Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man with this going to steam I kinda feel bad about Warframe, they will have to setp up their game and make engaging content and not just "Spam the player with Mobs" or the various 4-5 missions they have. Warframe has this game beat on the class and customization aspect but raiding and group content? Destiny took a book from WoW on that one and made a gunslinging theme park.

Warframe's movement is so much better than D2's though. That parkour thing they do is unlike any other game I've played. Very smooth, fast and just so much fun. Really makes it a different game in many ways. Plus it's 3rd person. And I enjoy getting new Warframes more than farming exotics in D2.

D2 definitely is my fps fix though. Also very smooth and fast. And I love the outside maps. On ultra wide settings it's kind of mind blowing how cool it looks.

Hopefully there is room in the market for both games and they are both successful.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

italica

Trakanon Raider
Should I whack my current exotics?

They are way below stats for gear and definately below armor values.

How about for weapons?

Should I basically only choose the "Highest number of the type I want"?

Armor, exotic or legendary, that is NOT part of the Armor 2.0 system, you won't want to keep long term I don't think. Maybe bank them until you're sure. Definitely not worth infusing old shit while leveling up to the soft cap at least. Exotic armor comes out of collections in it's 2.0 version, but until you actually find mods you give a shit about, they have no extra perks aside from the intrinsic. I think the stats might be higher on 2.0 versions? Not sure on that.

Pulling exotic weapons out of collections is cheaper than infusing for leveling at least. If you care about kill counters, pulling it out of collections then infusing it into an old exotic is relatively cheap while grinding power levels out.

Powerful drops are calculated on your highest possible power level, regardless of what you actually have equipped. So always save your highest pieces in every slot even if you aren't actively using them. This applies to weapons that are on other characters too. Doesn't have to be in your current characters inventory, just has to be something they can equip.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
haven't even tried to login after yesterday's downtime, is everything working?

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I was able to log in fine - logged out last night and logged in again also just fine (PS4)

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
So a quick question before i do this: For cross save I see this:

Once all of your existing connected accounts are verified, click the "Continue" button. You’ll be taken to a screen displaying your existing Destiny 2 accounts across the different platforms you currently play on. If you currently only play on one platform, there should only be one account to select. If, however, you currently play on multiple platforms, you’ll have a decision to make since Destiny 2’s cross-save only allows for one main account.

When you decide on a main account, that account’s progress will automatically override any progress or characters you had on other platforms

So let's say I make my PS Pro account my main account (Has all my progress) and I enable Cross Save. I play on PS4, it saves to my PC account as well. But what if I play with my PC account, will it over ride the main account then as well? I am assuming yes but the verbage here states a lot about only the main account will override the sub account, and not the other way around.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Man, I'm not feeling this one. It feels lackluster compared to Forsaken. To each their own I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So a quick question before i do this: For cross save I see this:

So let's say I make my PS Pro account my main account (Has all my progress) and I enable Cross Save. I play on PS4, it saves to my PC account as well. But what if I play with my PC account, will it over ride the main account then as well? I am assuming yes but the verbage here states a lot about only the main account will override the sub account, and not the other way around.
Yes, the progress you make on each platform is across all 3 platforms.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Once you pick a main account for cross save, there is no accessing the other account regardless of where you log in. Every time you sign in, you'll see the same 3 characters unless you disable cross-save. Your PC characters will continue to exist but they will be inaccessible. They don't merge nor do they overwrite one another.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok cool.

Just played PC and yeah :( Bad mistake. 104 FPS full graphics settings, but the thing that is getting me here are the load times. Holy shit. Like 900% faster than PS4 :(

spronk

FPS noob
Yeah it all just "works" once you correctly link everything, you just need to also buy the right DLCs for all the platforms. Its cross SAVE, but not cross BUY (buy once NOPE) or cross PLAY (you only play with other people from your same platform).

I have the free game currently installed on PS4, xbox, and PC. I linked them all on bungie.net and they all access my "PS4 saves", which I set as the primary save since its my oldest (only) set of characters with all the old exotics/vehicles/badges. I can login on any system, and they all access the same characters. If I get a new weapon on PC and equip it, i can login a few secs later on PS4 and it'll be the same character with the same weapon. Technically I could buy shadowkeep on PC, not buy it on ps4/xb1, get a few raid drops, and they would still work on ps4/xb1 even though I don't have the DLC, as weapons are universal. I just couldn't zone into the shadowkeep zones, do quests, etc on PS4. I'm not sure what happens if you try to login on multiple systems with the same account, I assume it blocks you.

Its really the best of all worlds (assuming you link right), the only downsides being that you have to rebuy the xpacs/seasons if you intend to split your play, and its not cross play so you can't play with your console friends on PC and vica versa. But its really nice if you play 90% of the time on PC and just wanna hop on ps4/xb1 to fuck around ocassionally, then you just can buy everything on your PC and keep the free version on consoles.

Stadia is being added to the mix in a month as well, and the pro stadia version includes all DLCs and xpacs.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Ok cool.

Just played PC and yeah :( Bad mistake. 104 FPS full graphics settings, but the thing that is getting me here are the load times. Holy shit. Like 900% faster than PS4 :(
Yeah, if you have a decent PC, it's not even comparable.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Coworker clued me in to this.

Edit: I fail at links. Go to bungie rewards page (google it)

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Go into your account via web, click your profile, click rewards. It will ask you to opt in to email ads and content updates, allow that, then click the claim for your reward.
Thanks Ut! Didnt even think that it was just going to grab my profile.

• 1Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Very underwhelmed with Shadowkeep (so far!)

I think they are going to drip feed us content for this season. Vex invasions start Saturday!

907 light, and I have the new exotic rocket launcher. Feels like I'm out of stuff to do already.

• 1Like

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Very underwhelmed with Shadowkeep (so far!)

I think they are going to drip feed us content for this season. Vex invasions start Saturday!

907 light, and I have the new exotic rocket launcher. Feels like I'm out of stuff to do already.
From their previous director's updates, it was pretty clear that they wouldn't be able to keep up with the Activision content release schedule. Probably going to be very slow in releasing content for a while.