Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Uniques dropping in helltides was added yesterday with the patch, they were just dropping uber uniques to much so they disabled uber's from dropping for the time being. Can still get normal ones.

I understand. I had commented weeks ago in response to someone's post that I personally felt like I was getting more unique drops from dungeons than open world. So it turns out now I know the reason why.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The concept of bound items has always been one of the dumbest, laziest, outright insulting concepts to plague online RPGs. The fact this bullshit contrivance has persisted for so long is proof that not only are devs too incompetent to design systems that work without resorting to it but also that they hate the players of their trash games.
Bound items solve the idea of inflation of items over time therefore making them worthless over time. So you have to make the said items that are NOT bound super fucking rare so they continue to hold their value while the game matures. Sure there will always be items removed from game/economy simply by people quitting the game over time but the problem still persists and only gets worse as time goes on.. I dont know how to solve this issue of not bound items and just making them super fucking rare which kinda favors the 24/7 hardcore gamers and shits all over the casuals which will never see them or if they do are super fucking lucky.

Even so in ARPG this is kinda not a problem because there are just so many fucking possible rolls of items by the sheer amount of affixes available, not only that, there are numeric rolls on those affixes as well. So its kinda like a double roll if you will. So really good items ARE super rare just by the system itself.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Bound items solve the idea of inflation of items over time therefore making them worthless over time. So you have to make the said items that are NOT bound super fucking rare so they continue to hold their value while the game matures. Sure there will always be items removed from game/economy simply by people quitting the game over time but the problem still persists and only gets worse as time goes on.. I dont know how to solve this issue of not bound items and just making them super fucking rare which kinda favors the 24/7 hardcore gamers and shits all over the casuals which will never see them or if they do are super fucking lucky.

Even so in ARPG this is kinda not a problem because there are just so many fucking possible rolls of items by the sheer amount of affixes available, not only that, there are numeric rolls on those affixes as well. So its kinda like a double roll if you will. So really good items ARE super rare just by the system itself.

Many games have "solved" this with decent currency systems. You can make meaningful progress in smaller windows of gameplay that still drop useful currency you can stack over time to trade for rare items.

He's right and you're wrong. D3, D4, and every other game that removes trading is doing so because the devs are fucking lazy and players like you will twist your mind into a pretzel defending it for... reasons?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Many games have "solved" this with decent currency systems. You can make meaningful progress in smaller windows of gameplay that still drop useful currency you can stack over time to trade for rare items.

He's right and you're wrong. D3, D4, and every other game that removes trading is doing so because the devs are fucking lazy and players like you will twist your mind into a pretzel defending it for... reasons?
I dont think in ARPG it even matters, like I said, good items are so fucking rare, literal unicorns, that this is not a problem at all. 99.9% of ALL ITEMS are trash. The first part of my post spoke of bound items in a more broader terms, more in line with MMORPG, where this does make sense more than in these games. So yes I do agree with you and unique post. shit this even goes double in a seasonal system like these games have where most of the shit is wiped anyway (or if it goes to standard servers it might as well be like deleting anyway since no one plays on standard anyway.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
This. I am currently 70 on my second char in WT3 and bored to tears. All I have left is farming in WT4 for basically the exakt same gear I am wearing with the same aspects just with better stats and better rolls on it for the sake of beating uber lilith and maybe a lvl 100 nightmare dungeon.

I can't imagine staying in W3 that long it seems like it would be mind boringly easy. Ages ago when some of us played this game we moved on to W4 somewhere in the 50-60ish range. I guess there isn't really anything that forces you to move up but wouldn't the XP be turbo ass at 70?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
Item inflation lol who the fuck cares? Items are perpetually being made worthless every time there's a content update that injects new +gooder replacements anyway, but let's just shit on players by restricting one of the most basic interactions while defying their expectations of how it should work (although after 20+ years most players have been conditioned to expect it by now like abused animals waiting for a beating). The sanctity of the virtual economy is best preserved by not even allowing for one!

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Item inflation lol who the fuck cares? Items are perpetually being made worthless every time there's a content update that injects new +gooder replacements anyway, but let's just shit on players by restricting one of the most basic interactions while defying their expectations of how it should work (although after 20+ years most players have been conditioned to expect it by now like abused animals waiting for a beating). The sanctity of the virtual economy is best preserved by not even allowing for one!
I clarified in my second post. That was mostly speaking of MMORPGs, which I should have clarified in my OG post. And BTW this game really isnt no drop its just that it does not have trade at all. And its not really tailored for trade anyway since it has class specific drops. They would have to make it so all items drop for all classes if they introduced trade. Or at least to make more sense. But yes like my second post clarified, and the second part of my first post, which you ommited did as well that I do agree with you.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to go on record to say I actually liked the auction house in D3. It was incredible making money playing a game I liked.

Where they went wrong is they made good drops so rare that you ended up playing the auction house instead of the actual game. Obviously there needed to be a better balance. But the convenience of the auction house was great.

Even a game like PoE doesn't have a built in trade system for the longest time, it required third party apps. So none of these games seem to make it convenient for people to trade.

I agree binding items to accounts is stupid, I blame EQ, I think that's the first game I played where this was implemented.

Hopefully they reverse course sometime in the future and allow trading in this game.

• 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You know even if every item in the game was tradable the absolute lack of any decent interface or way to interact with players in game would be a big enough barrier in and of itself. Hell you can barely even see the fucking people playing in your guild.

How they downgraded a nonexistent system from D2 and made it shittier in D4 is almost impressive in its failure. Unless you want to go to a discord, website, or something outside of the game to even consider to trade an item is just proof of how ass this team is.

95%+ of players will never trade a single item ever.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You know even if every item in the game was tradable the absolute lack of any decent interface or way to interact with players in game would be a big enough barrier in and of itself. Hell you can barely even see the fucking people playing in your guild.

How they downgraded a nonexistent system from D2 and made it shittier in D4 is almost impressive in its failure. Unless you want to go to a discord, website, or something outside of the game to even consider to trade an item is just proof of how ass this team is.

95%+ of players will never trade a single item ever.

That's OK though because they spawn in and immediately render onscreen as soon as you need them on that illusive world boss.

The interactions have been streamlined and improved by Blizzard. This is a sequel.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm hearing reports that in D5 players will actually render directly into your own mind using neuralink, and will no longer appear onscreen in-game via the live service.

This is going to be a huge improvement on screen clutter to people watching on a monitor.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm hearing reports that in D5 players will actually render directly into your own mind using neuralink, and will no longer appear onscreen in-game via the live service.

This is going to be a huge improvement on screen clutter to people watching on a monitor.
So they are calling D5 for the year 2055? That sounds about right.

I would be 88. Hell yeah, who needs a working body when I can just mental D5. Put what little adrenaline I have to good use since my dick would be pretty worthless at that point.

• 1Like

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
That's OK though because they spawn in and immediately render onscreen as soon as you need them on that illusive world boss.

The interactions have been streamlined and improved by Blizzard. This is a sequel.

But the render was so much better in DI amirite?

I can't believe you think DI is a superior game, and then it turns out you don't even play said superior game.

If you guys want to see jayrebb jayrebb at his peak Asperger's, take a look over at the last page or so of the Diablo Immortal thread.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Developer Note: With the above change players will now be able to find Unique items from ALL Helltide Chests. Uber Unique items also have a chance to be found from all chests.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Note. Uber Unique items also have a chance to be found from all chests.....

Yep you have a chance. You think the odds are bad in a regular setting. 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000 is after all....a chance. How about call out the odds.

• 1Like

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whether they rained shit, if you can't trade them, who the fuck cares.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Whether they rained shit, if you can't trade them, who the fuck cares.

No shit. Gate the really awesome uniques behind some .00001% chance to find in a fucking single player game. Get fucked.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

uniqueuser

Vyemm Raider
They know the rats in the box will keep pushing the lever until the loot is released.

1688784769355.png

• 1Like