Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno what their formula for resists is, and i'm not going to watch the kripp video to see what he's it but resists from jewels at least does not go 1:1 onto your char stats screen. I put a resist jewel in one of my accessories and went from like 46% to 50% on char stats, which is not the 14.3% or whatever it said on the tooltip.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
The T3/T4 penalty are probably less modifiers (40% OF resists) rather than decreased modifiers (-40 resists) and that's PROBABLY why, not sure. Classic PoE wording shenanigans.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno what their formula for resists is, and i'm not going to watch the kripp video to see what he's it but resists from jewels at least does not go 1:1 onto your char stats screen. I put a resist jewel in one of my accessories and went from like 46% to 50% on char stats, which is not the 14.3% or whatever it said on the tooltip.

Most times when they say 14.3% it means it increases what you have by 14.3% NOT 46% + 14.3%. If that makes sense.

So like, you have 400 resist, get an item that increases resist by 10%, it adds 40 resist for a total of 440.

In diablo I believe it goes, you have .46 resist you get something that increases resist by 10%, your end result is .506 or 50.6%

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Should watch the video actually it's quite interesting. Basically resists as a stat are beyond useless.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Just saw this on Reddit.

blizzard.jpg

• 2Worf

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Actually got frustrated tonight. Ran into a single rare with 3 affixes, one was vampiric. Now normally, they have healed once and then I killed them. This fucker, i would spend all my spirit, get him to ~40% and he would hit me once and heal to full. He did this 7+ times at least. And the entire time I am fighting him, never proc'd earthen might for the free full spirit + 100% crit to try and burst it down. The druid is fun and tanky, but man if you don't proc the spirit refill, it can be down right tedious. Trying to maul to get spirit on mobs that swing and take 25% life or the affixes almost kill you as you go into to melee. Just makes me want to play a build not so reliant on lucky hits or has such resource problems on single targets. Packs are no issue as you get spirit from hitting mobs and a ton more hits to proc that lucky hit.

Honestly thinking of trying the tornado, but seems it requires the unique helm to function. And the game keeps giving me hunting rings or 1h axes. But it seems a lot less reliant on a lucky proc for resource or packs, can do single target dmg pretty damn well and is fast in the movement department.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
. Know what it also did? Set the precedent that games should cost $70. If everyone told them to fuck off, you know what they wouldn't charge next time?

Wasn't sixteen bit street fighter 2 cartridges like $65 back in 93?

spronk

FPS noob
i paid $30 for the ultimate edition thanks to the xbox glitch last week and finished the campaign at my slow ass pace, I think the game shows me at 29 hours so far which is ludicrously longer than probably most people. if you're a casual its a pretty fun game, the story kinda sucks although the last few hours was pretty good. The map is massive and i think its still ~40% unrevealed for me at level 45, i didnt do a ton of side quests either so i'm sure there is a shit load left to do.

running fine on xbox, im sure it plays better on pc but it is cross save so if I pick up the pc version on sale i can just continue on my character no issues. i doubt i'll get too crazy into grinding but i can dip in and out whenever i wanna do something, feels like there is a vast amount of content i can play at whatever pace i want - solo, group, easy, hard as fuck, whatever. thats nice.

i am definitely on #teamlilith, she did nothing wrong

• 1Cringe
  • 1Faggotry

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Actually got frustrated tonight. Ran into a single rare with 3 affixes, one was vampiric. Now normally, they have healed once and then I killed them. This fucker, i would spend all my spirit, get him to ~40% and he would hit me once and heal to full. He did this 7+ times at least. And the entire time I am fighting him, never proc'd earthen might for the free full spirit + 100% crit to try and burst it down. The druid is fun and tanky, but man if you don't proc the spirit refill, it can be down right tedious. Trying to maul to get spirit on mobs that swing and take 25% life or the affixes almost kill you as you go into to melee. Just makes me want to play a build not so reliant on lucky hits or has such resource problems on single targets. Packs are no issue as you get spirit from hitting mobs and a ton more hits to proc that lucky hit.

Honestly thinking of trying the tornado, but seems it requires the unique helm to function. And the game keeps giving me hunting rings or 1h axes. But it seems a lot less reliant on a lucky proc for resource or packs, can do single target dmg pretty damn well and is fast in the movement department.
Yeah, I actually swapped off the druid because of the lucky hit thing. That and lightning storm was a build I really wanted to work(I'm a sucker for lightning shit), but lightning storm just feels like total ass to use/play. The fact that it acts like a channeled "cone" is just weird as shit. If they ever end up changing its functionality, I'll likely come back to druid.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
i paid $30 for the ultimate edition thanks to the xbox glitch last week and finished the campaign at my slow ass pace, I think the game shows me at 29 hours so far which is ludicrously longer than probably most people. if you're a casual its a pretty fun game, the story kinda sucks although the last few hours was pretty good. The map is massive and i think its still ~40% unrevealed for me at level 45, i didnt do a ton of side quests either so i'm sure there is a shit load left to do.

running fine on xbox, im sure it plays better on pc but it is cross save so if I pick up the pc version on sale i can just continue on my character no issues. i doubt i'll get too crazy into grinding but i can dip in and out whenever i wanna do something, feels like there is a vast amount of content i can play at whatever pace i want - solo, group, easy, hard as fuck, whatever. thats nice.

i am definitely on #teamlilith, she did nothing wrong

Nope.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Blueweed

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Most times when they say 14.3% it means it increases what you have by 14.3% NOT 46% + 14.3%. If that makes sense.

So like, you have 400 resist, get an item that increases resist by 10%, it adds 40 resist for a total of 440.

In diablo I believe it goes, you have .46 resist you get something that increases resist by 10%, your end result is .506 or 50.6%
This.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So is twisting blade rogue the only S+ tier build atm?
Hard to say. Every class seems to have some pretty insane potential. Frost shards sorc seems to be pretty close in power and WW barbs too. While druid is pretty insane but maybe they're a bit too slow to be s+ although they certainly have the tankiness to compensate.