Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Sunset the systems, fine, but let me keep the gear.

If they don't want the season mechanics to carry forward at times, I get that. PoE has done that plenty. But PoE at least allowed you to keep your shit. Not that I give a fuck about non-seasonal servers, but it's just a fucking dumb decision.

Not sure if I'm misunderstanding what you guys are talking about but the blizzard article states this "Once the Season has ended, the character you made and its progress will be transferred to the Eternal Realm. All items you collected, including in your Seasonal stash, will be transferred too. You can take this character into Sanctuary whenever you please, but Season-specific features such as Malignant Hearts will no longer be accessible."

So the only thing you can't keep is the Malignant Hearts or did I miss something?

Edit: It's early... I'm assuming you are specifically talking about the hearts as items and not everything else. Sunsetting the system that allows them to drop is ok but you still want to keep the hearts outside of the season.

I'm not sure why Blizzard would be scared of this? The power fantasy is the name of the game and it's another way to show off your seasonal achievements outside of cosmetics. I guess blowing up a worldboss or having pvp advantages against other that didn't play the season is something they don't want to have to deal with. Once seasons started in D3 I never really went back to the regular realm anyways. I just played my fill of the seasons and then waited for the next.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Imagine a AAA team spending money on testers instead of some trash cunt singing about being fucked by a demon or bus stop posters. Maybe less fat faggot queers making youtube videos and more actually fix the fucking game.

The core is still there but they assfucked the game with stupid system and buttfucking skills pigeon holing everything.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
According to tik tok videos, Uber unique were dropping from helltide chests a lot and even one video said sorc and barb have no class specific unique hats so it rained shaakos

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
According to tik tok videos, Uber unique were dropping from helltide chests a lot and even one video said sorc and barb have no class specific unique hats so it rained shaakos

Good, they are ass aids stupid in drop rate before.

It's not like they are tradable.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
So no wonder it felt like I was getting more uniques in NM dungeons then open world...now I wonder if they had intended Helltides initially not to drop uniques, or if it was just stupidity that got overlooked by their QA.

Opened three 175 chests yesterday, and got 2 uniques! The bad news is they were the exact same one lol (Esadora's Overflowing Cameo). At least it was an upgrade for my sorc.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Uniques dropping in helltides was added yesterday with the patch, they were just dropping uber uniques to much so they disabled uber's from dropping for the time being. Can still get normal ones.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
The whole zero trade thing is fucking bullshit. The gsme would be so much more enjoyable if I could give my fucking wife one of my 5 Frostburns I got while grouped with her lol

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The whole zero trade thing is fucking bullshit. The gsme would be so much more enjoyable if I could give my fucking wife one of my 5 Frostburns I got while grouped with her lol

It's pretty dumb. At least in d3, you could drop anything you got in game to someone else that was there at the time of the drop. So you could share loot like that.

Probably another casualty of it being an open world game, instead of lobby based.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I can't see why people having items on the eternal realm traded to them would somehow break the game. I guess it would make it much easier to obtain the items you need and that's the reason for no trade. Items drop so often you wouldn't need to do anything besides beg for loot to get gear. But with item restrictions on the level it dropped at, I don't think this would really have any major impact on other players. Even without restrictions, it's not going to have any effect on other players because the game isn't an MMO.

Any world activity you do is mostly by yourself unless its T4 world bosses, then you see a few players. "open world game" is a weak justification.

The reason for no trade is engagement metrics would drop as players can satisfy their loot gains at rates unintended by Blizzard. There is no content in this game besides the loop to acquire items. No other engagement systems are available to keep players logging in besides SSF loot.

Last edited:
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

krismunich

<Silver Donator>
I can't see why people having items on the eternal realm traded to them would somehow break the game. I guess it would make it much easier to obtain the items you need and that's the reason for no trade. Items drop so often you wouldn't need to do anything besides beg for loot to get gear. But with item restrictions on the level it dropped at, I don't think this would really have any major impact on other players. Even without restrictions, it's not going to have any effect on other players because the game isn't an MMO.

Any world activity you do is mostly by yourself unless its T4 world bosses, then you see a few players. "open world game" is a weak justification.

The reason for no trade is engagement metrics would drop as players can satisfy their loot gains at rates unintended by Blizzard. There is no content in this game besides the loop to acquire items. No other engagement systems are available to keep players logging in besides SSF loot.
This. I am currently 70 on my second char in WT3 and bored to tears. All I have left is farming in WT4 for basically the exakt same gear I am wearing with the same aspects just with better stats and better rolls on it for the sake of beating uber lilith and maybe a lvl 100 nightmare dungeon.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
This. I am currently 70 on my second char in WT3 and bored to tears. All I have left is farming in WT4 for basically the exakt same gear I am wearing with the same aspects just with better stats and better rolls on it for the sake of beating uber lilith and maybe a lvl 100 nightmare dungeon.

With no leaderboard or shard server system to compete against other players in your own pond.

No rivalry. No leaderboard of clear times.

Truly just doing it for yourself unless you are a content creator uploading brags on YouTube.

They have this so-called "live service" Diablo with barely anything to justify it as a sequel.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
The concept of bound items has always been one of the dumbest, laziest, outright insulting concepts to plague online RPGs. The fact this bullshit contrivance has persisted for so long is proof that not only are devs too incompetent to design systems that work without resorting to it but also that they hate the players of their trash games.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users