Diablo 4 / IV / IIII / Fore / Cope / Seethe

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There's an entire genre of new roguelikes with persistent bonuses gained between characters, with Hades probably being the best.

This IS the right design space to explore, they just did nothing with it. Having different codex powers available to earn each season would help, but afaik they don't carry over

PoE gets away with it by having the seasonal content give new items and big bonuses... the hearts do seem promising.
Rogue-like advancement is one of the few ways I can see seasons actually mattering to people. You do Season 1 and your account gets a permanent +2% life steal and Necromancer blood skills have the option of a corrupted graphics etc. Knowing Blizzard, we'd eventually end up with 3000% life steal, 3000% damage, 8 billion thorns, etc. etc. As they try to make every single season THE MUST DO SEASON - but under non-retard conditions, it would do just fine as long as you can go back and do the old seasons with little grief.

Im doing season 1 cause I paid for it. But nothing about what Ive seen makes me actively want to play it longer than I have to. Really annoyed that "this" is what they came up with for the season.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

skylan

Trakanon Raider
Yep , I don't know why they can't find a middle ground between "we'll nerf anything that's fun" to "Infinite damage go wild". Neither approach is particularly fun. The later bieng amusing for a couple weeks at a time. I like the idea of some kind of account progression for completing seasons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Finally got pentinent greaves for my twisting blades build. Kind of bummed to lose my ravagers aspect and my 3 evade charges. Hopefully the boots are worth it with the cold imbuement.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally got pentinent greaves for my twisting blades build. Kind of bummed to lose my ravagers aspect and my 3 evade charges. Hopefully the boots are worth it with the cold imbuement.
I don't even understand why those are good.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I hate that you can't do anything about a set of boots not having the extra evade charges baked-in affix. I guess I appreciate them trying to differentiate some types of gear, legs do it too, but I think they fucked up making extra evade charges one of the options. That's a night and day difference, can't go back.

• 1Solidarity

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
For a seasonal game, sure sounds like almost zero reason to even play the season.

Am I to assume that the codex powers do transfer over for the eternal and following season tools?

I sure see no incentive to eve play S1.

what? you don't like to pay to get fucked in the ass by Bobby? you will fucking buy that battlepass and spread those cheeks nice and wide like a good boy

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I don't even understand why those are good.
Chill counts as a CC effect, which coupled with a few of the CC aspects like 4 energy everytime something is CC’d and the increased damage stuff makes it scale pretty well. The energy aspect alone solves energy issues

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Chill counts as a CC effect, which coupled with a few of the CC aspects like 4 energy everytime something is CC’d and the increased damage stuff makes it scale pretty well. The energy aspect alone solves energy issues
Level 90 and still haven't gotten one higher than 1 energy per CC. Fucking ridiculous.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
nightmare dungeon tier list
Code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/143tXzN_7-yoQCy7QEjo924UT2kWqH1VhWyXEsOvlwgA/edit#gid=0

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am desensitized to it basically. D3 had only regular balance stuff carry over into regular servers once season was over(aka set changes, ability changes etc). New stuff or mechanics did not carry over. All the fun stuff like etheral weapons, mass goblins,default RoRG on everyone,cube changes and such was just abandoned after a season was done. Seemed like such a huge waste, especially as I think the people playing on regular servers was very minimal. It was seasons or nothing. And since you just had a 1-2 week gap between end of one and start of another, most didn't bother.

You basically played for a week or 2, did the season journey, got your stash tab and other rewards(pet, wings and such), Leveled some gems to 25(for the bonus), did a few GRs and quit.

• 1Barf

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Yeah their version of Seasons isnt really doing it for me, most likely will play the first season (Since my dumbass paid for it with the early access pre-order) and then not touch it again for months.

Game is definitely fun especially grouped with friends, but it feels super incomplete. One season isn't gonna change that.

• 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Been said, but shipping with no match-making was huge mistake. Solo slog after 70 is boring as hell. Would be cool to at least queue with others for better XP.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Been said, but shipping with no match-making was huge mistake. Solo slog after 70 is boring as hell. Would be cool to at least queue with others for better XP.
It’s beyond stupid and one of my biggest problems with the game. No public chat makes it seem really dead too.

Like not one of those trannies knows how to program a chat channel.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users