Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ok so perks themselves, not like actual damage/stats matter if it can be pumped up?
Stats come rolled too, but for the most part they are sameish give a few points here and there. Impact always stays the same and its detrimined by the weapon itself. Range is an important stat because its not only "range". Stability is key for shit like auto rifles and SMG. stability also affects hand cannons in that when you fire the hand cannon it returns to the same place after firing the higher the stability stat is, this goes for scout rifles as well. Stability also affects fusion rifles in that the bolts that are fired stay closer together. And handling is how heavy and cumbersome plus how fast they can be drawn and stowed. Keep in mind these stats are only comparable to like weapons. So comparing an AR to a hand cannon on these srtats is kinda misleading.

The perks is what you look for in the rolls. Also the masterwork too. See the yellow text below? That means when that weapon is masterworked the masterwork stat will get a bonus.

If you go to the DIM site it lists all the stats in number form, also reveals hidden stats that are not shown in the game... like below...

Capture014.PNG

Shit like aim assist, zoom and recoil are not shown in game.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Lenas Lenas can give you a link to his guild. Join it and have fun with peeps.

Sheesh, more activity in this thread than I'm used to - clan link: Getting Rekt Daily Clan | Bungie.net - it's open so no invite needed if anyone here wants to join. If you wanna do stuff with us we do all our communicating in Discord and the link is in the clan profile. At 80/100 members right now and I usually do some pruning of inactive players every couple of months.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Ok so perks themselves, not like actual damage/stats matter if it can be pumped up?

The base stats of a given weapon are always the same, and things like the random sights and barrels will modify those stats. So if you know a particular weapon has low range for example, you might want to look for perks like Ricochet Rounds on your drops, which add to the range stat. The base damage values of any given weapon archetype are shared. For example: the False Promises above is a high impact 360 rpm frame auto rifle. Every single auto rifle in this family will do (in PVP) 35 damage crit and 22 damage to the body for an optimal time to kill of 0.83 sec. These numbers obviously scale differently in PVE but the same is true there.

If you want to know more about weapon archetype breakdowns, you can deep dive here: Weapon Stats Spreadsheet — Destiny Massive Breakdowns

The best way IMO to look up an individual weapon along with any perk combinations you might want would be D2 Gunsmith.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For PvE shit just use what feels the best and what you like the best. It does not matter really unless its end game shit. Even for casual PvP it really does not matter.

That aside, you should get to know what perks are good and what to keep when youre grinding.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Sheesh, more activity in this thread than I'm used to - clan link: Getting Rekt Daily Clan | Bungie.net - it's open so no invite needed if anyone here wants to join. If you wanna do stuff with us we do all our communicating in Discord and the link is in the clan profile. At 80/100 members right now and I usually do some pruning of inactive players every couple of months.
Oh, that's where everyone is. Joined.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I made a new dude just to see how new player is now. It’s really awful. There are no more levels and you just have everything except the ice shit? Very uninspired.

• 1Solidarity

rieter

Molten Core Raider
So I have a character in this i havent played since the base game. Is it worth trying to find a key cheaper than the half price it is now and getting back into? i enjoyed it originally but that was way before it went f2p

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So I have a character in this i havent played since the base game. Is it worth trying to find a key cheaper than the half price it is now and getting back into? i enjoyed it originally but that was way before it went f2p

I would say log in to the f2p version and see how you feel about it. If you like it, buy the DLCs for more looting and shooting.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Destiny 1 and even the first few Expansions of Destiny 2, I just absolutely loved. After awhile though, its pretty clear they are just killing time, though. Getting Darkness powers and the content vault is I think what broke me. It's not Sword Logic, Its Soap Opera Logic: Whatever can extend the story will extend the story. And make no mistake, I don't want to PVP or high end Raid, I was here in Destiny 1 and all the way through for the story. It's been a long road but it feels like the path just gets more and more convoluted. Oh no, someone's stolen the [Blank]. [Blank Character] has returned! [Blank Villain]'s scheming never stops! On Season 15 of "The Last City Never Sleeps!"

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I made a new dude just to see how new player is now. It’s really awful. There are no more levels and you just have everything except the ice shit? Very uninspired.
You dont have everything, you have shit as a new player. This game was always about grinding gear and weapons/exotics with the best perks and stats since its D1 days. What did adding levels ever do to this game? So you leveled up to lvl 20 or whatever it was then you had to grind light/power after you reached lv 20? So what was the use of the levels? Other than being stuck in noob mode and getting green/blue useless weapons for longer? Being locked out of the actual activities that mattered because you were not lv 20. Now they made the grind the power level and there is still plenty of it since its still locked behind weekly milestones and you start some 150 power behind the cap. Also grinding out your sub class was dumb too. Not having the necessary tools like grenades/movement skills and super until you level them up? What was the use in that grind?

And what did people do to grind this shit? They did the story which only got you a part of the way then thery ginded the shit out of public events in order to level. Is this what you want to do in Destiny as a new player? Grind public events for a few weeks?

This is at its core a power fantasy game. Why would you want to spend weeks/months handicapped from your skills and levels in order to play the actual game of amassing gear and weapons?

Also they admitted that vaulting shit was wrong and they recanted. They are no longer vaulting anything.

Last edited:

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
So I haven't played the last few seasons. I just finished spamming events to get up to 1270 gear but like the third mission requires 1290 or suggests 1290 and I know how the less damage more damage taken crap works. Is there anything I can do to quickly get to 1290 or is it just going to be the weekly upgrades and any random umbral drops?

Lenas

Trump's Staff

Sign in, choose character, it'll tell you exactly what to do and in what order to maximize gains. Powerful drops are required for 1271-1320, and pinnacle drops are required for the final 10 points to hit he hard cap of 1330. I believe you also still get powerful drops for each major Glory rank in the Survival playlist.

If you are under the powerful cap (<=1319), pinnacle drops will be +4 (T1) or +5 (T2).

Last edited:

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hopped in the clan as well, pvp seems more fun than I remember, maybe because I turned off the aim smoothing which I don't think I ever did before. Only 1130 power level so I've got some grinding to do I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's their version of mouse acceleration, aiming felt terrible and floaty with it on. Had to go into a file to turn it off all the way.

• 1Like