newest one opens up the new darkness sub class. Definitely play through that. This season is long anyways, 180 days, so chances are you will have all 3 classes up to soft cap anyway. I think you see Amanda Holiday for the campoaign stuff thats older. Or at least its the way it was before, not sure now. Jsut look it up if not clear.

Try some PvP too, I know this games PvP is not for everybody but its fun if you dont take it seriously. Just have fun and kill peeps. KD does not matter, win/loss does not matter. Grinding the different playlists does matter since you can purchase shit from them and of course you get rewards for every level of the playlist level up.

Gambit is fun as hell too. Some people hate it, but Ive always enjoyed it. Its like a mix of PvP and PVE but you dont have to partake int he PVP if you dont want to.

Also use DIM (destiny item manager) to transfer guns and such, link it with your steam and this will allow you to bank shit, take shit out of bank, even take stuff from mail. Learn to use it, its a great tool to have on a second monitor. Just drag and drop, its great.

Last edited:

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have no idea whats a decent roll tbh. I just have been keeping the highest power crap and either equipping it or leaving it in bag while if it's a weapon I don't like. I got 2 exotics but I dismantled them along with everything else. Riskrunner and Lorentz Driver.

I did a lot of PVP in D1 but I hated it. SHOTGUN META.

Oh ya I unlocked 2 sub classes. I have been playing way of the pathfinder nightstalker. Really like the nade/smoke bomb synergy and basically get out of jail free invis while running through shit.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I have no idea whats a decent roll tbh. I just have been keeping the highest power crap and either equipping it or leaving it in bag while if it's a weapon I don't like. I got 2 exotics but I dismantled them along with everything else. Riskrunner and Lorentz Driver.

I did a lot of PVP in D1 but I hated it. SHOTGUN META.

Oh ya I unlocked 2 sub classes. I have been playing way of the pathfinder nightstalker. Really like the nade/smoke bomb synergy and basically get out of jail free invis while running through shit.
Nooooooooooooooo don't dismantle exotics! Weapons aren't "so bad" because you can pull non-random-roll exotics out of your collections, but the armor has unique stat distributions!
Also Lorentz Driver is actually REALLY fun to fuck around with (and the catalyst makes it even more fun in PVE).

You have a bank to stash stuff in, and you can use websites or the mobile app to move stuff to it while doing any content.

DIM is likely the "best" basic site: DIM
There are other sites to help, and you can buy bounties from the mobile App also

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I mean does it really matter other than for catch em all sake? They were like 1100 power so isn't that useless unless I spend whatever currencies that I assume exist to level them and make them viable?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I linked a site up above going through the good ones... Damage perks are best, followed by shit like reload/aim assist, handling , basically support perks to help etc...

S+ - One for All

S - Multi Kill Clip, Frenzy, Lasting Impression

A - Rampage, Kill Clip, Swashbuckler, Vorpal Weapon (Sniper/Slug Shotgun), Whirlwind Blade

B - Surrounded, Full Court

C - Firing Line, Explosive Payload, Timed Payload

D - Vorpal Weapon (Primary), High-Impact Reserves, Box Breathing

Those are the dmg type perks....