Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I am going to finish the raid a couple of times to experience it, but honestly I can't see myself continuing very long. Everyone seems to agree that it is better than Destiny 1, but I'm going to have to disagree.

I mean sure, the main story and quest is better, and there are a lot of quality of life improvements, but there are some major things that are just plain worse.

The strikes are much worse and take too long.

4v4 PvP is just as bad as I thought it would be.

Legendary weapons are boring. It's less than 2 weeks in and legendary engrams are useless since there is no variability in gear. No chance at getting the combo of perks you were hoping for.

Legendary armor is even more boring.

Exotics are for the most part extremely underwhelming. They all feel like slightly more powerful legendaries rather than exotics

Shader system has been covered, it's dumb. Getting the shader from Atheon was actually kinda cool, now I don't care at all about them.

Everything seems to scale with you, so getting higher power gear seems to literally just be a number going up.

Timed nightfall would be OK if it was just one potential modifier in a given week, but it's going to get old since it's every week. That coupled with bad strikes leaves it a chore.

Bugs like people not getting clan engrams and luminous engrams bugging out for some people and decrypting lower power are pretty inexcusable

And the biggest problem is still there from D1: why the fuck can't speeders accelerate when they are in the air?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I am going to finish the raid a couple of times to experience it, but honestly I can't see myself continuing very long. Everyone seems to agree that it is better than Destiny 1, but I'm going to have to disagree.

I mean sure, the main story and quest is better, and there are a lot of quality of life improvements, but there are some major things that are just plain worse.

Legendary weapons are boring. It's less than 2 weeks in and legendary engrams are useless since there is no variability in gear. No chance at getting the combo of perks you were hoping for.

Exotics are for the most part extremely underwhelming. They all feel like slightly more powerful legendaries rather than exotics

Shader system has been covered, it's dumb. Getting the shader from Atheon was actually kinda cool, now I don't care at all about them.

Everything seems to scale with you, so getting higher power gear seems to literally just be a number going up.

Timed nightfall would be OK if it was just one potential modifier in a given week, but it's going to get old since it's every week. That coupled with bad strikes leaves it a chore.

Bugs like people not getting clan engrams and luminous engrams bugging out for some people and decrypting lower power are pretty inexcusable

And the biggest problem is still there from D1: why the fuck can't speeders accelerate when they are in the air?

Meh, are you comparing D2 to week 2 D1, or yr3 D1. Because from what I remember week 2 D1 was way worse, except the PvP thing and imo VOG raid was better (more shooting, less coordination dancing). There is more to come. Yr 1 destiny was different game than yr2 and different than yr3. I also agree about strikes, I'm dying more in these strikes than ever before in d1 heroics and these are 140 power, lol. But give them some time they will adjust.

The PvP thing just takes time to adjust. Now after about 10 hours, I found my groove again and doing about the same as in D1. At least the snipe 360 no scope and shotty fags are gone. It's a primary game again, which is good

Last edited:

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Meh, are you comparing D2 to week 2 D1, or yr3 D1. Because from what I remember week 2 D1 was way worse, except the PvP thing and imo VOG raid was better (more shooting, less coordination dancing). There is more to come. Yr 1 destiny was different game than yr2 and different than yr3. I also agree about strikes, I'm dying more in these strikes than ever before in d1 heroics and these are 140 power, lol. But give them some time they will adjust.

Specifically Y1, but I think it would all apply regardless. And yeah I didn't include the parts that are better in D2, but those are mostly QoL improvements rather than core gameplay.

The leveling up experience and main story were a lot better, but that's like 8 hours. The vast majority of time in this game is endgame.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm split about the strikes, for xbox at least. I like Inverted Spire, Pyramidion and Savathun's Eye strikes, but the other two suck.

Edit: I agree about the criticism for gear being boring, I had hoped that Mods would spice things up, especially for weapons, but nope. All the weapon perk mods are only for Armor pieces, which is stupid.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah i called the gear shit a few pages back, nothing to grind for, they are all exactly the same, so once you have the legendary, it's as good as it gets. I remember grinding shit just to get that perfect roll, none of that in D2. I don't know why they changed that.

The mod thing would be even cool if the weapons and gear had more slots, and you could remove them, maybe scrapping the weapon when you do so. At least then you would have something to grind for. For weapons shit like stability, range, handling, mods. And make the mods be random, so like +2 stability, +3 stability, etc.. They dont even have to be drastic changes, just enough to have people want more. Then at least you're trying to grind for that perfect mod to put on your weapon, gear, etc... Every weapon column should have a mod slot, even the scopes.

Last edited:

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
I'm split about the strikes, for xbox at least. I like Inverted Spire, Pyramidion and Savathun's Eye strikes, but the other two suck.

Edit: I agree about the criticism for gear being boring, I had hoped that Mods would spice things up, especially for weapons, but nope. All the weapon perk mods are only for Armor pieces, which is stupid.

Couldn't agree more. Could a system get any closer to + gooder than this? There is literally no reason for items to even exist outside of picking your style of gun, and acting as some sort of arbitrary time limitation to starting the raid, nightfall, etc..... The same goes for leveling.

Personally I would've loved to see itemization like D3 or something. Feel free to keep PVP normalized, but for the love of gaming please take a fucking risk with PVE itemization.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You could pick a gear set you like and aim to have 3 versions with different mods /shrug.

I don't think strikes are bad. I ran like 5-6 yesterday and average run was around 12 minutes. I think that's appropriate; but they definitely need strike-specific loot.

Angry review guy didn't even do the raid and took the footage from a friend. Everyone that has done it says it's pretty good. I also expect that the Leviathan will be expanded on since it's so damn big.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
12 minutes? every random strike i've done definitely took much longer than that. i'd say 20+

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I never grinded purples in D1 but when getting a drop there was always a feeling of excitement about the possible mods on it. That being gone does make things very bland.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So how do you guys expect PC release to go? Lots of you guys have are saying you'll double dip, but why? Simply just the control scheme? You guys are bored with the game after 2 weeks, but you'll buy it again on PC? why?

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Factions are being added in 9 days, that's more to grind. Raid hard mode is being added in October along with Iron Banner for PVP... People know that Destiny in its current state is not the same as it will be in a year, two years, three years. Players here that are finished with everything already are nowhere near indicative of the Destiny community as a whole. Only 3% of players on PSN have completed the raid. Slightly higher, only 3.5% have completed a prestige mode Nightfall.

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So how do you guys expect PC release to go? Lots of you guys have are saying you'll double dip, but why? Simply just the control scheme? You guys are bored with the game after 2 weeks, but you'll buy it again on PC? why?

I don't think i'm going to double dip now, I didn't expect it to be this shallow. I expected more of Y3 as in shit to do. Two weeks into the game and there is nothing else to do unless you PVP?

I'm already regretting my PS4 purchase.

• 1Picard

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
I just wish raid drops were a static power level. Liked earlier raids in D1 (and drops in general) like that

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Well idk how many people will NOT say its Destiny 1.5 - I went in fully expecting it to be a fully paid DLC with some quality of life changes and a bit of a performance bump. The game is good but only sligtly better than D1 and i dont like the PVP change at all, i dont find any of the strikes fun at all - the Story is vastly improved but thats the only thing i like in the game and now its beaten.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Let's face it guys, this will never be a shooter wow with months of shit to grind for. This is nothing more than a lobby pve console shooter pseudo rpg with some pvp. I still love this fucking game. Make destiny great again.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Let's face it guys, this will never be a shooter wow with months of shit to grind for. This is nothing more than a lobby pve console shooter pseudo rpg with some pvp. I still love this fucking game. Make destiny great again.
It's not the amount of content really. I just don't like most of the mechanics changes they made like 4v4 PvP, how power level of drops is determined, no variability in gear, etc. And I don't like most of the strikes. None of which would really be fixed with more content. I mean it's still a decent game and I'll play it for awhile, I just don't like a lot of the changes they made

• 1Solidarity

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Game will provide pvp goodness for a few years.

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah the grind was real and interesting in D1 with at least the idea of getting fatebringer, atheons epilogue, building out a gear set that min/max'd certain stats for PVP, getting xur engram exotic rolls that were better than your current gear loadout, and just farming for mats and shit so you can store them for "the future". It was no doubt stupid but it was goal-oriented loot grinding.

None of that really exists in D2, your gear doesn't really matter that much and once you get an item to drop you never need to farm for it again. There are 3-4 top tier weapons to get and thats it, there is no point in PVPing without a mida in your exotic/kinetic, a prosecutor or Uriel's Gift or smg in your energy slot, and whatever in your heavy. For PVE you pretty much loadout two or three builds and thats it. You aren't gonna spend weeks farming for one item. There's nothing to farm for future either, like hoarding engrams or planetary mats or anything.

I did join a LFG pug for the raid and we only got up to the dogs, wiped a lot on the baths so the quality was pretty meh. Raid just wasn't that interesting, way too mechanics and not enough gun fights. Running around having to do DDR level coordination isn't why I play destiny, I wanna shoot guns at people.

I'm only double dipping on PC just to level chars up to 20 on both platforms so I can play whenever I want, since there is no sub fee I can jump in, play for an hour or two, then not play for days or weeks. Sometimes you just wanna grind for loot, and Diablo or Destiny or Overwatch or PUBG or a million other games can scratch that itch. Be also interesting just to see how it compares on PS4 compared to PC, the only other game I can think of I double dipped on is GTA 5 and Witcher 3 and for both I just switched to PC.