Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Double arc resist on your chest will make the encounter much more survivable. Fusions and linear fusions with the mod are meta atm. A team of Cartesian Coordinates and Sleeper Simulants can one phase even the master version. Drop a well once DPS starts with a bubble behind it for the extra DPS buff and go to town. One burst with the normal fusion to ramp up particle to the max and then swap to linear. If you don't have Sleeper swap in Threaded Needle.

Good call with the Arc resists. Ok so we each have Cartesian Coordinates. One of us like the Jotunn if that matters.
So newb questions:
Well = Well of Radiance I assume.
Bubble = Ward of Dawn
Is the idea to just stand near him behind cover, in the well and in the bubble and DPS?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I still haven't beaten GoA. Got to the final boss solo, and fairly confident I can beat him, but haven't got with a group to do a run yet. I should probably do that, so I can get Gjhjajkhsdfjasdjhforn.

Fadaar

That guy
Good call with the Arc resists. Ok so we each have Cartesian Coordinates. One of us like the Jotunn if that matters.
So newb questions:
Well = Well of Radiance I assume.
Bubble = Ward of Dawn
Is the idea to just stand near him behind cover, in the well and in the bubble and DPS?

On normal at least usually just dps from right next to the crystal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

bet the sony buyout news will get a lot of people back into destiny as well

i feel sad, i bounced off MMOs over a decade ago and now i can't even give a shit about GAAS games, soon i will be retired into mobile games the final frontier of gaming

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Weapons are finally getting numbers next to the bars for stats, so no more needs to look things up online to see true numbers. Also exotic primaries are getting a 40% damage buff. Yum

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Weapons are finally getting numbers next to the bars for stats, so no more needs to look things up online to see true numbers. Also exotic primaries are getting a 40% damage buff. Yum

You'll still need to look up recoil direction and aim assist values though. Also, that 40% buff is only vs. PvE enemies.

Fadaar

That guy
The primary exotic change is loooong overdue. The only primary exotics I use regularly are Trinity Ghoul (that catalyst is absolutely game changing for that weapon) and Hard Light when I don't feel like dealing with elemental shields and also anti-barrier, at least until the end of the season. The SMG's are pretty good, well at least the ones I have -- Riskrunner and Huckleberry. Otherwise it's usually a heavy or something like Witherhoard that's generally always useful.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
What loadouts do people here use for GM nightfalls?
I've been using Pulse or Autorifle with seasonal mod in Primary,
Ticuu's divination bow or Cartesian Coordinate Fusion in special
Threaded Needle Linear or a Rocket Launcher in heavy.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When it's a premade team usually you only need one person filling each roll, though that could get you in trouble if they die.

Barriers - Arbalest
Overloads - One of the exotic bows matching the highest frequency shields in the mission
Unstoppable - Fusion/Linear Fusion

Arbalest / non-exotic bow / Threaded Needle if you wanna be a one man army.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
When it's a premade team usually you only need one person filling each roll, though that could get you in trouble if they die.

Barriers - Arbalest
Overloads - One of the exotic bows matching the highest frequency shields in the mission
Unstoppable - Fusion/Linear Fusion

Arbalest / non-exotic bow / Threaded Needle if you wanna be a one man army.

^ the lazy man's loadout, let the other two people else bring wtfever they want for DPS. Sleeper, Gjally, etc. Can still double/triple up on Unstoppable/Particle Deconstruction with secondary non-exotic fusions too.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ok yup good that seems to be what I typically choose between. I have to work in more Arbalest.

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Pretty stoked for Witch Queen, interested to see how weapon crafting works out, and I'm a sucker for hive focused content. Hive and Cabal seem to be my favorite enemy factions, especially content wise. Vex are definitely cool from a lore perspective, but I just never seem to get drawn in by content focused around them. Taken is so so, was super cool during Taken King, but I really just consider it to be an extension of the Hive.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Think the problem with vex is they lack personality. Cabal and fallen have characters with significant speaking lines so you actually get to know them, and last few seasons we've gotten to know Savathun. Never had that kind of interaction with taken or vex enemies.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
probably gonna be unplayable tomorrow, good thing I got a nice backlog of TV and games!
For a few hours, maybe. I'm still starting work early so I can get in as much time as I can afterward. Along with the rest of the checklist stuff I even stocked up 30 trials engrams in my inventory to see if I can get a new season god roll before the first event. Never know what they're gonna put on the Summoner reprisal.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Patch/preload is up on Steam. I'll likely not even bother tomorrow during the day. Will play Horizon 2 if I can't get in!

Fadaar

That guy
For a few hours, maybe. I'm still starting work early so I can get in as much time as I can afterward. Along with the rest of the checklist stuff I even stocked up 30 trials engrams in my inventory to see if I can get a new season god roll before the first event. Never know what they're gonna put on the Summoner reprisal.

Yeah I got a full engram/mailbox on my hunter and a few saved up on the other two. Hoping to pull some new stuffs right away.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty Hyped
Same here. Between this and Elden Ring it feels like the best gaming week since maybe BoTW release.

I did see in the patch notes though that Protective Light is getting a major nerf (from 50% DR to 10%) and with orbs only generating if you put in the matching element helmet mod, its even more of a nerf since charged with light will be less common. Ouch