Diablo 3 - Reaper of Souls

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I went page 5 or 6 pages to try and look for the new season 2 legendary and what builds look to be good for season 2 and didn't find any. My buddy is going to make a Barb and I'm trying to decide what class to duo with him as. It's actually sort of hard for me to find recent info. Anyone have any suggestions?
The new seasonal items are in the patch notes.

I would suggest a class with strong single target damage because Raekor's still sucks in that area. Monk or DH would both work well in that regard. DH probably has higher single target DPS, but I find their seasonal item quite boring.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sad that the new barb belt is basically pointless. The massive modifiers set items give to specific spells way way way outstrip anything the legendaries do for other spells. Also, need a Legendary to increase Frenzy's Duration, because that shit is untenable in group situations.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Pride of Cassius usually goes in that slot. I'd maybe consider the frenzy belt if they dealt with the stacking problem like you mentioned. Short duration buffs(hi2u Taeguk and Sweeping Winds) are bad for this game.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Pride of Cassius usually goes in that slot. I'd maybe consider the frenzy belt if they dealt with the stacking problem like you mentioned. Short duration buffs(hi2u Taeguk and Sweeping Winds) are bad for this game.
Would be nice if the stacks faded on sweeping wind but the base effect stayed until death/zone/cancelled.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That's a good idea. A small windup time every new pack is a reasonable balance. Especially now that the skill is basically relegated to 8 spirit/s thanks to the Monkey King set. Even at 5 spirit, it's annoying to keep it refreshed.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Thinking of jumping back in (maybe now, maybe wait for S2) and doing a Barb. I've leveled a few to max but never geared them.

What's the progression like for Barb from no-gear to geared-out, build wise?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Haven't touched this shit in ages, but will probably fuck around a bit once the new season starts.. who do I need to msg for invites into the clan.. how many people are still around?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
I finally found an Incense Torch on my monk so I could try that no-generator bell spam build. Even with medocre rolls it feels broken.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/T...763/hero/39096
Hm, that looks like it would make monk pretty fun. How rare is the staff? I haven't played since patch but my monk only had like, 1 piece of SWK, random other set (might have 3 piece Inna's + RoRG) and a Flying Dragon...

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I can't get a Torch for the life of me
frown.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Hm, that looks like it would make monk pretty fun. How rare is the staff? I haven't played since patch but my monk only had like, 1 piece of SWK, random other set (might have 3 piece Inna's + RoRG) and a Flying Dragon...
D3 Drop Tables 2.1.0 Update

I haven't found a drop table for 2.1.2 yet(likely too soon, even for the asians) and they have messed around with the drop rates of more rare items. So, you can use that link to see that Incense Torch is one of the rarer drops along with Quang and Flow of Eternity, but those exact percentages are probably not accurate.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Thinking of jumping back in (maybe now, maybe wait for S2) and doing a Barb. I've leveled a few to max but never geared them.

What's the progression like for Barb from no-gear to geared-out, build wise?
This is for softcore but most of it still applies but with different priorities. Craft an ancient cinder switch with str, %dam, 10% cdr, socket. Craft jewelry until you get all with 3 decent primaries and a socket. Str is required with the obvious CC/CD but CDR is also good if you're near reset breakpoints (see reddit guide below). For legendary gems, trapped, pain enhancer, mirinae. Level them on a more geared character if possible to at least 25, higher is better. Prioritize blood shard farming so you can get your Raekor's set built ASAP. Go all 5 pieces except shoulders. Once set is complete get a vile ward for shoulders. Then work on the other "cheap" gamble slots like bracers (ancient parthan defenders for grifts, strongarm bracers for T6) and belt (pride of cassius for grifts and witching hour for T6). By now you're a little squishy but should be clearing T6 so fast that nothing but charging into fire chains should kill you. Rings might be a good option after that. Unity will let you solo up to around grift 35 even with garbage rolls on everything and bul-kathos' wedding band you'll never want to take off after getting a good one. You'll also want a stone of jordan for grouping to replace the unity. After that you could gamble amulet or weapon but you might want to regamble several pieces for better stats and luck into the weapon and amulet. For weapons you're looking for an ancient furnace or ancient maximus. For amulet, immunity, hellfire (lol), or just whatever you find with good damage until you get one of the better ones.

fire-fc - Diablo3Barbarians

Here's the actual guide most people use for the build. I believe my gearing order is at least the fastest way to get straight into solo T6 for max speed farming. Then it becomes the usual slog of grinding out optimal primaries, ancient versions, and better stat rolls.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Not sure how rare it is compared to other stuff but this is my first one. I have found probably 10 flying dragons (including an ancient one with ~4100 dps), 2 Quangs, and 2 Flow of Eternities.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Didn't seem too rare for us, we've all gotten a couple each and a couple ancients between us. Helps to play with other monks so when one drops it can be passed around. Even before I got it I was melting stuff with a Furnace, just not as efficiently obviously.

Odd thing over the last couple of weeks is an uptick in off-class items. Got a barb set item, crossbow, mojo, etc. Things I've never gotten on my monk before. Thx RNGesus.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Has anyone given any thought to fastest way to hit 70 once season starts? Guess I'll give her a go again next Friday.