Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
After slapping the bare minimum set pieces for Vyr Archon I did a GR100 in ~8 minutes. While either of the two DH builds can clobber the season journey's GR70/75 and farm T16 I would recommend raising an alt as 100+ on other classes have far easier options and with ancients & augments 110+ is realistic.

Once I get it fully viable I may end up speeding gems 0-85 on DH then switch to 85-100+ on Wiz for augments. Simply more efficient.

edit: finally got a Halo toughness ring and ancient boots, then capped a GR105 in ~9

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I planned on going barb this season but I did WW barb all of last season and a little Vyrs. Plus WW is the only build I enjoy and I can spin for so long before I get tired of it. I tried the other builds and I liked the hammer build but you cant push far with it. Hated charge barb and pull barb. The valor sader set is very strong but it's way too slow for me and the other sader build cant even closely compete with the valor set.

With monk I can play both variants of the tempest rush, sunwuko for GR pushing and PoJ for speed GRs. Then you have WoL for super fast T16 key farming and of course Zdps monk for grouping. Can't go wrong with monk.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I thought about playing a barb. I made a character and logged in for a few. Game was dead. Nobody in chat. Nobody doing PL or nothing.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I thought about playing a barb. I made a character and logged in for a few. Game was dead. Nobody in chat. Nobody doing PL or nothing.
All about getting connected to the right community and friends. The FoH rerolled clan is pretty dead from what I remmeber but I joined into a clan that a D3 streamer runs and it's pretty active. Makes for a good time.

As for PL, you can always ask here and plenty can help including myself.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Weird I always see people asking or offering PLs. Did you join any of the multitude powerleveling chat channels? I should be on tonight and I can quickly PL you if you still need one.

Malakriss

Lots of crappy moochers trying to hop in public bounty runs, like P400 who can't even survive and pop in to other people's bosses.

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
After slapping the bare minimum set pieces for Vyr Archon I did a GR100 in ~8 minutes. While either of the two DH builds can clobber the season journey's GR70/75 and farm T16 I would recommend raising an alt as 100+ on other classes have far easier options and with ancients & augments 110+ is realistic.

Once I get it fully viable I may end up speeding gems 0-85 on DH then switch to 85-100+ on Wiz for augments. Simply more efficient.

edit: finally got a Halo toughness ring and ancient boots, then capped a GR105 in ~9
Isn't the top Wizard on the leaderboard at like the same as the top DH? With the Nerf to Vyrs it's still great for groups but not any better for solo stuff.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone clearing gr100+ on a WW barb comment on using double pylon amulet vs travelers? Into the mid 90's and damage seems okay, but toughness usually is more critical with white mobs being able to one shot you. Wasn't sure if the leaderboard was just contingent on pylon fishing rifts or if toughness really isn't as big of an issue as it once was

Malakriss

Isn't the top Wizard on the leaderboard at like the same as the top DH? With the Nerf to Vyrs it's still great for groups but not any better for solo stuff.
Vyr scales similar to WW this season, LoD rapid fire is the top DH build which is a tier below them and then the standard multi/shadow DH is another tier below that.

I didn't get the loot luck for either LoD or shadow this season but in less ancients Vyr outperforms UE on 100+ already. Both share Trapped/Zei so the leveling is shared aside from augments.

UxOTNsy.png

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rapid fire also needs like 3k paragons. Those lists never age well. It's always interesting to see those tier lists on the last week of the season :)

Malakriss

There's already a P1200 rapid fire DH, zero augments at #6 on the leaderboard. I'm a little ashamed of my wiz gear being as high as it is.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone clearing gr100+ on a WW barb comment on using double pylon amulet vs travelers? Into the mid 90's and damage seems okay, but toughness usually is more critical with white mobs being able to one shot you. Wasn't sure if the leaderboard was just contingent on pylon fishing rifts or if toughness really isn't as big of an issue as it once was
Travelers is worthless for ww barb. Your always moving so all you get is 50% dr. Which at that point you could just use unity. Travelers also means you have to give up one of coe/bom/orz

What are the two builds on the 140 list?
Macro wizard and new set crusader

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For reasons I started fresh on Ps4 Season journey doing some local couch coop and rolled up a Barb. I figure for a console, without the numlock trick, that spinning to win would be pretty easy. Friend made Monk. We'll see how it all works out.

One thing I noticed is that I've never done the Campaign on console, and things like having to complete a GRift solo to unlock Challenge Rifts? Or have to beat Act 4 in order to unlock Master difficulty. So taking the time to go back through the campaign. It's been years since I did the campaign.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>

Flavor of Time is great and quickly becoming one of my favorite legendaries in the game. Getting a 2 min window of invulnerability from a shield pylon, 1 full min of conduit, etc.

For DR, keep up Band of Might buff with Wrenching Smash and you should have perma-Wrath with Mortick's Brace for another 50%.
You need some sustain as well to get life back. I use Blood Funnel Rune on WW, since I use BK swords, but if you are using IK blades, you need to use Whirlwind - Wind Shear Rune for fury generation so you would then have to take Battle-Rage - Swords to Ploughshares to make up for it.

For me, high 90s is about where I really started having to worry about keeping up those DR buffs.

• 1Solidarity

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I've been rocking the AOV Shotgun Crusader. The problem is it's slow as shit, I think I only cleared 102 with a couple of minutes to spare but I never died and probably will go on for quite a while if I want. You start seeing crazy numbers on the screen with it, was hitting for 10 Trillion or some stupid number. The speed build version of it to help with farm is hella vulnerable at T16 though.

All in all it's just slow. The LoD build was actually pretty fun, was a joke to do GR45 with it. Might use that to farm up gem levels as that's all I have left and all I'm probably going to do.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Started playing S19 this friday and now I got everything besides one ring in the guide on icy veins (WW/rend). Im currently farming GR60 but once a caster mob looks at me I explode. What is needed to survive higher rifts? got as far as 63 but I die all the time there.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Band of might and using furious charge or ground smash. Morticks brace and enough CDR to be in wrath all the time. Stuff like that.

Check diablo fans, the top builds there have all the gearing/skill info.

• 1Like