Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
I was late coming to this season, but decided to roll a hardcore wizard (I only play hardcore) and see how it went. Knew I wanted to build into DMO this go around and I have to say the way the smart loot system works is simultaneously very rewarding and frustrating.

It feels like it'll help you build towards specific playstyles based on what skills you have equipped and gear you already have so at regular intervals you feel like you're making progress towards the build of choice. Then, when it comes to finding those few last pieces or rolling higher on things, it just completely cockblocks you with RNG.

Still, in just a few days I'm rolling in T10 and it just feels so comfortable with time bubbles everywhere and massive arcane coated blobs of mobs being obliterated.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I was late coming to this season, but decided to roll a hardcore wizard (I only play hardcore) and see how it went. Knew I wanted to build into DMO this go around and I have to say the way the smart loot system works is simultaneously very rewarding and frustrating.

It feels like it'll help you build towards specific playstyles based on what skills you have equipped and gear you already have so at regular intervals you feel like you're making progress towards the build of choice. Then, when it comes to finding those few last pieces or rolling higher on things, it just completely cockblocks you with RNG.

Still, in just a few days I'm rolling in T10 and it just feels so comfortable with time bubbles everywhere and massive arcane coated blobs of mobs being obliterated.

It takes 1% of the time to get your character 99% built and 99% of time to get the last 1%. By design of course, but it can put an immediate end to progressing a character unless you bot or play 14 hours a day.

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just remember the games online only if you plan to play while away on the summer and don't have internet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Question about season changeover. Is it only stuff in the stash that gets mailed to you, or everything not equipped?

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Question about season changeover. Is it only stuff in the stash that gets mailed to you, or everything not equipped?
The characters remain as they are and simply become non-season characters. The stash gets mailed because they can't just add it to existing.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's definitely niche, but having 1 of 2 (3?) daggers in the pool to upgrade legendaries you can pretty much get an ancient karlei's for minimal investment making the rest of it a breeze. The same can't be said for any other set o_O

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I'll be online for the start of this season (Barb) if anyone wants to roll together - it's McFly#1102 :emoji_blush:

dizzie

Triggered Happy
What's a good beginner class? i've picked up the game and was waiting till the new season start - I've read to play seasonal and not the normal game.

Fucker

Log Wizard
What's a good beginner class? i've picked up the game and was waiting till the new season start - I've read to play seasonal and not the normal game.

DH gets the best starter set this season. Impale DH has good damage and good mobility.