Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
also if you own the season pass you need to "buy" DLC2 for free on the PSN store to authenticate it.
Thanks for the heads up, how stupid is that?

Graviton Lance is pretty hilarious, crit kill a mob and it goes flying, explodes then axion bolts come out and blow up anything nearby. Story is short, the two "new" strikes are buffed up versions two Story missions.
Fucking bullshit, they did that like Osiris again? It's so stupid to use story missions as strikes and advertise them separately.

Last edited:

Ladro

Anomaly
Played and beat the DLC story today. Pretty dumb and took about 2 hours. I have no idea what is going on nor does it really seem to matter at all. Killed a worm god in 3 minutes so that was cool, I guess. Nothing new to do after that except chase the loot dragon some more and hope there are decent exotics from the collectible things on Mars. Totally not worth the money.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Yea, the story was stupidly short. Essentially right now it is just grind-mode for memory fragments and the...
Sleeper Simulant quest.

Datto also completed the 45 fragments and it rewards a fucking sparrow. A gosh damn sparrow from the "golden age" per the lore. What a joke...

spronk

FPS noob
if you like the hive the campaign is worth a play through, crazy short as everyone said - it feels like at the end its "chapter 1" of a proper game but nope thats it - but I enjoyed it, what little there is. There do seem some fundamentally good under the hood stuff going on but its really only halfway there, probably have to wait until sept for the next xpac for it to get to like 80% of destiny 1 taken king timeframe. New public events, adventures, maps, etc is still fun.

Only if you bought the season pass at launch though, its definitely NOT worth plunking down $15 to buy xpac 2 now. just wait until sept and get the Complete Collection or whatever for $40

the dlc does so many "just bungie" things, like things escalate from rando mini bosses and shit to "oh, time to fight a god now" and he dies like a bitch. Bungie really has no sense of momentum or build up for their story, its all just crappy sci fi tropes mashed up. still, the hive are my favorite race and the environments are suitably creepy

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the heads up, how stupid is that?

Fucking bullshit, they did that like Osiris again? It's so stupid to use story missions as strikes and advertise them separately.

Yea, I don't mind if the Story missions are strikes, as long as the strikes happen during the Story, but to play through the Story... and then see the "new" strikes as being a couple of those same Story missions is pretty lame.

Yea, the story was stupidly short. Essentially right now it is just grind-mode for memory fragments and the...
Sleeper Simulant quest.

Datto also completed the 45 fragments and it rewards a fucking sparrow. A gosh damn sparrow from the "golden age" per the lore. What a joke...

We haven't found the actual SS quest as far as I know, which probably deals with all those diamond-shaped objects you see throughout Mars

Overall, this wasn't worth paying for, but the changes to the Exotics was a really nice addition.

spronk

FPS noob
one weird thing, after the second mission i was level 27 and the third mission won't let you start until you are level 28. I guess it sorta forces you to do other stuff (public events, strikes, PVP) in between but its just weird that they break up the (short) story campaign that way

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
one weird thing, after the second mission i was level 27 and the third mission won't let you start until you are level 28. I guess it sorta forces you to do other stuff (public events, strikes, PVP) in between but its just weird that they break up the (short) story campaign that way

I pumped out PE for an hour to hit 30 then did the campaign. Was trying to maximize light level of campaign drops/campaign turn-ins to be able to hit the soft cap right away.

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Managed to pick up sleeper simulant again. Could be me, but feels more powerful than in D1. Was a pretty hard weapon to acquire when most people are light level 345. Nice to have a challenge for once. If anybody is on the quest where you need to do the 3 Escalation Protocols and wants help hit up tauntworth#1593

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Managed to pick up sleeper simulant again. Could be me, but feels more powerful than in D1. Was a pretty hard weapon to acquire when most people are light level 345. Nice to have a challenge for once. If anybody is on the quest where you need to do the 3 Escalation Protocols and wants help hit up tauntworth#1593

Nvm... Didn't realize it was from the Ikelos quest-line. Was assuming it was from doing all the diamond floating objects.

Last edited:

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
anyone have even a semi-active clan i could leach the rewards off of each week

Clan engrams only grant max of 340 Light now. So the leaching is pretty much over now...

Light level is my only issue with this DLC. As others have pointed out on Reddit, doing a 350 strike that only grants a max of 340 gear (assuming a purple) is pretty fucking stupid with the other changes they've made to light level rewards. Gear drops should scale based on activity or even possibly 'Activity Light Level' minus (-) 5. Pretty much already RNG'ing to get a legendary drop as-is, so it would still slow down the progression with the other level changes.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Clan engrams only grant max of 340 Light now. So the leaching is pretty much over now...

Light level is my only issue with this DLC. As others have pointed out on Reddit, doing a 350 strike that only grants a max of 340 gear (assuming a purple) is pretty fucking stupid with the other changes they've made to light level rewards. Gear drops should scale based on activity or even possibly 'Activity Light Level' minus (-) 5. Pretty much already RNG'ing to get a legendary drop as-is, so it would still slow down the progression with the other level changes.
Clan engrams will go beyond 340... once your base LL is 348+, or so people are saying.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Clan engrams will go beyond 340... once your base LL is 348+, or so people are saying.

Didn't know that. Still different than pre-Warmind as they do not drop at 'powerful gear' light levels like they use to. They will always be below your current LL now.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, Clan engrams are dropping higher gear for me now once I hit 353. Apparently, there is a guy on Twitch that is around 370 already.

The Escalation Protocols have been hectic and fun.

Sleeper Simulant quest.

There is a reward at 35 as well, exotic sword.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Came back a couple weeks ago or so, and been going through all the new stuff. Up to 297 LL, and just finished Curse of Osiris campaign. Time to dive into Warminds, and watch me get wrecked!

Playing on PC. Add me if anyone else is low light and wants pleb it up!

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My opinion of this DLC has changed a bit. The grind after doing the Story is pretty grindy, but its also pretty fun. Loads better than Curse of Osiris; run around doing patrols, get 4 keys to drop, combine them into a code, go find the box the code works on, get loot (chance to get a braytech engram for one of the 5 braytech/artic weapons... which are pretty nice).

spronk

FPS noob
well after 3 days i kinda feel done, but i guess satisfied. I finished the campaign on all 3 chars, started the sleeper stimulant quest on one char but it just feels so involved that i don't know if i really give a shit. All 3 are 345-350 now and the only way to progress would be raiding and milestones, and I don't really care since in Sept they'll release another xpac that will reset everything anyways.

Definitely not worth more than $5 so paying $35 for both xpacs was a rip off but I did enjoy playing for 20-30 hours this week and will probably wrap a few things up, maybe get sleeper stimulant and do the 45 nodes on mars. I saw a few hours of the raid on twitch today and it looks far beyond my competency, light level (last boss is 380), or even passing interest. i don't really understand at all why bungie has such a hard on for this calus guy, the whole cabal empire is boring as fuck

PVP can suck a fat dick, its gotten so terrible in destiny. I loved queing for games in D1 but 4v4 is just miserable and as a solo queuer all I came across were 4 team stacks that rofl stomped the pub teams. I think you can play rumble if you need to do the milestones, I only bothered doing it on one character.

i did love all the hive stuff in this DLC, the hive are my favorite destiny enemies and all the creepy underground shit is cool as fuck. love all the lore too, its unfortunate that our first glimpse of a worm god is pretty underwhelming. Some of the theorycrafting and story explanations of Sword Logic, hive, Darkness, Oryx's story, etc are pretty awesome. Too bad almost none of it is ingame.
Grimoire:Enemies/Books of Sorrow - Destinypedia, the Destiny encyclopedia

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
well after 3 days i kinda feel done, but i guess satisfied. I finished the campaign on all 3 chars, started the sleeper stimulant quest on one char but it just feels so involved that i don't know if i really give a shit. All 3 are 345-350 now and the only way to progress would be raiding and milestones, and I don't really care since in Sept they'll release another xpac that will reset everything anyways.

Definitely not worth more than $5 so paying $35 for both xpacs was a rip off but I did enjoy playing for 20-30 hours this week and will probably wrap a few things up, maybe get sleeper stimulant and do the 45 nodes on mars. I saw a few hours of the raid on twitch today and it looks far beyond my competency, light level (last boss is 380), or even passing interest. i don't really understand at all why bungie has such a hard on for this calus guy, the whole cabal empire is boring as fuck

PVP can suck a fat dick, its gotten so terrible in destiny. I loved queing for games in D1 but 4v4 is just miserable and as a solo queuer all I came across were 4 team stacks that rofl stomped the pub teams. I think you can play rumble if you need to do the milestones, I only bothered doing it on one character.

i did love all the hive stuff in this DLC, the hive are my favorite destiny enemies and all the creepy underground shit is cool as fuck. love all the lore too, its unfortunate that our first glimpse of a worm god is pretty underwhelming. Some of the theorycrafting and story explanations of Sword Logic, hive, Darkness, Oryx's story, etc are pretty awesome. Too bad almost none of it is ingame.
Grimoire:Enemies/Books of Sorrow - Destinypedia, the Destiny encyclopedia

Welp i havent had time to get back into it just yet but this kinda kills the desire to even fire it up - The first quest was terribly drag as is so if there isnt anything to look forward to i can just uninstall again