Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It was in this file - User\AppData\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\cvars.xml

I set <cvar name="mouse_smoothing_mode" value="0" /> and <cvar name="low_latency_mode" value="0" />

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
So almost put in a full time jobs worth of time in 5 days. Obviously having fun, but I think I'm at the point where progress is slow/nil unless I do weekly wizard chores which does not interest me currently. I think I've done most of forsaken stuff and have been working on shadowkeep. Joined the clan/disc but as I've been doing the whole controller/lovesac lounge thing so I've not been active. No crashes, have run into a handful of bugged out everything where it doesn't progress even on restart (lost sectors, events etc.) which is annoying since I can't tell if I'm fucking something up or it's just bugged. I know in the case of one of the lost sectors a bunch have been reporting it broken so it's not me. I guess I should also look at what stats I should be saving and figure out a build.

asdfasdfasdf.jpg

• 2Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For huntards mobility and recovery is best, with disc coming in there too for nade cool down. As for the perk selection on gear, well thats something you will have to experiment with, shit like charged with light stuff that gives you more dmg, etc... There are the seasonal ones too which you unlock via the artifact too.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It was in this file - User\AppData\Roaming\Bungie\DestinyPC\prefs\cvars.xml

I set <cvar name="mouse_smoothing_mode" value="0" /> and <cvar name="low_latency_mode" value="0" />

This is the Nvidia Reflex setting btw.

So almost put in a full time jobs worth of time in 5 days. Obviously having fun, but I think I'm at the point where progress is slow/nil unless I do weekly wizard chores which does not interest me currently. I think I've done most of forsaken stuff and have been working on shadowkeep... I guess I should also look at what stats I should be saving and figure out a build.

Probably time to start working on some exotic quests. Since you're in Shadowkeep you can look up and start working on Xenophage and Deathbringer. Once you hit Europa you'll get started on the road to The Lament.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm kind of less focused on the whole exotic/random quest things and more into trying to complete each expansion campaign quest chain(s) first to see the world/lore. And there seems to be quite a bit especially not knowing where to go instantly while exploring and the overall "charm" of the UX being terribly unhelpful so I am not breezing through it.

I don't particularly care about/get excited about loot outside of getting what I need to complete content in any game so that type of stuff is low prio atm.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I'm kind of less focused on the whole exotic/random quest things and more into trying to complete each expansion campaign quest chain(s) first to see the world/lore.
I don't particularly care about/get excited about loot outside of getting what I need to complete content in any game so that type of stuff is low prio atm.

If your goal is just to do campaigns and rock Destiny like a solo game, yeah you can equip whatever you want and ignore the side quests. If your goal is to do all of the (end game) content then you're gonna want good weapons. The exotics I recommended are all very powerful. You will come across The Lament organically after completing the Beyond Light campaign, but the other two are easily missed.

Since you're already above the soft cap, you wont gain any significant power from the campaigns at this point. That's why I suggested doing other things until weekly reset, which is tomorrow.

Edit - I forgot some. The Dead Man's Tale exotic quest is very good; has its own destination that unlocks more lore/secrets weekly. The Wish-Ender forces you to run the Shattered Throne dungeon much like Xenophage takes you into the Pit of Heresy. The Hawkmoon quest culminates in something similar to Presage (DMT mission), but the lore isn't as cool, and it revolves around The Crow.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think I finished all of the over world campaign/story stuff/missions/arenas etc. The only things left are quests along the lines of "use an smg to kill fallen while doing a 360 kick flip - 0/30" and I haven't done any dungeon or raid. Honestly kind of surprised how short the raw campaign is as I'm pretty sure it's maybe 15-20 hours total for 4 years of content that isn't wizard chores or random world exploration.

1303 power currently and have some semblance of a build. Think I am T7 mobility/recovery, T5 int with what I have accumulated and like 200 piece of poop legendaries since my last posting I'm likely destroy. Lookin fresh too.

asdfasdfasdf.jpg

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When you want to make a specific build, use this: D2ArmorPicker

You select the stats you want, and it will go through every possible combination of gear you have to see if you can do it.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm kind of less focused on the whole exotic/random quest things and more into trying to complete each expansion campaign quest chain(s) first to see the world/lore. And there seems to be quite a bit especially not knowing where to go instantly while exploring and the overall "charm" of the UX being terribly unhelpful so I am not breezing through it.

The exotic chains can add a MASSIVE amount of lore. Lament (exotic sword on Europa) is one of the biggest reveals of NPC backstory I've seen. I don't know that the Xeno or Deathbringer questlines have a ton of extra lore, but there is a lot of extra in the story line that can be added.

Also, when Lenas talks about "endgame" it's more like "late game" and then you get into actual endgame.
Late-game being raids, Nightfalls, and PVP.
End game being Master Raid, Grand Master Nightfall, Trials, and Ranked PVP.

Do you need godrolls/exotics for endgame or late-game: No, but it helps. I know that I there are "godroll perks" that I just personally don't like. I'm not great at getting kills in PVP, so I stay away from the kill-perks and focus on other perks to enhance damage or utility (I love frenzy, can't use multi-kill clip in PVP). This is what others have been talking about, you'll find perks you like and use those.
Also, with DIM or other tools you can find some of the better loot piece combinations and create a build with multiple 100 stat builds (hard-cap on stat values, any over 100 don't increase effectiveness).

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Xeno and Deathbringer are worth doing the quests for. Both are relatively easy and extremely good weapons.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There was tons more campaign stuff before but all of it got removed when they got rid of some of the planets. There was the OG story with the Red Legion, then Mars was pretty cool and a ton of stuff to do. Probably more but im forgetting. all in all there was probably a good 50+ hrs of story in this game and thats not even including the grinds associated with them. I know Mars was pretty grindy to get the sleeper Simulant back in the day, and it yielded 2 exotics from the chain. Definitely not MMORPG standards of campaign, but then again this is not a mmorpg. I would consider this to be more of a lobby shooter with rpg elements.

Plus yeah there is a lot of hidden away stuff like some of the exotic chains which have entire zones dedicated to them. Plus the dungeons which you can try and solo if you think youre good enough, or else bring a group. I think there is like 3-4 of them now.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I thought scaterlock was too good. The first one that dropped for me, which wasnt even a good roll was a lazer beam. And frost bolt just confirmed the thing seems to have built in "under pressure", in addition to its normal perks. Not confirmed, but try it. The thing beams.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah I used the DIM loadout optimizer which I think does the same thing? I'll check out that iteration as well.

I find D2 Armor Picker to be much simpler with its interface, it seems to be faster than DIM and it automatically handles mods for you.

• 1Like

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
There was tons more campaign stuff before but all of it got removed when they got rid of some of the planets. There was the OG story with the Red Legion, then Mars was pretty cool and a ton of stuff to do. Probably more but im forgetting. all in all there was probably a good 50+ hrs of story in this game and thats not even including the grinds associated with them. I know Mars was pretty grindy to get the sleeper Simulant back in the day, and it yielded 2 exotics from the chain. Definitely not MMORPG standards of campaign, but then again this is not a mmorpg. I would consider this to be more of a lobby shooter with rpg elements.

Plus yeah there is a lot of hidden away stuff like some of the exotic chains which have entire zones dedicated to them. Plus the dungeons which you can try and solo if you think youre good enough, or else bring a group. I think there is like 3-4 of them now.
The original campaign was only briefly on Mars, that got expanded by the DLC later on, which was then removed with the latest expansion. The curse of osiris was similar on mercury, though I think mercury was new for the DLC? I can't remember.

Fadaar

That guy
The original campaign was only briefly on Mars, that got expanded by the DLC later on, which was then removed with the latest expansion. The curse of osiris was similar on mercury, though I think mercury was new for the DLC? I can't remember.

yeah Mercury was new

fucking bullshit you need all 3 expansions to access everything, friend wants to get back into the game but doesnt want to spend the money on Forsaken and Shadowkeep because its completely worthless except for a few exotics

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I do wish there were a cheaper pack that included everything, but calling the DLC's worthless is not really being honest. If the content was worthless then people wouldn't be upset about missing out on it. The entirety of Forsaken is awesome. Shadowkeep and BL less so, but they're still full expansions with exclusive raids, etc.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got 80 hours in a week and a half and I think my desire to binge wanes finally.

Will say the things it does right are fantastic, but some of the systems can eat my butt especially cumulatively as they are worse than a lot traditional mmo and arpg grinds.

Definitely going to get my dollars for witch queen when it drops though =0. Shits fun and it feels great on controller that I used one almost exclusively when normally I'd never play any FPS without m/kb.

7/10 would no life again.

• 2Like

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't played D2 since Forsaken but jumped back in recently to check things out. The experience for me as a returning player has been terribly confusing. I have had to spend more time researching the interwebz to figure shit out then playing the actual game. Their in-game explanation of what to do is godawful. Having said that it still is a fun shooter.

Sad to see that managing your vault space is still the most challenging aspect of the game. I started to clear out my vault and ran across what has been the most confusing part of the game so far. Was there a major change in weapons and mods at some point? I was clearing out dupe weapons to make room and came across several weapons that even though I had multiple copies of, some had 3 perk groups and some had 4. They would also have different mod slots available. Here is an example:

Capture.JPG

What the hell is the difference here? IS one an older copy and no longer worth keeping? I also have gotten messages in DIM on weapons like Uriels Gift that say the mods are deprecated and should be dismantled. Have certain weapons been retired and if so should I even bother holding on to them in my vault?