Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Can someone explain to me what vaulted means? Does that mean you paid for an expansion and can no longer play it in the vein of "decreasing load times"?

More or less. The expansions tend to focus on one planet. So when they vault one they take that planet out of the game, along with all the weapons/armor/strikes/quests etc

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Can someone explain to me what vaulted means? Does that mean you paid for an expansion and can no longer play it in the vein of "decreasing load times"?

It means the content is being removed from the game. It's not about load times. It's about Bungie not being able to maintain all of it in perpetuity. This year has been great partly due to the fact that they slimmed down the game and they've been able to address issues way faster than in the past. It's also part of the story, with the Darkness taking over worlds and us losing access to them. I imagine there will be some kind of story beat that wipes out the entire location the campaign took place on. Think of it like WoW's cataclysm reset.

Plus, yeah, nobody wants Destiny to be taking up 150GB.

The campaign they are removing couldn't be replayed anyway, so hardly a loss there for anyone that's already playing, and the location they're removing is ass. I never go there unless I'm forced to.

Last edited:

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Lenas, it's literally my favorite location, you monster. I take back all the nice things and erotic texts I've ever sent you.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What's the quickest path to getting all the crap done for the Stasis class(all fragments, mods, etc)? I quit right when Stasis came out, and having come back a month or so ago, I've really only been doing current season stuff, so my Stasis class is completely gimp.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
What's the quickest path to getting all the crap done for the Stasis class(all fragments, mods, etc)? I quit right when Stasis came out, and having come back a month or so ago, I've really only been doing current season stuff, so my Stasis class is completely gimp.

Unfortunately some of it is gated and only being able to get 2 a week. So its going to take a bit to do. Pretty sure you can chain all the quest stuff for it, but getting all the mods for the subclass is just a slog at 2 a week

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Unfortunately some of it is gated and only being able to get 2 a week. So its going to take a bit to do. Pretty sure you can chain all the quest stuff for it, but getting all the mods for the subclass is just a slog at 2 a week
Yeah, that was my fear, but I'll just keep grinding along. Thanks.

Fadaar

That guy
The fragments aren't bad but yeah unless something has changed can only do two a week. Otherwise just burn through the Born In Darkness quest line as fast as you can, shit sucks. I like the hunter stasis subclass the best of the three, warlock second, and in a very distant third titan.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I know at some point they consolidated a lot of it so that progress on one character counted for all 3. I don't remember if it's the Born in Darkness quest line or the fragments though. Also way less painful after they added the second Europa drop point.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I know at some point they consolidated a lot of it so that progress on one character counted for all 3. I don't remember if it's the Born in Darkness quest line or the fragments though. Also way less painful after they added the second Europa drop point.

Its the fragments you only have to do once. i Just checked and my warlock has them all and I did them on my hunter.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Can I destroy/dismantle these old weapon mods? Are they still useful in any way?

1634927593303.png

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Get rid of em. Those are all base armor mods now; unlimited use and swappable for 500 glimmer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Interesting if this is indeed true. Didn't the laughing-stock 'Anthem' have an issue similar to this? This does kindof explain why I felt like I was getting demolished more when I went from console to PC.

Last edited:

Fadaar

That guy
Game is optimized like shit anyway. I should be monitor capped with a 3090 but I usually hover around 90-100 fps.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Something fucky going on with your system then. I capped my game at 141 and I'm almost always there with my 3070.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game is optimized like shit anyway. I should be monitor capped with a 3090 but I usually hover around 90-100 fps.
For whatever reason, they have elected to let your operating system decide your frame rate in this game. Not Nvidia control settings or anything similar. Go into windows Display Settings, advanced, find the f'n frame cap and crank that shit up to your monitors settings. I almost never even gave the game a full shot because I was limited to 30 FPS, couldnt figure out why and this game looks and plays like shit at 30 FPS. I cant recall EVER being limited by the operating system for FPS - so I never even thought about that shit before.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I've never looked at that setting until you just said something. I recently got a 144Hz monitor and ran everything at 120Hz before. It was automatically set to 143.97Hz. So, I don't know, maybe that was a "you" issue... never heard anyone else ever mention that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Still have a lot of slow game until the Feb expansion but in two days the anniversary pack drops. Gjallarhorn returns, new dungeon based on the D1 loot cave, new (free) six person activity and a big sandbox update to reign in ability spam. Should be a nice refresh while we wait for Witch Queen.