Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
http://www.takuchat.com/pre-load-destiny-beta-free-ps4/ Takes 5 mins

Ill link a video

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Destiny companion app offers up lore, loadout changes
Destiny companion app offers up lore, loadout changes | Joystiq

Apparently the app sounds quite handy and will be available for beta.
at 2:58 or so in the app shows a near complete bar on 16 story missions clockin in at a lil under 6hours? Judging by his gear and app data it has like no strikes done and his gear is lackluster - need more infos I realize thats just an app video but i do hope its more than just 16 story missions.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
at 2:58 or so in the app shows a near complete bar on 16 story missions clockin in at a lil under 6hours? Judging by his gear and app data it has like no strikes done and his gear is lackluster - need more infos I realize thats just an app video but i do hope its more than just 16 story missions.
That is my biggest concern with this game. I think they are going to MILK THE FUCK out of DLC. As in launch mostly complete, really short but good game and DLC you for the entire thing.

I really hope the market doesn't turn into that.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Interesting catch - but maybe I'm just optimistic but that doesn't sound THAT bad to me, simply because with ONE mission in the Alpha there was so much to do because of the Strikes, PVP, and Exploration that the same area allowed as a secondary use.

Assuming 16 story missions coincides with 16 zones (which from the bit he scrolls over it, it looks like each is its own area) that's TONS of content once you start factoring in Exploration and such. Sure, you might not have Ghost narration and a tight story the entire time, but...

[And of course nothing precludes Strikes from having Story elements too - although from what I saw of the Alpha Strike that didn't seem to be the case yet]

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
That is my biggest concern with this game. I think they are going to MILK THE FUCK out of DLC. As in launch mostly complete, really short but good game and DLC you for the entire thing.

I really hope the market doesn't turn into that.
It's something I've felt in the beginning. It's going to be short, I can almost guarantee that.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
I don't know about you guys, but I got nearly 15 hours of gameplay out of the alpha alone, which contained "less than 10% of the entire game", whatever that may mean. And I only dabbled a bit in the multiplayer while spending the bulk of my time on PVE. I'm not sure where people are getting the idea that this game will be "short", especially to the point where they feel as if they can guarantee it. I don't think Bungie has a reputation of half-assing something, especially with the image of their franchise on the line.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah thats what my son said when he played the alpha. He got about 15 hours out of it. So if that's 10%, then were looking at 100 hrs conservatively. Shit, call it a solid 60 hours of gameplay and you still beat out almost any other AAA title in the past 10 yrs for your $60.

They might DLC the shit out of this, but so waht? If its a good game I dont mind paying. Its not like this DLCing of games is something new these days.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Also the added hours of getting gear with the perfect stats. Leveling different classes also adds to the replay value.

I prefer the DLC route then the MMO sub route where you just pay them $15 a month no matter if they release any new content or not.

Heckler_sl

shitlord
Plus the different difficulty modes, the amount of hours you can sink in the multiplayer if you like it, the raids, ... I dunno, I've got faith. Surely they've got endgame stuff that hasn't been revealed yet either. If I end up really enjoying this game when it actually comes out, I can see myself getting 200 hours out of it, estimating from what I got out of the alpha. Which I wouldn't considered short by any standard.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Also the added hours of getting gear with the perfect stats. Leveling different classes also adds to the replay value.

I prefer the DLC route then the MMO sub route where you just pay them $15 a month no matter if they release any new content or not.
Nod - even if the story is short id still end up dumping like 20+ hours into it - i was endlessly into the alpha even tho i was only level 8. Gearing up to do the raid and such will be another bunch of hours after the story is done.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Yeah normally I would be upset at 16 short story missions but I enjoyed every facet of this game. I did explore,strikes,story,pvp evenly during the alpha and put in just a smidge under 30 hours. 16 story missions and explore mode alone would make me happy.

I don't know what it is about these FPS rpgs like Destiny and Borderlands but I am full on zombie mode playing them. They just don't get boring for me.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I agree. I loved BL and BL2. Played the shit out of them, and still do occasionally. My kids were the same way. They played the shit out of BL2 and still do. We probably have like 1000 hours between us all on BL2.

Im also looking forward to the new BL game coming out this fall.

DMK_sl

shitlord
1) DLC every month for 15 dollars is better then a sub to an MMO
2) Halo campaign was about 10 hrs plus the multiplayer no one complains about the length of that game
3)I have a hot girlfriend

DMK_sl

shitlord
Do they plan a DLC every month? the season pass is only 30 bucks, and come with the limited editions.
Well no but I'm putting into perspective that even at worse case scenario of DLC every month it is still a bargain for an online world.

Disabled

Lord Nagafen Raider
So is the DLC the same thing as the Expansion packs? What is the thing that costs $35? Season pass? Expansion? Both/they're the same?

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yes, we are calling them DLC and Bungie calls them expansion packs. A new game is supposed to release every two years with the expansion packs released between the new games. I am assuming your character will carry over from game to game, if it doesn't then it's no different then MW or the BF series.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I think Bungie will have episodic DLC and actual expansions that are paid for that allow more levels. When you think about the info thus far that you can level up to a mere max level of 20 then it seems like a safe assumption that more levels will assuredly come down the line but i doubt each and every DLC will have more levels. I think i also read somewhere that a PC version would be in 1st half of next year but i dont recall where i saw it.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I don't think they will even bother with a PC version. Unless there is evidence to suggest otherwise?