Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think itemization is fine, in fact I think there is too fucking many affixes on items diluting the pool too much. I dont get the beef with items in this game really. They even brought new shit to the game with such things as vulnerable, overpower, fortify, close, far, luck, and of course you have shit like crit, crit dmg, certain items buffing your tree skills +1 or more. I mean its all good shit. I dont understand why you guys thing itemization is shit. Plus on top of all this you have the uniques which even give builds more options.

Well if you care to know, I think it's shit because having so many "damage" types is extremely lazy itemization. Theres nothing I personally get excited about with a piece of loot that makes me do more damage if an enemy of slowed, as well as more damage if vulnerable, as well as more damage if close, along with some resistances that no one has yet figured out how they work.

It's just lazy. All the "damage" types seem like a really poor way to itemize.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Quite honestly there are several changes that would require minimal development time that could probably go in within a weeks time that would remove some of the bitching. Such as a gem bag, and fixing some of the mob scaling.
The biggest criticism I will levy at Blizzard so far is that they took basically ZERO risks with D4. The game is literally Diablo 3.5. Tree of Whispers is basically just bounties, Nightmare dungeons are basically greater rifts, etc. Other than the aspect system and some of the paragon stuff, there's very little "new" here.

Now, that isn't to say they don't still have a solid foundation and could turn this into a real "PoE-lite" style game, but it remains to be seen if they can pull it off. I think a LOT hinges on S1 and the updates they do/don't make there. I also feel like them pre-announcing when S1 was going to drop is the largest reason for the "falloff" of players. People got their feet wet, feel like the game is "good, not great" and are cautious about going balls to the wall when S1 drops in a month.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I think there's a foundation here but I'm pretty fucking pissed that I capped renown and want to put the game away. What the fuck. I should be playing this for months.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think there's a foundation here but I'm pretty fucking pissed that I capped renown and want to put the game away. What the fuck. I should be playing this for months.
Do you not feel like some of that has to do with S1? I know I've reduced my playtime by quite a lot. Because I know S1 is on the way and I've tested most of the stuff I want to test before going ham in S1. A similar thing happens at the end of PoE leagues for most players too.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The biggest criticism I will levy at Blizzard so far is that they took basically ZERO risks with D4. The game is literally Diablo 3.5. Tree of Whispers is basically just bounties, Nightmare dungeons are basically greater rifts, etc. Other than the aspect system and some of the paragon stuff, there's very little "new" here.

Now, that isn't to say they don't still have a solid foundation and could turn this into a real "PoE-lite" style game, but it remains to be seen if they can pull it off. I think a LOT hinges on S1 and the updates they do/don't make there. I also feel like them pre-announcing when S1 was going to drop is the largest reason for the "falloff" of players. People got their feet wet, feel like the game is "good, not great" and are cautious about going balls to the wall when S1 drops in a month.
Blizzard never took risks. Why do you expect them to do so with this game? This game will never be POE, its not even focused on the same people. I dont even think they want this to be POE lite, or they would have copied more systems from that game. Remember, blizzard is great for copying game systems from others and putting a polish on them. So yeah if they wanted POE lite we would have got a poe lite. Do you think they are that stupid and never tried or heard of POE? No, they wanted diablo 4, which we got.

And I think youre foolish to think that this game somehow "hinges" on S1, when D3 has been around, in wose state than this game launched in, and it still surviving and still selling copies, lol. This game is going to be around for YEARS to come.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
This kind of proves my point. I typical ADULT interaction on this forum would be something like this.

1: I'm not really liking the game because of this.
2: Oh, that sucks, I'm having a blast.
1: Cool, have fun, it's just not for me.

How anything goes with Diablo 4.

1: I'm not really liking the game because of this.
2: You're a loser faggot, go fuck yourself you homo. You are an idiot.
1: Okay then...

Yes, I'm upset that everything I love has turned gay. I can't have just pure fun or joy based on a video game, story, book, movie or sports game. It all has to be gay and political. You and people like you are why we will keep going further down the rabbit hole, because you have no impulse control and are a man child that attacks anyone that doesn't agree with you.

This is all I'll say on the matter, I won't argue with people on the internet. I'm glad you're having fun and I hope you continue to have fun, I'm not an asshole like you and wish the best for everyone on this forum. But it's hard to say things like this when people like you lash out at everyone and everything because they don't share your worldview.

That's not the interaction I'm seeing. Because most of the people complaining aren't even playing. This is you and others like you:

1: I'm not playing the game because I think it's going to suck.
1: HAHA faggit, stop slurping Blizzard C0ck!!!

It's telling that the people complaining the most are the one's not even playing. You may think you have standards and morals, but apparently what you don't have is a life. Imagine having so little going for you in life that you constantly check and participate in a forum for a game you don't even own or play. This isn't a general gaming forum. This is the Diablo IV forum. People who have the game are here to discuss the good/bad about the game. You don't think you want to buy the game? Why share that with internet strangers? MySpace died years ago. Don't you have any real life friends to gripe to?

This game isn't perfect, no game is going to be. There have been plenty of critical posts from people who are playing. Everyone of those posts is legit because it's a personal experience with the game, whether you agree with it or not. I don't see anyone getting worked up or upset about someone complaining who is actually playing the game. It's the people who aren't even playing that complain that doesn't make any sense. Like, don't you have anything better to do? But we already know the answer to that - you don't.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
FUCK BLIZZARD! IT HAS BEEN A WEEK FIX YOUR DOGSHIT GAME NOW BITCH!!!!

I agree. There's literally no middle ground between "apologist simp" and "hyperbolic lunatic woman" anymore. Welcome to our polarized world now.

I'm not sure why you thought to defend this game with some strange tenured employee comparison.

It was ridiculous, because I myself have been with my company for 15 years AND if I left, this company would be looking to replace me with someone else who has similar experience and expertise. Blizzard hasn't replaced talent with talent in a very long time.

It was a stupid analogy and shows the lengths you and other people here are willing to go to apologize for the very mediocre game D4 is

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I just saw the most pathetic thing in a Blizzard game.

There is a stronghold in northern Kejistan that is a Temple to Baal.

So the last boss is a fat cultist who... bubbles up and summons a bunch of fallen and a shaman named "The Annihilator".

Wait could it be, are they going to reference the Throne of Baal fight that D2 players all did 1000 times!? Awesome!

But before the fallen die I realise that Phase 2 is Horadaric Mummies and that model isn't in the game, so they will probably just sub something in and damage the reference.

Nope.

They skip to Phase 4 which was the balrog type enemies with "The Annihilator". Yeah they only do two out of five phases because the model variety in the game is so low.

Does the game even have anything that isn't cultists, fallen and goatmen? The worst thing is that Diablo 3 Act 3 is full of cat people and that area is in this game... where are the cat people?

• 1Worf

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
That's not the interaction I'm seeing. Because most of the people complaining aren't even playing. This is you and others like you:

1: I'm not playing the game because I think it's going to suck.
1: HAHA faggit, stop slurping Blizzard C0ck!!!

It's telling that the people complaining the most are the one's not even playing. You may think you have standards and morals, but apparently what you don't have is a life. Imagine having so little going for you in life that you constantly check and participate in a forum for a game you don't even own or play. This isn't a general gaming forum. This is the Diablo IV forum. People who have the game are here to discuss the good/bad about the game. You don't think you want to buy the game? Why share that with internet strangers? MySpace died years ago. Don't you have any real life friends to gripe to?

This game isn't perfect, no game is going to be. There have been plenty of critical posts from people who are playing. Everyone of those posts is legit because it's a personal experience with the game, whether you agree with it or not. I don't see anyone getting worked up or upset about someone complaining who is actually playing the game. It's the people who aren't even playing that complain that doesn't make any sense. Like, don't you have anything better to do? But we already know the answer to that - you don't.

You're right, I don't have a life, hell I barely have any family. I thought this was my home but every day I struggle to find a reason to return to this forum. It's nothing but trolling and overbearing assholes who can't treat others with dignity or respect. The two things I tried to bring to every conversation on this forum.

Well congratulations. Between you, Cinge and a handful of other assholes on this forum I'm out.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Is that normal for you for an ARPG? I never last past 3 weeks max in these types of games.

Edit: Hekotat Hekotat If my 2 posts make you want to quit this forum, I have no words. The hypocrisy is baffling.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm not sure why you thought to defend this game with some strange tenured employee comparison.

It was ridiculous, because I myself have been with my company for 15 years AND if I left, this company would be looking to replace me with someone else who has similar experience and expertise. Blizzard hasn't replaced talent with talent in a very long time.

It was a stupid analogy and shows the lengths you and other people here are willing to go to apologize for the very mediocre game D4 is
To his point there has been a lot of churn in the gaminfg industry, namely Blizzard. The old crew has not been there for quite some time, and even the people which took over for the Blizz North team have either skated or been fired for SH. The fucking place is in shambles in the current timeline. And this release is prob the best youre gonna get from current Blizzard.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
You're right, I don't have a life, hell I barely have any family. I thought this was my home but every day I struggle to find a reason to return to this forum. It's nothing but trolling and overbearing assholes who can't treat others with dignity or respect. The two things I tried to bring to every conversation on this forum.

Well congratulations. Between you, Cinge and a handful of other assholes on this forum I'm out.
So uh, can I have your stuff?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think Mathils review is spot on. From a die hard POE player, that of course has his bias.

He gave the game a 7.5 which is far from mediocre. My takeaway from his review in a broad scope is that this needs more of the POE style bossing in end game.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Mizake

Trakanon Raider

Are you delusional? You think you brought dignity and respect to this forum? Lol. Reread some of your posts. I didn't pull that quip about sucking Blizzard cock from out of thin air.

And I know it's been overused.....but this isn't an airport. No need to announce your departure. Fucking MySpace generation.

• 1Worf

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I've been enjoying the game - probably more than I expected at launch, and probably a little less than I hoped now that I'm post-50. Here are some random thoughts:

• The boss fights sure have been a letdown. I remember at least 4-5 from D3 and I literally couldn't tell you one from D4. Apart from the World Boss that is a repeat. None of the mechanics were at all memorable and neither were the enemies.
  • I don't like the Glyph system upgrades. Compared to upgrading gems the powers and such are just a lot more boring. Sure, you gradually get more powerful but it is pretty hard to get too excited about +5 Intelligence and spending XP to get more+5 Intelligence is just not very exciting either.
  • It sucks that you can't save and switch between builds. It does get pretty expensive if you do it in the braindead "reroll all" way and then try and match legenderies to the new build. There is already a lack of diversity and this makes it artificially discourage experimentation.
  • There doesn't seem to be any reason at all to spend time in the open world. I don't get it. The scaling makes it boring and the loot is worse than dungeons. I get that you are supposed to want Renown but it just seems like a chore.
  • Moment to moment gameplay is still fun.
  • Horse is badly implemented. JFC.
  • Still playing with friends and will check out the first season but I can see also taking an extended break. I "get" the game and I got my money's worth and will continue it down the road but I can't really see grinding it out in its current form. The impact doesn't seem worth the effort.

• 2Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
His comments about the story are great. I laughed. The one about just lesser evils popping up in the basement and you kill and move on. Also how it made you feel like you could choose a side, but in reality, its all been pre-written. So you really had no choice. I've said previously a real RPG would of been sweet, so you could pick a side. I don't get his complaint about not knowing Lilith's motivation(it was pretty obvious, at least by what her and elias say to you, could they be lying sure). Also the part about in this version, you are not loading into a new map like previous ones, if you didn't read the quest log text, you would of never known you moved through the acts.

Also his comment on hitting the wall is so true. You hit ancestral and all there is is unique items or grinding exp(for the paragon board where most of the power post 70 comes from). I think a big thing is you cant really farm gear for another class, well you can do codex and get yellows(problem is stats are geared usually towards your class, like + skills), but you cant farm droppable aspects and I think getting a unique for another class is even rarer then getting one for yourself. So starting a new class basically starting over from scratch, unless you PL. At least in D3, I could get items for other classes to drop(sets, legendaries etc ).

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'd agree say 7.5. Definitely think this is a game you shelve for a while and wait for some big updates. There's still a good amount of shit that isn't widely known/understood yet for the public:

-Item level goes over 800. All the copy/paste trash game media articles say it caps at 725. This is wrong. So far I think best I've seen is maybe 814+25?

-The "endgame builds" are not even close to set. Bone Necro, one of the best, was changed by like 35-50% a few days ago because people in hardcore who were bigtime PoE/D2 hustlers were figuring out shit the early access players didn't. There's still a ton of wiggle room in current builds, and almost CERTAINLY giga builds that are just untested and unbuilt.

-Torment 5 is datamined. Could just be for the eventual power creep, could be a season 1 unlock with Uber Lilith. Who knows. There's a good chance shit that is already "in" is not active that will be for Season 1.

-Some items exist but no one knows where/how to get them. Shako? Some Korean guy has it, but afaik won't say where/how they got it. Could be uber rare, could be nightmare level conditional, could be Uber Lilith. Who knows.

-There's a decent amount of "work" to put in still for the players, but it just doesn't feel especially fun doing it after a certain point. I'd like to figure out a Blood Necro as I'm pretty sure there's some busted shit there, but to amass ALL the aspects and ALL the items with ALL the potential rolls for that stuff is just a lot of time and especially stash space I don't have. Tornado Druid passed the Pulverize Druid in Endgame and the day 2 patch didn't have much to do with it. Just untested tech.

I think if they had released this as a "beta" we'd be more impressed, but as a game it's just decent. It's better than a lot of trash coming out, but for a title like Diablo we just get our hopes up in a way that they may never be reached. I think there's so much nostalgia power behind D2 that nothing for true Diablo fans will ever come close. Even D2R was a great way to test this. A lot of people loved it and then pretty quickly realized how shallow it was when you weren't a part time adult or summer vacation kid who got a rush off doing 40 meph runs a day and then maybe RMTing your findings.

As it stands it doesn't have a lot of replayability beyond hitting Nightmare 50+ and level 100. At those points you've basically beaten the game until they add in some sort actual measurement via a leaderboard or whatever. Again, I think it's just a decent+ baseline of a game. I will say in the last few days I've noticed a ton of bugs such as the party dungeon bug which has been reported since day 1 and has over 100 posts on the official forums with 0 hotfix and 0 acknowledgement. Barb's getting Whirlwind Shout bugged and can't do anything. Major input delay in dungeons. Suppressor mobs being all sorts of fucked up and having Z-axis issues on pebbles and negating all damage. Just a lot of little things they still need to smooth out.

Hopefully it becomes a game you look forward to every season, but there's miles of work and innovation ahead before I think that will be the case. For the casual story+ player it's probably a decent way to play. For the poopsock degen DINK, there's not much there at the end. We're almost all there 1.5 weeks or less in and that's pretty unfortunate.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
It's nothing but trolling and overbearing assholes who can't treat others with dignity or respect. The two things I tried to bring to every conversation on this forum.

What's more interesting is how many people can't allow any criticism of this game and will blindly suck Blizzard's cock at the slightest half assed game release

Get fucked

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Think that dude called me a shill for saying BF2042 was okay and people shouldn't buy it when it came out, but play the free demo. He's definitely having a rough one.

Though leaving here is probably the equivalent of doing stretches every morning. Just a small thing that will probably make your life hundreds of times easier in the long run.

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

It was ridiculous? Diablo was released in '97. How many games/companies do you know that have stayed relatively the same for 25 years? How similar do you think the iMac G3 team is to the people at Apple now? How similar do you think EverQuest is to the one released in '99?

Companies move on, people quit, people die, people get fired, companies get "woke", etc. etc. Did you honestly expect the ENTIRE Blizzard North team to still be working on the same fucking shit for 25 years?

The entire premise of "Blizzard should have experience in ARPGs because of a game they released 25 years ago that many of their employees weren't even alive for!!!" was just ridiculous. Just because the developer name is the same doesn't mean the company is, the employees are, the culture is, the experience, etc. And just because somebody has similar "experience" or has worked at similar companies doesn't mean they're a perfect(or even good) replacement for the person who was there prior. Yes, your company would look for somebody with similar experience and I can guarantee your HR/recruitment department 15 years removed from when you were hired would pay FAR more attention to their gender and ethnicity than their resume.

I'm not "defending" Blizzard. I'm simply stating a reason for why the whole, "THEY SHOULD KNOW!!!" argument doesn't hold a ton of water. Goddamn for as much as you guys bitch about how much this forum has "changed", there's an equal amount of you boomer fucks with literally zero adaptability, recognition, and comprehension of "change" in the world around you.