Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I was still getting some hitching on load with the high res textures. Dropped to medium, hitching gone, and could barely see the difference anyway.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I was getting a bunch of frame drops as well. Similar system specs as Obsidian Obsidian , maybe a little under but it certainly sucked. Very much turned me off the game in general until I tried it on PS5. Perfectly smooth there and cross-save / cross-play worked fine. So even if it was something messed up with a setting or the texture pack, I think I have my platform picked out.

Can't trust AAA developers to optimize PC ports for shit anymore and besides, I like my comfy couch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I was getting a bunch of frame drops as well. Similar system specs as Obsidian Obsidian , maybe a little under but it certainly sucked. Very much turned me off the game in general until I tried it on PS5. Perfectly smooth there and cross-save / cross-play worked fine. So even if it was something messed up with a setting or the texture pack, I think I have my platform picked out.

Can't trust AAA developers to optimize PC ports for shit anymore and besides, I like my comfy couch.

I have aproximately the same specs (Ryzen 3900X instead, though) and didn't have that hitching issue at all. Worst I had was one moment, very early on friday, where it was rubber banding trying to transition areas in the main city to the northern chapel area. Butter aside from that compared to the last beta. With hi-res textures on as well.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It does seem possible to build a 'tanky' melee rogue that spams vuln for the party, but if everything one-shots you at endgame, not so much.

The main issue is that 'tanky' rogues don't exist. All their damage mitigation is conditional. "Nearby enemies', 'distant enemies', shrouds that only last for the first 5 hits, etc.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The main issue is that 'tanky' rogues don't exist. All their damage mitigation is conditional. "Nearby enemies', 'distant enemies', shrouds that only last for the first 5 hits, etc.

Don't forget 1 layer of the shroud only has a pissant 10% chance to not consume a hit-- and each hit removed bleeds mitigation like crazy, when the base mitigation was only 45% to begin with. 45% drops to 37% right off the first hit. Round that down to 33%. That's only 1/3rd mitigation on 2nd hit.

Using a legendary slot to buff such a weak survival skill is extremely dubious. Can't make something good endgame that was shit to begin with.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What the hell are the closed beta testers doing not having stumbled upon these issues before? Feels wierd they change so much from open beta feedback.
Testers?

They are pushing changes without testing them because the community will test for free.

Not sure what is going on with closed beta but maybe it's not active or a different build or the changes effect levels people are way past now.

I imagine their QA department is tiny.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
perfectly cromulent
I use that line randomly when people say something absurd and no one ever gets that its a simpsons joke.

On topic... the fuck is mitigation that big a concern? they aren't going to do anything different from d3, every class will have 3-4 items that give you mitigation for X condition and you'll pick your poison. No big mystery here

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I tried an ice sorcerer during the server slam, my first sorcerer in D4 I’ve tried and I really liked it, it’s the first time since trying the game that I looked forward to playing it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I tried an ice sorcerer during the server slam, my first sorcerer in D4 I’ve tried and I really liked it, it’s the first time since trying the game that I looked forward to playing it.
I really liked the game play of the three classes I spent any time with, the Sorcerer, the Necro, and the Rogue. If direct melee classes hadn't been so punishing in the first beta I guarantee I would have more time in Barb; in fact I started with Barb before I switched to Sorc because that first dungeon was such a bitch.

I am super hyped to play all 5 and whatever else they release. Excited but wary to see the story. Bring on the 1st!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Well even though we know it will blow dicks and be pay to win faggoty garbage. I guess we might as well set up a forum guild and enjoy the first 3-4 weeks of the gay before everyone quits.

Special rank for the bads who didn't earn the beta rewards.

• 3Worf
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Aren't the first 3-4 weeks of progress reset when seasons start? Or do you get the zone completion bonuses on season alts too?

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aren't the first 3-4 weeks of progress reset when seasons start? Or do you get the zone completion bonuses on season alts too?
If its anything like every other arpg.... you'll have standard chars and then ladder/seasonal ones.