Destiny: Rise of Iron 9.20.16

Heckler_sl

shitlord
thats why I really like the steam box concept, a reference PC gaming platform that is user-serviceable so power users can tweak and upgrade, but newbies just get working out of the box, that allows for a gaming platform with scaling levels of CPU and GPU power would be really nice.
Not to derail this entire thread, but I genuinely don't get who the steambox is for except for steam users that want to spend some extra money to have a small form factor box under their television. Those boxes are never going to beat consoles in terms of the ease of use or the amount of support they receive in terms of exclusive first party games/whatever else, so I don't ever see this getting major traction with the main stream. Even in terms of the graphics they'll be able to push. They're never going to rival consoles in the first couple of years of the generation in terms of price/performance, and once they actually do show a significant amount of diference between console graphics and steambox graphics, a new console generation will be just around the corner. And they're never going to be as cheap or customizable as a custom build either.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Looks good. Still getting it for the PS4 but xb1 owners shouldn't have to complain about anything graphics so long as it can handle large scale encounters well also.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ghost edition looks to be sold out everywhere. Wouldn't try to resell LE though
Well if they are smart they will release small batches of ghost edition at a time for stores to allocate allowing the hype to build and "hunt for ghost edition pre-orders" to continue then right before release dump a million of them on the market to be sold in the hype of impulse buying.

I very much doubt it'll be hard to find a ghost edition to buy.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks good. Still getting it for the PS4 but xb1 owners shouldn't have to complain about anything graphics so long as it can handle large scale encounters well also.
Looks like DVRed PS4 footage - but then again, they're both compressed so... definitely does make it curious to see the results in a little over a week though.

If I had made a prediction earlier it would've been "only minor differences" but one resolution down (so 900p assuming 1080p for PS4) - the sort of thing only the most anal person would notice. [Note: Unless I side by side 1080p and 900p I can't tell the difference personally]

Looking like that might be pessimistic though.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For games like Destiny community is fairly important and PS4 just has the system lead this time around.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Both run at 1080p last it was talked about - I'd prefer to get it on ps4 but im actually surrounding by xbox only people so unless im playing double and paying double its pointless!

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So from what I'm reading about raids and strikes and whatnot, it seems like community is going to be a big part of this game. This seems to be the mythical FPS/MMO hybrid that the market has been waiting for. So if I don't have a clan and am not really interested in joining/creating one, should this be an automatic pass for me? Or will I find enough content and be able to feel that I'm getting a complete game if I really only plan to do solo style stuff?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
In all of the product descriptions from Bungie, they have said Ghost will be a "truly limited"edition. I canceled my Ghost version and just kept the LE. I don't care about reselling and I definitely don't care about the Tyrion cube.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
In all of the product descriptions from Bungie, they have said Ghost will be a "truly limited"edition. I canceled my Ghost version and just kept the LE. I don't care about reselling and I definitely don't care about the Tyrion cube.
Im getting the LE as well. Coincidence? I think not

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So from what I'm reading about raids and strikes and whatnot, it seems like community is going to be a big part of this game. This seems to be the mythical FPS/MMO hybrid that the market has been waiting for. So if I don't have a clan and am not really interested in joining/creating one, should this be an automatic pass for me? Or will I find enough content and be able to feel that I'm getting a complete game if I really only plan to do solo style stuff?
Everything I have read has pointed to multiple different ways to play. Not only should you have enough to do but the 3 man strike missions are really fun with the matchmaking. FPS's seem to have a much more skilled playerbase on average then MMO's so you shoudln't run into frustration that you can run into in MMO's when doing dungeons. I'm also sure there will be some filthy casual Rerolled clan for everyone to join or at least adding each others gamertags to friends lists.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Who will be the rerolled live streamer for this game? We have any girls that could get poor saps to give them money?

spronk

FPS noob
i could shave and tuck, i remember jerle streaming rift or swtor when he was still pretty much a guy

re: solo, I pretty much play during the daytime so I'm a solo'er and I think the game is still fun. They have good matchmaking, the dungeons are hard for PUGs so probably won't be able to do the top tier stuff but there is definitely a lot of solo content. The PVP matchmaking also works well just like any FPS, and I think its 8v8. Try out the beta and see if you like the game, you can definitely get in at least 40-50 hours without having to ever group, the strikes and stuff are all optional afaik everything story mode is soloable.

with the DLC xpacs not coming out till 2015 though I think the fun times will be at launch, after 2-3 months I forsee a big dropoff in the player base especially as new games come online end of year.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Not to derail this entire thread, but I genuinely don't get who the steambox is for except for steam users that want to spend some extra money to have a small form factor box under their television.
I read an interesting article that said the steambox is Valve's gambit against MS's attempt to consolidate gaming on its own platform. Right now, MS has insane power via Windows/DirectX and they're an enormous threat to Valve's profit stream: Steam. Right now, gamers would be kinda shit out of luck if MS decided that it wanted a piece of the steam pie -- most people would just grab their ankles and whine about it as opposed to install linux. Valve is trying to come up with a more gamer-friendly 3rd course of action.

Think about if MS decided in that Windows 9 would include the newest directX and old versions of both Windows and Dx would not be supported anymore... furthermore, all applications installs must be routed properly through the Windows 9 app store. And Steam isn't welcome, if you want to buy games online you buy it through MS. This would be lame for gamers but would absolutely murder Valve.

On a side note, there are a bunch of people who really don't want to maintain a high-end gaming computer. They can do productive shit on a tablet or $500 chromebook... the days of needing an ATX case with $3000 worth of hardware are long past. 33 percent of steam uses a 32 bit rig... most common video card is intel 4000... lol.