Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Fadaar

That guy
At least the update is before expansion so I can figure out which weapons are worth hanging on to

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don’t forget armor mods will no longer cost glimmer so you can save loadouts via apps like DIM. Also, they released part of the new dungeon soundtrack today. Pirates of Carribean meets classic Destiny 1 music. It’s.Awesome.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So is shatter dive finally getting the nerf stick?

Shatterdive basically won't 1-shot anyone anymore unless they're in the center of the crystal circle and get hit by every single one of them. According to the TWAB that detailed it.

Don’t forget armor mods will no longer cost glimmer so you can save loadouts via apps like DIM.

Save and share by copy/paste. So sherpas will literally be able to give people a valid builds for content a click away. Gonna make clan activities much easier.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Void knights have Citans barrier and Savathun can throw nova bombs apparently LUL

All footage from the first mission in WQ.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
How tough is it to jump back into this game? I haven't played in at least a year or so.

1639277431619.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its not hard it just takes time since all of your upgrades past a certain point are locked behind weekly lockouts on activities.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You'll be able to do whatever you like and earn upgrades until... 1270 (?) power, at which point you'll need to do weekly challenges to get upgrades to 1320. You haven't played since Beyond Light released, so there's a ton for you to do if you get the BL deluxe edition (which includes the campaign introducing stasis and 4 seasons worth of content we've had since.)

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok so it will be myself, and 3 friends going in. I feel like it was 3 man dungeons, 6 man raids.
I'll have to look into the content.
So Stasis is a subclass... is there a Meta right now in terms of Hunter Titan Warlock or are they all viable and good.

Fadaar

That guy
Ok so it will be myself, and 3 friends going in. I feel like it was 3 man dungeons, 6 man raids.
So Stasis is a subclass... is there a Meta right now in terms of Hunter Titan Warlock or are they all viable and good.

There were some pretty huge class rebalancing changes that just happened this week. As far as classes though for me? Hunter I really enjoy Stasis the most (I only play PVE since I hit 1330 Light), Warlock really all 3 subclasses are great just depends if you want single fire DPS (ie Chaos Reach/Nova Bomb) or utility like Well, and yeet-Titan is a blast (middle tree arc).

Read through this though, there's a LOT of changes that got made. Especially to cooldowns.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Removing glimmer on armor mods and making them instantly applied/removed is awesome. Looking forward to DIM and the like implementing it into their app.

Fadaar

That guy
oh shit yeah forgot about that

i need to grind the fuck out of GM's at some point, want to get armor pieces of all elements for each slot for each character. fuckton of grinding but will really be worth it when mod configs are saveable. next week is a good one since Devils Lair is fairly easy and double drops.

Fadaar

That guy
Oh also in case people didn't catch it from the patch notes -- there's a mod for pulse rifles, scouts, hand cannons, and sidearms that give it full auto. Really shines on scouts and pulses IMO. It's a pretty massive no brainer for those two types of guns.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
oh shit yeah forgot about that

i need to grind the fuck out of GM's at some point, want to get armor pieces of all elements for each slot for each character. fuckton of grinding but will really be worth it when mod configs are saveable. next week is a good one since Devils Lair is fairly easy and double drops.

You probably don't need every element for each piece. Since mods toward a certain thing are almost always the same element, you focus on that. Like if you want to do a grenade build, you're probably going to want most armor to be solar since that's where 95% of grenade mods live. Same for other elements, like most melee stuff being arc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
For PVE? Really play what you like. I think Warlocks are the jam in PVE, but I like titan the best so thats kinda my go to, but I play all 3. For PvP huntards are kinda the meta but IDK about latest patch. But if you have the gun skills all are very viable in PvP. Huntards movement has just always been more focused and tailored to PVP IMO.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I prefer Titan usually, so I'll start there and see how it goes. I like PvP mostly but I'm happy to run the PvE stuff with friends if we are gearing up

Fadaar

That guy
You probably don't need every element for each piece. Since mods toward a certain thing are almost always the same element, you focus on that. Like if you want to do a grenade build, you're probably going to want most armor to be solar since that's where 95% of grenade mods live. Same for other elements, like most melee stuff being arc.

Oh I'm well aware of how everything works, I just want the ability to do ANY combination possible. Just me being a sperg.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any tips for us on the end boss of Grasp of Avarice?
I'm running titan but not sure what spec/mods/weapons are best. We have one Titan (me), a Hunter and a Warlock. We were gonna try fusions with particle deconstruction. Does damage type matter?
I also forget how to tell what type of damage they're putting out.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Any tips for us on the end boss of Grasp of Avarice?
I'm running titan but not sure what spec/mods/weapons are best. We have one Titan (me), a Hunter and a Warlock. We were gonna try fusions with particle deconstruction. Does damage type matter?
I also forget how to tell what type of damage they're putting out.
Double arc resist on your chest will make the encounter much more survivable. Fusions and linear fusions with the mod are meta atm. A team of Cartesian Coordinates and Sleeper Simulants can one phase even the master version. Drop a well once DPS starts with a bubble behind it for the extra DPS buff and go to town. One burst with the normal fusion to ramp up particle to the max and then swap to linear. If you don't have Sleeper swap in Threaded Needle.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users