Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What the hell is the difference here?

What you have pictured is two versions of a weapon from different eras. On the right you have a version from year 1 with static rolls, no fourth perk and no masterwork stat. What you have on the left is after the "Weapons 2.0" update, which made weapons drop with random rolls. The right version, and anything else you have like it, is effectively useless and out of date.

Search DIM for is:sunset and it'll show you any items that have been left in the past and can't be upgraded to current levels. Feel free to delete anything you don't have a specific attachment to. If you haven't played since Forsaken it's likely everything you have is pretty useless.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Trials is now solo-queueable now. Seems like they've revamped the system in a very positive way, that makes it even better w/ the anti-cheat. Pretty stoked for this because I've never been able to nail down a consistent trials team, so this'll let us acquire the weps/armor relatively easily while solo.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You can solo queue but you still go up against teams of 3. So while sure its nice to queue up all solo youre still gonna get shit on with 3 person coordinated teams. Plus chat is fucked especially now that console players are in the mix as well. Plus they are turned off by default and no one bothers to turn it on.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Trials is now solo-queueable now. Seems like they've revamped the system in a very positive way, that makes it even better w/ the anti-cheat. Pretty stoked for this because I've never been able to nail down a consistent trials team, so this'll let us acquire the weps/armor relatively easily while solo.
I played solo all afternoon and it was great. Got dumped on a few games but when does that not happen in a pvp game? Had a great time, made some ranks, got some loot. Finished (7 wins) two cards, all solo queue, in 38 matches with a 0.99 kd. I don't think that's bad at all with zero comms.

I BELIEVE that I could now have a flawless 7 game card any given week, even with random teammates. I'll be playing it now every weekend, team or not.

Console players are only in the mix if they are in a premade with a PC player. I came across zero console players in my near 40 games today. Chat was fine for everyone that bothered to do so.

The most negative part of my day was someone on my team calling me a terrorist supporting faggot because of my BLM emblem. They had a furry avatar and a number of bans on the account though, so, ... Probably someone from here.

Last edited:
  • 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I personally think every activity in the game should have a solo queue, including raids past a few weeks or a month of exclusive group queues.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
This season isn't hooking me for whatever reason, will probably only do the basics this season, get story/exotics/farm any weapons that are nice, and call it good. Vulpecula has been my new favorite hand cannon, have an Encore/Explosive Payload role that has been a blast in PVP. None of the other weapons that I've got so far have impressed me really. Glad they brought back Shepherd's Watch, it's a surprisingly sticky sniper if you use controller, it's dirty if you can get a Moving Target/Snapshot roll.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Still waiting for the Headstone roll to drop for my Vulpecula. I am sitting on a shoot-to-loot/explosive payload one now.

Fadaar

That guy
Still waiting for the Headstone roll to drop for my Vulpecula. I am sitting on a shoot-to-loot/explosive payload one now.

I had one that was Tunnel Vision/Headstone but today upgraded to Killing Wind/Headstone. Such a nasty perk for stasis hunter.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have killing wind and headstone Vulpecula, but by far my fave this season is the Scathelocke. Got as nice threat detector/rampage roll on it. Its like a lazer bullet hose. What can I say, I just love my auto rifles, always have, especially for pve. I like the new Iron banner sidearm, Peacebond. I usually dont do the sidearm thing but I gort a rangefinder/swashbuckler roll that is nuts. The thing jsut cuts through mobs like butter.The new Forges Pledge is a nice 390 pulse from Iron Banner too got a few decent rolls that do good in the casual PvP playlists. I wish it rolled with full auto since I miss my gambit Bygones with full auto kill clip, that was by far my favorite PvP weapon for a long time. They are supposed to buff the Machine Gun heavy coming up so the 450 iron banner one should be decent too.

The new exotic today is pretty fun in PvE, supposedly the catalyst will drop from chests in the new seasonal activity starting the 21st. It should be even better with a dmg bonus. I love killing some trash with it and everything around it freezes. It makes all the stasis bounties a fucking breeze. Jsut do 1 strike with the thing on and you will be done with all of them. I also like the seasonal perks they added for fusion rifles. Finally whipping some of them out and just going ham. The new fast firing scout from gambit is also fun as hell. Have a few decent rolls on that one too.

So far this season has been fun. I like the new weekly quest shit in the new area. I like that every week some new shit opens up in old areas and its nice exploring. The new 6 man seasonal activity is meh, but what you gonna do. They all turn meh after a few weeks so whatever. Im really itching to see this Christmas shit they will pull out for their 30th celebration. I hope its more than baking cookies and shit like we have been doing for a couple of years now, lol. But the new weapons this season all feel good to shoot. Which is a huge thing since they took all of our old toys away.

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I have the headstone/rangefinder sidearm, and went with a FULL disc/grenade build for turret-warlock and it is so fun to fuck around with.

Also queueing solo for Trials was not fun. Out of 25 matches I think I won 5 of them, and got ROFL-stomped quite a few. I mean zero-kills kind of stomped against a 3 stack. Once they bring in the freelance queue for Trials, I'll be all over it.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So I just started up again and haven't played since the first season of Beyond Light. Is there any point in doing the older season artifacts like The Lure, etc or should I just focus on the new compass thing?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I just started up again and haven't played since the first season of Beyond Light. Is there any point in doing the older season artifacts like The Lure, etc or should I just focus on the new compass thing?
They all have their 3-4 weapons you can grind, plus armor, but armor is not that important. I know the lure shit had a beastly grenade launcher secondary. The one that sends a wave of energy when it hits the ground. Those are rare and really powerful in PVE. Look up the weapons from each season and see if its worth grinding for, other than the weapons and maybe some achivements I see no reason to do it. Focus on this eason and if youre bored start doing that shit I guess?

Good roll on that thing is anything with abitious assasin, which if you get a few kills with it, next reload will have 2 nades, which is OP.

Click here for seasons and expand the weapons tab to get an idea of weapons you missed out on... Keep in mind thats ALL the weapons from the season, so only a few of those relate to the quest activity. Others are shit like trials, nigfalls, iron banana..etc...

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
They all have their 3-4 weapons you can grind, plus armor, but armor is not that important. I know the lure shit had a beastly grenade launcher secondary. The one that sends a wave of energy when it hits the ground. Those are rare and really powerful in PVE. Look up the weapons from each season and see if its worth grinding for, other than the weapons and maybe some achivements I see no reason to do it. Focus on this eason and if youre bored start doing that shit I guess?

Good roll on that thing is anything with abitious assasin, which if you get a few kills with it, next reload will have 2 nades, which is OP.

Click here for seasons and expand the weapons tab to get an idea of weapons you missed out on... Keep in mind thats ALL the weapons from the season, so only a few of those relate to the quest activity. Others are shit like trials, nigfalls, iron banana..etc...

Salvager's Salvo - Destiny 2 Legendary Grenade Launcher - Possible Rolls - light.gg is where it's at. AA and chain reaction are $$$$.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Those are ok, but there is several like the one you listed. The one from the lures is just unique. I think there was one more like this but it got sunset and it was solar from season of dawn. This one here is void and it shreds through trash mobs, moreso than any other nade launcher. I have gotten over 200 kills in a strike with this thing before. Take this thing to altar of sorrow and watch it mow down mobs like none other.

Fadaar

That guy
Lol shit, I did the quest for this thing back in the day and never even used it once, lol.

Yeah SS was the legendary weapon for Season of the Chosen. Checking light.gg it's the only breach loaded grenade launcher that can roll with ambitious assassin/chain reaction so it's unique in that aspect.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont sleep on that whisper though dude. Its easier to use than normal nade launchers and one of the best for clearing trash. I saw several people use it in this seasons hard mode VOG on their streams, especially for the Templar section. Its also the easiest to use for any quests involving nade launcher kills.