Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I got a maxroll Razorplate on my rogue. Any application for a good rogue thorns build? or is this mostly a Barb/Necro/Druid thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mur

Trakanon Raider
I got a maxroll Razorplate on my rogue. Any application for a good rogue thorns build? or is this mostly a Barb/Necro/Druid thing.

It's a Barb, Necro thing. Druid doesn't have the skill tree synergy to make it really work. Bank it for an alt.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xerge

<Donor>
Going from a potato on a 35" monitor, to an actual gaming rig on a 50" 4K screen is fucking amazeballs.

If nothing else, D4 made my cheap Nova Scotian ass finally upgrade. I stretched that 1050ti out a long time lol.
You gotta be cheap in this fucking province.

• 2Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
You gotta be cheap in this fucking province.
I've been in Alberta for a long time, you can take the boy out of Nova Scotia, but can't take the Nova Scotia outa the boy. I still say a variation of fuck every other word, people I work with out here just say its my Nova Scotian accent.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Regarding Dolan in Act 5
Did he fart right when he died? I'm 100% serious and I don't know how to replay that scene.

• 1Worf

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
These PoE comparisons are so off point. PoE has been around like 10 years. How many acts did it release with? Certainly not 10. It’s had a decade to create and add content. All those cool league mechanics were not there at launch. Would you even play the original PoE today without the years of post release content?

It reminds me of all the MMOs that came after WoW and people bitching about not enough content or things to do compared to WoW when WoW had already had years of content added and was already a matured product.

You (and those making similar arguments) aren't arguing the right thing. Yes, it took PoE 10 years to get here. But the point is -- it's here now at the same time D4 is here now.

So the competition here is D4 of today and PoE of today. Not D4 of today and PoE of 10 years ago.

• 1Like
  • 1WTF

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You (and those making similar arguments) aren't arguing the right thing. Yes, it took PoE 10 years to get here. But the point is -- it's here now at the same time D4 is here now.

So the competition here is D4 of today and PoE of today. Not D4 of today and PoE of 10 years ago.
Yeah but you cant just make a comparison of a 10 yr old game to a freshly minted one like you are doing. And quite frankly I dont think anyone expects any game released today to be as content filled as any game from 10 yrs ago with 10 yrs of perpetual constant additions of content. Also it would be a fools errand for devs to chase that type of content in a new game, like come on. There has to be a start point for a game where its considered complete and build from there. Or else any game that is not "first" in a new genre would be stuck in perpetual dev cycle just to release to compete with games 10 yrs old, or 25+ years old for that matter as is with games like WOW and EQ.

But what they do expect is for a game to be "finished" fully fleshed out with a good beginning, mid and end game. Which this one delivers, although IMO it is kind of shallow in the end game department for now. It needs to be seen if they in fact expand the end game in any meaningful way or just keep to the end game they have right now.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Which this one delivers, although IMO it is kind of shallow in the end game department for now

I don't think it delivers. Kind of shallow is putting it lightly.

I've played until like 1.5 weeks ago, and I did enjoy the campaign, but it turns into a one-dimensional slog after that. The game is too raw and lacking in too many areas to accept it as "finished". This is fucking Diablo 4 and I went looking for other games after 3 weeks? That's just a little bit longer than D:I and less than launch D3, so I guess it isn't unprecented, but arpgs usually have longer legs. Their core game has less pull than the average PoE league. The engine, graphics and so on are decent. I can see this getting good eventually, and people with a strong imagination can see what the game might be a few years down the road. The current state is a shame. Should have been a Christmas release.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
4 stash tabs in a game where you can make alts to use as mules.

Top tier shit design.

• 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I switched to that Pet/Corpse explosion build earlier and while it works great in the Overworld it is really annoying in NM Dungeons when you get Elites that vaporize your pets. I struggle at Tier 21 and just ended up rage quitting. Don't think I will do Necromancer at all in S1. Probably Rogue or Sorcerer when it arrives.

Granted I'm only 67 or 68 so maybe I am lacking too many Paragon points to make it "good'er".

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Bone Spear is pretty much the only viable build the Necro has. Pets need to be reworked. I would love a check box that I could click that auto ressed pets just for a starter. Micro managing pets gets tedious and boring. I stopped playing the Necromancer because I thought it a bit silly that the best Necro was essentially a rogue/barbarian variant. I went Barbarian Hammer and never looked back. The only thing that sucks is due to the limited stash, I might have to just destroy all Necro gear. There are other builds(Thorns) I want to experiment with.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I switched to that Pet/Corpse explosion build earlier and while it works great in the Overworld it is really annoying in NM Dungeons when you get Elites that vaporize your pets. I struggle at Tier 21 and just ended up rage quitting. Don't think I will do Necromancer at all in S1. Probably Rogue or Sorcerer when it arrives.

Granted I'm only 67 or 68 so maybe I am lacking too many Paragon points to make it "good'er".
the problem imo, is getting enough corpses/killing mobs to make an unholy army of alluh akbars

i play w/ my wife, so it's no big deal getting corpses, literally just stand in place and hold down corpse explosion button when bloodmist/bone storm is on cooldown.

pets is worthless, i don't see how necros can use them past wt3

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am not surprised none of us are playing this shit anymore.

6sqz5wxo8c9b1.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 7 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a weird fucking glitch, lol. Almost as if the helmet just stopped existing at the mouth. Did the facial hair glitch it out?

The pixelation doesn't help. Did the person turn every setting off or to low? or is that the fucks who take a picture of their screen/tv with a phone.

Also I will play again most likely, just a matter of no reason till seasons and then see if first season is worth it(they went in the right direction with last big patch at least) or future seasons.

• 1Worf

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am not surprised none of us are playing this shit anymore.

6sqz5wxo8c9b1.jpg
Why does he have cleavage, and almost like a "valley" of shadows between two non-existent tits? That whole character is just.. questionable.

I'll start playing again, at least for a week or two when the season comes out.