Destiny 2 - Clan Link 1st Post

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I remember that when I was in my teens/early 20's, I'd play quake w/ this much hyper activity. I just don't have it in me these days at 36

There's a cheese possible on all 3 classes with different types of burn damage you can use to stop most add spawns in every encounter. I tried it out on my hunter today and got Gahlran to a sliver of hp after 4 phases. Thought I could commit for the kill and just barely ran out of time.

Don't know what I was doing wrong but Lament didn't work very well for me. Landed on witherhoard, mini tool and stormchaser which would have gotten it done comfortably if I didn't get greedy.

markup_2682.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tauntworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the tip. Im actually running Witherhoard + Stormchaser as well. See if I can drudge up a mini-tool this week. That incandescent perk should work well. Managed to solo second encounter. Working on Caitl & getting Caitl her to about 30% ish. Problem is I'm losing focus haha

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Started using this build and pretty much nothing matters anymore. Adds mean nothing to me. Damage is mostly irrelevant. My only enemy is wipe timers and losing focus. I even have the grave robber / incandescent SMG roll he wants to make it better.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Now I just need a titan and warlock build to copy. Titan I think I got all set but warlock escapes me. All I can think of is sun bracers for the nade spam. But huntards def got some nice shit with solar rework.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
The build crafting is definitely on point with the 3.0 overhauls so far. Need to dust off my Starfire Protocol and give this build a go, have been using Sun Bracers pretty much non stop since this season started, and need to play around some.

I tried his Colonel Mustang build, but just couldn't get it to flow for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Here is another I found that has unlimited fusions sort of like the above...

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Started using this build and pretty much nothing matters anymore. Adds mean nothing to me. Damage is mostly irrelevant. My only enemy is wipe timers and losing focus. I even have the grave robber / incandescent SMG roll he wants to make it better.

I just got one of those today, the SMG. Ive been hearing tommys matchbook is kinda baller too since the new healing mod basically overrides the dmg you take from it.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Duality Caiatl sucks. Is there a way to know which bell she will run to first? I just can’t get a consistent dps phase on her.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Duality Caiatl sucks. Is there a way to know which bell she will run to first? I just can’t get a consistent dps phase on her.

It's random every time. Best bet is to teleport yourself early - shoot a link on chain to activate large bell, then shoot a smaller bell right after. Ideally you want to have two or three dead before she even starts moving. I see a lot of people running high impact snipers because they can 1 shot the bell keepers.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looking at these builds, it's really frustrating as a returning player that there's no easy/consistent ways to get these old mods. Just have to wait and see if/when Ada sells them it seems? Missing important ones like Font of might, bountiful wells, seeking wells, etc

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
Ada and Banshee but I don't think he sells rare stuff. This game is well past needing some massive catch up mechanics, need to straight up just have all non-seasonal mods available in some form or fashion at all times.

• 1Like

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Ran into essentially this in Crucible, pretty sure I have a permanent eye twitch now. Fuckin Hunters.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know it doesn’t matter as much but where does everyone play this these days?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
T Talenvor Did you get Caiatl done?
Haha nope! I duo all the dungeons with my brother and we’ve only had a couple hours this last week to try it after our wives/kids are in bed. We finally both unlocked classy restoration, which helps a ton, but the dps window is so tight we just haven’t gotten it down quite yet. This fight has got to be the worst for dps phase + random architect deaths. Other dungeons have been relatively easy in comparison. Giving it another go tonight.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I remember the bitching the first week or so of this season how solar sucks..its not good like void was, the mods suck the builds suck...blah blah. It was all over reddit, post after post. After a few weeks when some builds came to fruition it was pretty apparent how OP solar is. Builds that literally make you undying all to but the very top content. Shit around you just burns and explodes. While I have not done any maths or anything like that DPS on bosses seems crazy. Skills hitting for 1/2 to 3/4 what a rocket hits for, then the singe on top of this..etc... I think this is why they upped the stakes on the new dungeon and made it harder.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Caiatl down! For whatever reason I couldn’t get any dps going on her with fusion grenades, whitherhoard, and starfire protocol. Dunno if I was too far from the bell for the dps buff or what. Switched to Lament and we were golden. Never been so relieved to get through an encounter.

• 1Solidarity