Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
So let's review what you guys are buying:

Follow the satnav single player campaign with ample checkpoints for games journalists.

All encounters are level scaled which will give the game a predictable challengless world.

All loot is level scaled which makes early-mid game loot pointless to invest in.

Skill/progression system is a step backwards from where the genre has progressed to since D3 (which was arguably a step back from D2 itself).

Likely underwhelming endgame designed to get daily engagement and monthly MAUs for investors instead of player fun.

Battle passes and paid cosmetics IN A FULL PRICE GAME.

Likely broken promises, stubbornly sticking to unpopular broken systems and glacial addition of new content.

I played the Demo. I played Diablo Immortal. They cancelled Diablo 3 Expansion 3. They cancelled Overwatch 2. They mangled WoW.

When will we stop being cucks and stop buying this shit? I'm done unless the reviews are spectacular, I can't see how it's possible. The only thing I'm worried about is IRL friends and colleagues playing it and dragging me in.

Nintendo just released a MASSIVE game with no performance issues, no battle passes or paid cosmetics, which innovates the genre. Just play Zelda instead.
Well, here it is folks, the new Zelda game - a shiny reminder of Nintendo's growing legacy of letdowns.

The graphics? Just some rehashed pixels. As for gameplay, it's like playing the old Zelda game on repeat. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking.

The storyline? I've seen deeper plots in Saturday morning cartoons. Immersive? More like submersive, 'cause this thing's sinking fast.

If you're jumping to defend this new Zelda, you're just being a Nintendo simp. Remember when they crafted epics, not just re-skinned relics? I miss those days.

This new Zelda game is a testament to Nintendo's descent into mediocrity. The real legend here is the legend of the cash grab.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Never respond to Chris. Just let him live in his little world, with mr sox, nigron and some others.

I am shocked he went a whole post without mentioning FFXXIV.

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Did someone say FF14?

Alright, time for some hard truths about Final Fantasy 14. Looks like Square Enix is at it again, serving up reheated leftovers.

The graphics? Just a touch-up job on the same old pixels. Gameplay feels like I'm stuck in a time loop. Come on, Square Enix, we've seen this all before!

The storyline is as thin as cheap anime. 'Epic tale,' they said. More like a low-budget manga spin-off. Seriously, how many times can we save the world from ultimate destruction?

Any defenders out there, face it, you're just Square Enix simps. And don't get me started on the weebs eating up this tired narrative with a spoon. When was the last time Square Enix cared about creating something new and exciting?

Final Fantasy 14 is just another cash cow for Square Enix. So much for the 'fantasy'.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
I prefer the Joe Abercrombie filter:
Well, behold, mates, the latest spectacle in the Zelda canon, a bright and gleaming testament to the ever-mounting annals of Nintendo's blunders.

Those pixels you see splattered across your screen? Aye, that's not originality, just a lazy dredge through familiar territory. And as for the gameplay, it's akin to riding the same rusty rollercoaster, time and again, and being asked to marvel at the identical twists and turns.

The narrative, you ask? Could've sworn I've waded through deeper pools of complexity in the pages of a children's comic. Is it meant to draw you in, create a world to get lost in? Maybe if getting lost means diving headfirst into an abyss, 'cause this ship's taking on water quicker than you can say "Nintendo."

Those of you leaping to this new Zelda's defense are naught but pawns in Nintendo's game. Remember the time when they were blacksmiths, forging epics, not just chucking some fresh paint on ancient artifacts? Those were the days worth reminiscing.

This latest Zelda escapade is nothing short of a grim homage to Nintendo's steady stumble towards mediocrity. The real fable being spun here is not of Zelda, but the saga of the never-ending pursuit of quick coin.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Spin2Win is currently, by far the best spec in the game. Just shout buff(s) and spin - while also buffing the shit out of your team so it's also the best support class in the game as well. We'll see how long they hold out nerfing whirlwind because the class has no good second spec atm.

This. You never want to be at the top, because it rarely ever last long. Who knows, there were some builds in d3 that were amazing forever(hello necro rathma) but usually nerfs came to anything too powerful that stood out.

We'll see what all these guys say tomorrow. Since iirc the 30th is when they can talk about their playing the entire game. I expect a spam of videos all talking about the best builds, who is the top, even more then there is now.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well, here it is folks, the new Zelda game - a shiny reminder of Nintendo's growing legacy of letdowns.

The graphics? Just some rehashed pixels. As for gameplay, it's like playing the old Zelda game on repeat. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking.

The storyline? I've seen deeper plots in Saturday morning cartoons. Immersive? More like submersive, 'cause this thing's sinking fast.

If you're jumping to defend this new Zelda, you're just being a Nintendo simp. Remember when they crafted epics, not just re-skinned relics? I miss those days.

This new Zelda game is a testament to Nintendo's descent into mediocrity. The real legend here is the legend of the cash grab.
Have you played it? The game is incredible and is getting near universal praise so it isn't just me. It's at least double the size of the previous game so saying rehash is just hilariously ignorant.

What you are saying here sums up the rot in western gaming.

1) Graphic obsession. Graphics do not make an immersive game, the art style/direction does and that doesn't require the latest pixels.

This is a forum that was formerly about dogshit graphics MMOs and this thread is about Blizzard who typically make stylised games themselves, including this one.

2) Story obsession. In a videogame, YOU are the storyline, what actually matters is the setting. Recently RPGs have been plagued by endless unskippable filler story segments which are typically shit.

What the fuck was the stoyline in Diablo 2 or Vanilla WoW? They were strong settings with a few plot threads. You want the people who produced D3 and WoW: Shadowlands to write a story? Fuck off.

You have to be trolling me with the last bit because Blizzard is literally reskinning stuff and grabbing cash with this game. Did you have AI write that?

• 2Picard
  • 2Moron
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 7 users

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
This. You never want to be at the top, because it rarely ever last long. Who knows, there were some builds in d3 there were amazing forever(hello necro rathma) but usually nerfs came to anything too powerful that stood out.

We'll see what all these guys say tomorrow. Since iirc the 30th is when they can talk about their playing the entire game. I expect a spam of videos all talking about the best builds, who is the top, even more then there is now.

I'm still salty about frozen orb sorc getting ruined after I took it through Reaper of Souls on release and was loving the game and having fun.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Look faggots. Everyone on this forum wants D4 to be a stellar game. I absolutely want Blizzard to fill the gap between POE and ultracasual mobile shit. There is a massive market for that. POE proves that you can make good money on microtransactions only. Even when you ARE NOT SELLING POWER OR TIME SAVING (I guess the more accurate way to frame it is timegate breakers). Since the one thing you must purchase if you get serious into POE is inventory tabs purely for convenience as it saves time. As long as your actual game design is solid.

Blizzard is in a position to get their cake and eat it to by making you pay a box price on top of paying microtransactions and seasonal battlepasses. They will succeed at this amazingly as long as they are able to keep their players engaged enough and produce enough content to keep them coming.

There are serious questions if they are capable of accomplishing that. Which is sad because you have a Free to play cheatbook called POE right there to steal and polish.

Last edited:
  • 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Have you played it? The game is incredible and is getting near universal praise so it isn't just me. It's at least double the size of the previous game so saying rehash is just hilariously ignorant.

What you are saying here sums up the rot in western gaming.

1) Graphic obsession. Graphics do not make an immersive game, the art style/direction does and that doesn't require the latest pixels.

This is a forum that was formerly about dogshit graphics MMOs and this thread is about Blizzard who typically make stylised games themselves, including this one.

2) Story obsession. In a videogame, YOU are the storyline, what actually matters is the setting. Recently RPGs have been plagued by endless unskippable filler story segments which are typically shit.

What the fuck was the stoyline in Diablo 2 or Vanilla WoW? They were strong settings with a few plot threads. You want the people who produced D3 and WoW: Shadowlands to write a story? Fuck off.

You have to be trolling me with the last bit because Blizzard is literally reskinning stuff and grabbing cash with this game. Did you have AI write that?

Well, aren't we a Zelda champion!

Did I hit a nerve by saying it's a rehash? I mean, 'double the size' doesn't equate to 'double the innovation.' It's like serving a bigger portion of yesterday's leftovers - quantity doesn't change the taste, my friend.

Graphics don't matter? Art direction is key? Sure, but a little visual novelty wouldn't hurt. We've seen this Hyrulian scenery how many times now? New doesn't necessarily mean ultra-realistic, but it should mean fresh.

Story doesn't matter, you say? Yes, we, the players, shape the experience, but a good narrative gives us a reason to. And to be fair, I can hardly remember a time when I didn't have to rescue Zelda or thwart Ganon.

Oh, and Blizzard, well, they're just playing in the same sandbox. Except their sandcastles cost extra and look suspiciously like the ones they built last year.

Remember, my Nintendo-simping friend, different strokes for different folks. You enjoy your 'new' Zelda, I'll be here waiting for something truly fresh.

• 5Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Immersive? More like submersive, 'cause this thing's sinking fast.
Holy fuck, GPT has some fuckin' zingers. That one legit made me lulz. Pretty solid dunk.
Look faggots. Everyone on this forum wants D4 to be a stellar game. I absolutely want Blizzard to fill the gap between POE and ultracasual mobile shit. There is a massive market for that. POE proves that you can make good money on microtransactions only. Even when you ARE NOT SELLING POWER OR TIME SAVING (I guess the more accurate way to frame it is timegate breakers). Since the one thing you must purchase if you get serious into POE is inventory tabs purely for convenience as it saves time. As long as your actual game design is solid.

Blizzard is in a position to get their cake and eat it to by making you pay a box price on top of paying microtransactions and seasonal battlepasses. They will succeed at this amazingly as long as they are able to keep their players engaged enough and produce enough content to keep them coming.

There are serious questions if they are capable of accomplishing that. Which is sad because you have a Free to play cheatbook called POE right there to steal and polish.
Conversely, I don't think anyone is saying you can't criticize Blizzard or D4. You can and should rightly criticize Blizzard if they go insanely overboard with the MTX, don't listen to feedback, have shitloads of bugs/balance issues, etc. But this black and white, my morals vs. your entertainment shit is just so goddamn tiresome. People played the beta, liked what they played, and want to shell out $60-$90 to forget about the shitty world for a while. Who gives a fuck? The grandstanding that constantly gets done because YOU specifically don't like something, therefore fuck anybody who does? It's just annoying.

"BLIZZARD IS WOKE SO FUCK YOU SIMP BITCH WHORE FAGGOT!!!". So are 99% of companies nowadays. I guess I should just give up on life because it's literally impossible to consume anything without finding a company that has given off a "woke" statement in the past 10 years. Jesus Christ people, get a fuckin' hobby, smoke a joint, and fuckin' relax a little...goddamn.

I think we ALL would love something new to the genre which has been dominated by PoE for so long. While PoE is a good game, it'd be nice to have something else to give GGG competition and make both games better for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Well, aren't we a Zelda champion!

Did I hit a nerve by saying it's a rehash? I mean, 'double the size' doesn't equate to 'double the innovation.' It's like serving a bigger portion of yesterday's leftovers - quantity doesn't change the taste, my friend.

Graphics don't matter? Art direction is key? Sure, but a little visual novelty wouldn't hurt. We've seen this Hyrulian scenery how many times now? New doesn't necessarily mean ultra-realistic, but it should mean fresh.

Story doesn't matter, you say? Yes, we, the players, shape the experience, but a good narrative gives us a reason to. And to be fair, I can hardly remember a time when I didn't have to rescue Zelda or thwart Ganon.

Oh, and Blizzard, well, they're just playing in the same sandbox. Except their sandcastles cost extra and look suspiciously like the ones they built last year.

Remember, my Nintendo-simping friend, different strokes for different folks. You enjoy your 'new' Zelda, I'll be here waiting for something truly fresh.
Play as much D4 as you can. Enjoy it.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know how we know the game is dogshit. Even after the beta not a single person is talking about itemization, trading, possible builds, theorycrafting out skill trees, talking about how X class was amazing and X skill was fucking awesome.

Game is simply mid as fuck there is nothing ground breaking, nothing inspiring, it will probably be a mediocre game/ cash grab nostalgia wallet rape. The people complaining about complaining are stupid.

• 5Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
You know how we know the game is dogshit. Even after the beta not a single person is talking about itemization, trading, possible builds, theorycrafting out skill trees, talking about how X class was amazing and X skill was fucking awesome.

It's more because beta was only the first 2-3 hours of the game and we don't know enough to do any of that.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Play as much D4 as you can. Enjoy it.
Would you stop responding to Chat GPT you fucking retard? Ffs.

Game is simply mid as fuck there is nothing ground breaking, nothing inspiring, it will probably be a mediocre game/ cash grab nostalgia wallet rape. The people complaining about complaining are stupid.
If we're being honest - most of us here are just desperate to play something different. If D4 even remotely keeps me interested after the shiny wears off, Ill be happy as fuck.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Just going to watch a streamer hopefully get a glimpse into end game before launch. The good news is there's going to be hundreds streaming so people can pick their tastes from the Asmongold and Quin types to the Sacriel or Mathil types.

I'd love to not buy this game, but I don't think there's anything relatively new and exciting for like 3 more weeks and it's so exciting I forgot completely what it was. So a purchase out of boredom rather than excitement. A true Blizzard win!

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Blizzard's days of FromSoft automatic day 1 sight unseen are long gone. But I played the beta, had fun, and plan on buying it.

If it pisses some faggots off who expect my life to revolve around studying every company I interact with to make sure they pass the purity test, then even better.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider

Oh, the wisdom! A game that's not even out yet is dogshit because nobody's discussing intricate details? Genius!

Groundbreaking? Inspiring? It's a game, not the Sistine Chapel.

Cash grab? Welcome to capitalism, my friend.

Complaining about complainers complaining? That's...complicated.

Stay insightful, game Nostradamus!

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Oh, the wisdom! A game that's not even out yet is dogshit because nobody's discussing intricate details? Genius!

Groundbreaking? Inspiring? It's a game, not the Sistine Chapel.

Cash grab? Welcome to capitalism, my friend.

Complaining about complainers complaining? That's...complicated.

Stay insightful, game Nostradamus!

Also spare me the retarded American Inventor shit. We can see the fucking skill trees without being level 100 you disingenuous pure cocksucking faggot. You know damn good and well if anyone was excited they would be theorycrafting the shit out of it...

by the way American Inventor faggot do you need me to explain what theorycrafting is for you as well since you are new to gaming I guess. People have speculated about games they were excited for since the dawn of pong you fucking troglodyte. The fact is nobody even cares to speculate because the game is mid as fuck the itemization is gayer that aids. It's D3 in a new skin.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Last edited: