<Prior Amod>
D4 will never sell player power.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard was 100% behind the downfall of the PoE reddit when Immortal was announced instead of D4 because the entirety of D3's playerbase came over to PoE. They hired trolls to come shit up the PoE reddit and it's been like that ever since. Never give Blizzard an ounce of respect or trust. They're complete shitlords and they're not even good at the one thing Blizzard V1.0 was good at: taking another games already established ideas, polishing them, and implementing them well.

This game will probably be a major disappointment for the first year, but it will make 500 million dollars so no one will care. Unfortunate.
ROFL. Blizzard secretly "ruined" the PoE reddit, not the absolute ass community itself...nah, it was Blizzard. What a take.
D4 will never sell player power.
Even if they do, who gives a fuck? Doesn't mean you have to buy it and if some whale makes my weekly boss runs easier? Well, I always did fuckin' love Free Willy..

Free Willy 90S GIF

• 2Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
They won't sell player power, until a bean counter realizes they may miss a quota and go "Well you had it your way, now its our way"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I’m in Vegas right now. Huge ass video billboard of Diablo IV on the strip, like across from Bellagio. If I’m back that way I’ll take a pic. Ad budget for this game must be bonkers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
ROFL. Blizzard secretly "ruined" the PoE reddit, not the absolute ass community itself...nah, it was Blizzard. What a take.

Even if they do, who gives a fuck? Doesn't mean you have to buy it and if some whale makes my weekly boss runs easier? Well, I always did fuckin' love Free Willy..

Free Willy 90S GIF
The mods did some research and found out there were about 10-15 people who were making up 85% of the "bad faith" posts in the PoE reddit.

And guess when they joined.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The mods did some research and found out there were about 10-15 people who were making up 85% of the "bad faith" posts in the PoE reddit.

And guess when they joined.
Ah conspiriacy theories, just the thing to tell who the crazies are.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I’m in Vegas right now. Huge ass video billboard of Diablo IV on the strip, like across from Bellagio. If I’m back that way I’ll take a pic. Ad budget for this game must be bonkers.

And battlepass money isn't going to carry it. They're recouping one way or another.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And battlepass money isn't going to carry it. They're recouping one way or another.
If it was just battlepass , yeah no chance. Now BP + 70-100$ boxes. And if people actually bought that horrible collectors on top of getting the game(remember it didnt come with the base game). They should get a decent chunk. Really depends if people buy cosmetics and w/e else is in their store to roll into green and keep going.

Time will tell. It is a pretty huge marketing push though, you dont see it this huge often.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Every person I have talked to that played the D4 beta enjoyed it. This board is just straight up autism when it comes to all things Blizzard. Show me where the bad man touched you…

• 8Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 8 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every person I have talked to that played the D4 beta enjoyed it. This board is just straight up autism when it comes to all things Blizzard. Show me where the bad man touched you…

It's really just the same group that are loud about it. I bet they still play it, even after lambasting it constantly. The ones that enjoyed it, mostly stay silent.

• 2Like

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's really just the same group that are loud about it. I bet they still play it, even after lambasting it constantly. The ones that enjoyed it, mostly stay silent.
So it will eventually suck like all things as entropy drags it down but I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. I can't remember anticipating a game as much as I have D4 and I haven't played D3 in a looong time. Blizzard was great, Bungie was Great, Nvidia was great, GW2 was great, lots of things were great and eventually they hire enough diversity hires that just want to fuck the Patriarchy and the magic ends. Rome fell. WoW sucks now. But it used to be great.

I have the whole week off (because of my birthday, not because of D4; happy coincidence; I did add a day to get ready for it.) Like Roy Batty, I will revel in my time of it not sucking before it inevitably does.

200.gif

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
They won't sell player power, until a bean counter realizes they may miss a quota and go "Well you had it your way, now its our way"
Yeah exactly. Well guys we noticed people were selling tradable uniques for RL cash so to combat bots we had to sell uniques better than anything you can find for cash! SO SORRY WE ACTUALLY DON'T MAKE ANY MONEY OFF IT LOL FOR REAL!

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have a feeling that some low IQ marketing cuck thought that would be "genius" to put a Diablo "THE DEBIL IS BAD BOBBY BUSHEY" kind of billboard right next to the literal fucking devil of a brand themselves. As fucking Bellagio shit gives me the fucking creeps, as it should anyone. Theyve got billboards up everywhere, though. Why they have a huge ass billboard of Diablo in Harlem? idfk on that one. The ones that get me though are the low brow attempts at being funny where they act like some innocent Christian and are acting like they think they would act when dealing with Diablo stuff from KFC.

After its all came out that most of the marketing is fake, like the Q&A - it makes everything look way more stupid, which is funny I suppose.

So it will eventually suck like all things as entropy drags it down but I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. I can't remember anticipating a game as much as I have D4 and I haven't played D3 in a looong time. Blizzard was great, Bungie was Great, Nvidia was great, GW2 was great, lots of things were great and eventually they hire enough diversity hires that just want to fuck the Patriarchy and the magic ends. Rome fell. WoW sucks now. But it used to be great.

I have the whole week off (because of my birthday, not because of D4; happy coincidence; I did add a day to get ready for it.) Like Roy Batty, I will revel in my time of it not sucking before it inevitably does.

200.gif
Eh, I cleared my schedule from Friday to Tuesday. No shame, cause its mostly the weekend anyways and for whatever fucking reason.. Ive been absolutely apathetic towards playing other games with this fucker on the horizon. I think itll be a good time getting a character to 100 the first time. The second time, not so bothersome probably. But a third, fourth and fifth time to complete the roster? That might be a bit much, even for me.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’m still playing Zelda. At 2-3h per night should time out to know this isn’t shit when I finish.

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My memory could be wrong, but reminds me of Voldeth and the Lost Ark thread.

He joined the thread talking about how easy the game was, how it wasn't worth it, how he had put a ton of time on a foreign server and he just might happen to play NA launch casually.

Turns out he had 2 level 50s before some people beat the log in monster on release, had 3 pages of max level toons, got some achievement for logging in 365 days in a row, and averaged 16 hrs of playtime a day lol.

Or like all the Madden critics. Praise the game prior to release, game turns out to be shit....everyone vows to never play it again..gonna boycott it.....how they will never, ever buy another Madden......fall for the prerelease hype.....buy it again....repeat x 10 years in a row.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know there is pretty much zero reason to nolife/shitsock this game. Honestly with the ladder coming out a couple months after the launch even the head start isn't much to lose sleep over. That being said I will probably be on a fair bit over the weekend as well.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Blizzard having an official leveling race with cash prizes while also selling a 4 day headstart is some hilarious shit.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Blizzard having an official leveling race with cash prizes while also selling a 4 day headstart is some hilarious shit.
Whats the cash prize? Im only aware of the player getting their names etched into a Statue that they'll never see. It was at least interesting when there was a possibility that those players would get the 2 foot tall statue of Lilith or Tyrael with their name on it. As if Blizzard would have actually signed off on giving upwards of a million dollars worth of statues away, ha.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah this game will suck. However I've been relatively silent because

A) I'm playing WOW right now. Stones, glass houses etc...

B) if the game turns out to be good at the top end I'm going to eat my words and play it.