Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What are EP weapons?

Also whats the deal with that new horde mode thing(s) on Mars? I dont understand them. I did a few last night, one time actually finishing, but I didnt get jack and shit for them.

Also thanks for the Nightfall tip. Me and the kid did it last night and yeah, it was pretty easy. Of course the 270 version. Still worth the reward and powerful engram.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
What are EP weapons?

Also whats the deal with that new horde mode thing(s) on Mars? I dont understand them. I did a few last night, one time actually finishing, but I didnt get jack and shit for them.

Also thanks for the Nightfall tip. Me and the kid did it last night and yeah, it was pretty easy. Of course the 270 version. Still worth the reward and powerful engram.

Looks like Solstice of Heroes starts today, that will get you over the hump.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Looks like Solstice of Heroes starts today, that will get you over the hump.

From what I read about it is in order to get 400 shit you have to max crucible valor and do prestige raid shit. So that counts me out lol. Not necessarily the crucible part but the raid shit im definitely out.

Purple Armor (400 Power Level) -> Masterworked Armor missions

Complete Prestige Nightfall at or above bonus threshold (score)
Complete Heroic Strikes with clanmate 5
Complete Prestige Levithan
Achieve Legend Valor in Crucible
Defeat Bosses 10

Hekotat

From what I read about it is in order to get 400 shit you have to max crucible valor and do prestige raid shit. So that counts me out lol. Not necessarily the crucible part but the raid shit im definitely out.

Purple Armor (400 Power Level) -> Masterworked Armor missions

Complete Prestige Nightfall at or above bonus threshold (score)
Complete Heroic Strikes with clanmate 5
Complete Prestige Levithan
Achieve Legend Valor in Crucible
Defeat Bosses 10

I'll do some raids, nightfall and heroics. I just want to get to 350.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
One powerful engram isn't going to raise your light level enough to get your soft cap high enough to grind soft cap items. You're better off doing all the weeklies, doing leviathan and maybe EOW and then switching chars for the week.

Right, infuse blues/purples till you hit the soft cap. Open one (ex. Strikes Powerful Engram). Grind raise cap till you cannot any more, Open Crucible Powerful Engram, etc each week do them all like that. If one Powerful engram does not unlock it, try a second. It really depends on what item you get, that is why YMMV.

What are EP weapons?

Escalation Protocol, it is the horde thing. you need to collect 7 Rasputin Fragments from varius activities like Strikes. Talk to Ana and she gives you a key to unlock the final boss phase chest.

The Boss drops the EP weapons. They rotate weekly. Shotgun, Submachine Gun, Sniper then magic week has a chance to drop all 3. This week is sniper week.

EP SMG is insane in PvP. Shotgun is insane in PvE. Sniper is not bad, but DARCI and Whisper are better. It has the fact it is not exotic going for it though.

Got most of the first set of armor done, though crucible supers kills is doing me in. Whenever I pop my super everyone becomes a headshotting god...

spronk

FPS noob
I was reading this months Game Informer and it said that a third studio has been exclusively working on the fall xpac, not the main bungie team. The last DLC was the same thing, another team worked on it for a year. I wonder wtf the main bungie team has been working on now for over a year - Destiny 3 or a new game?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
There is some talk over at Reddit that they are remastering D1. Also, yeah probably D3 for sure. They fucked this one up pretty royally, and after returning a year later it seems nothing much has changed with main issues of this game, lol. (Yes im aware that some shit changed)

BTW the last DLC is pretty solid compared to the first. So there is that.

Hekotat

Dead Orbit motherfuckers!!!

IMG_20180801_143826.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Hunter was 405 as of 7am, Titan is in blues should be done by say 11pm, then Warlock tomorrow. This grind is awesome. Can't wait for Foresaken!

• 1Picard
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

PVP with a controller can eat a dick. Making that a requirement for progression is fucking stupid, if I could play with a mouse/kb it wouldn't be bad.

Come on Bungie, allow character migration on the fly for a fee.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Come on Bungie, allow character migration on the fly for a fee.

Can't agree w/ this more. Started on PC but my crew became disenfranchised early on D2's launch. Still have a few friends on Xbox and would love to go over there, but there's absolutely no fucking way I'm grinding everything again. I own D2 on both, neither PC or Xbox have exclusive shit, so it boggles my mind why this isn't a thing. Can't imagine it being a technical limitation, as it would be one DB talking to another. Gotta be some sort of dumb fine print somewhere holding this up.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Today is the y2 combat trailer. Should be interesting. I heard they are dropping TTK a smidge.

spronk

FPS noob
So has anyone done all the y1 triumph stuff? I did the intro mission, shit hits a lot harder or something because it took a while. Then I guess you get all level 200 green armor and you gotta run shit (recycled shit, nothing new) over and over to "fill up" the green armor, I guess it'll turn blue and purple if I do enough shit. PVE, PVP, doesn't look like you HAVE to raid though but you do have to do strikes and pvp.

its a neat idea and i'm sure fun for anyone who plays reg but i kinda got bored after 2 hours and really just don't wanna do anymore and it'd probably take me another 10+ hours to do it all for a single character. Its weird that I have to chuck all my armor and put on this 200 green armor. After not playing for months and having daily games of stuff like Fortnite, PUBG, COD WW2, Battlefield 1, etc Destiny no longer feels like its... relevant anymore. I had way more fun PVPing in the BO4 beta than D2. It'd be fascinating to see how the digital pre order numbers for Forsaken are doing compared to D2 and Taken King. I kinda do look forward to the release date and logging in without the xpac and seeing what exactly I can and cannot do.

Hekotat

So has anyone done all the y1 triumph stuff? I did the intro mission, shit hits a lot harder or something because it took a while. Then I guess you get all level 200 green armor and you gotta run shit (recycled shit, nothing new) over and over to "fill up" the green armor, I guess it'll turn blue and purple if I do enough shit. PVE, PVP, doesn't look like you HAVE to raid though but you do have to do strikes and pvp.

its a neat idea and i'm sure fun for anyone who plays reg but i kinda got bored after 2 hours and really just don't wanna do anymore and it'd probably take me another 10+ hours to do it all for a single character. Its weird that I have to chuck all my armor and put on this 200 green armor. After not playing for months and having daily games of stuff like Fortnite, PUBG, COD WW2, Battlefield 1, etc Destiny no longer feels like its... relevant anymore. I had way more fun PVPing in the BO4 beta than D2. It'd be fascinating to see how the digital pre order numbers for Forsaken are doing compared to D2 and Taken King. I kinda do look forward to the release date and logging in without the xpac and seeing what exactly I can and cannot do.

The grind is nuts for the SoH shit, and you have to do PVP which I absolutely hate with a controller. I didn't mind the grind so much until I got to the super kills in Crucible part. I think I played 20-30 games and got to 13% before I rage quit.

I still play the PVE with friends and I love the strikes and doing crazy shit with them, but fuck PVP.

If you're playing at all I wouldn't turn in any tokens until the 8/28 patch, they will be changing a lot of shit then prior to Forsaken.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Not even bothering with that triumph shit. Ive been trying to grind out the warmind expansion and get the exotic.

But the PvP has drastically improved over what it was before I left last time. 6v6 and while there is still a "meta" its not mida and uriels like it was for a fucking year straight. You see all kinds of shit used, at least on PC which is nice. Hand cannons, pulses, autos, and yes too many gravitron, but I dont mind it like I did before I quit with 4 people hugging each others nuts.

As for the token thing, I would not be saving them. If anything they learned their lessons in D1 and quickly squashed any of that good shit of saving for next expansion that changes everything. But I guess it would nto hurt since you probably have everything anyway.

Hekotat

Not even bothering with that triumph shit. Ive been trying to grind out the warmind expansion and get the exotic.

But the PvP has drastically improved over what it was before I left last time. 6v6 and while there is still a "meta" its not mida and uriels like it was for a fucking year straight. You see all kinds of shit used, at least on PC which is nice. Hand cannons, pulses, autos, and yes too many gravitron, but I dont mind it like I did before I quit with 4 people hugging each others nuts.

As for the token thing, I would not be saving them. If anything they learned their lessons in D1 and quickly squashed any of that good shit of saving for next expansion that changes everything. But I guess it would nto hurt since you probably have everything anyway.

Since I'm maxed out at 340 that's all I'd be getting anyways, it's just rep for those factions. I was just going to hold on to them and dump them all after the patch goes live for either better weapon perks or higher level gear.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
How are you capped at 340? Dont you do weeklies? Im hovering at about 360 on all 3 characters now.