• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Got this today, Necro goes Vroom.

View attachment 529936

That is definitely the way. I used a low level boosted run speed with shit tempering for a long time. Have an amulet with good stats and boosted run, but having to use a boosted armor one instead because I'm still fucking stuck on the highest sacred juggernaut armor aspects so using a shittier amulet is the only way I'm getting to armor cap.

Have mist speed boosted, which is kinda funny shooting around in turbo mist.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nice... Got an amulet with all the stats I need... Bricked by tempering it. Just glad it did not have the bonus rolls on it.

Skärmbild 2024-05-23 191201.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Next week?! Meh, doubt I will still be playing by then. Switched to Tornado from Pulverize at 91, did a HellTide and a Pit run; while Tornado is nice on trash, I spend something like 14+ seconds dancing around out of mana, which is bore. Might not even make level 100, depending on if I want to do the last tier of Season's Journey, which looks to only award... a shitty title?!?

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Next week?! Meh, doubt I will still be playing by then. Switched to Tornado from Pulverize at 91, did a HellTide and a Pit run; while Tornado is nice on trash, I spend something like 14+ seconds dancing around out of mana, which is bore. Might not even make level 100, depending on if I want to do the last tier of Season's Journey, which looks to only award... a shitty title?!?
That was my issue too, but Tibaults + Metamorphosis aspect + Hunter Zenith and it becomes more manageable for Tornado build until you get a bunch of resource gen, spirit per sec, resource cost reduction and a lot of masterworking. Still felt much worse than what I remember in earlier seasons though. Even at level 70-80 on prior season I didn't really have any issues, not sure what changed.

• 1Like

Burns

That was my issue too, but Tibaults + Metamorphosis aspect + Hunter Zenith and it becomes more manageable for Tornado build until you get a bunch of resource gen, spirit per sec, resource cost reduction and a lot of masterworking. Still felt much worse than what I remember in earlier seasons though. Even at level 70-80 on prior season I didn't really have any issues, not sure what changed.
Tibaults with Metamoph aspect looks very useful for bosses (too bad I don't have it) and while Hunters Zenith looks like it is the main thing that makes Tornado Wolf better than Pulverize for trash clearing & speed runs, it's unfortunately kinda useless on bosses.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Get threat meter to full in hell tide, log out and back in. Run around hell tide with a full threat meter the entire time, the packs never stop spawning and you can go to town and sell come back and they keep spawning.

Have fun.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
1716531793440.png

only good item I've found so far and isn't really that good cuz apparently "damage" isn't a good affix or maybe that's only for certain builds or whatever idk

• 1Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it worth doing Tormented Bosses if you just want a chance for Uber Uniques? Or is the normal version okay to run?

Quite a high cost to do Tormented stuff.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Is it worth doing Tormented Bosses if you just want a chance for Uber Uniques? Or is the normal version okay to run?

Quite a high cost to do Tormented stuff.

I feel like the Tormented ones are way better at getting Uber items to drop, plus you get 5x the number of drops for 3x the mats. The exchange is very worth it especially if you have a group of 4 and rotate using materials. Then it’s 20x the drops for what you would get doing 3 normal ones.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I'm glad you guys posted because I was beginning to think I was the only one with crap luck. Yesterday was the first day I started getting frustrated with Season 4. Leveling was fun but like the last few posts this week, the gear grind for the right stats is frustrating. Tempering needs some more work because it sucks bricking good gear. Then trying to roll the rare affixes on gear is a pain in the ass. I spent millions of gold trying to get a +2 stat on a amulet never to see it. I haven't delved to heavily into masterworking yet. I also realized I'm missing 20 paragon points because I never finished the renown grind way back when. I'm just missing the side quests and dungeons. If I jumped on my eternal realm character and finished it, would it carry over to S4 characters already made? Should, right? I think I finished a lot of the side quests at launch.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I feel like the Tormented ones are way better at getting Uber items to drop, plus you get 5x the number of drops for 3x the mats. The exchange is very worth it especially if you have a group of 4 and rotate using materials. Then it’s 20x the drops for what you would get doing 3 normal ones.
Stygian stones seem to be the limiting factor, you'll never have enough of them to use all the mats you have even at 3x the cost.

Tormented fights are just so stupid with the amount of hp they have. Definitely don't blame anyone for popping a holy bolt elixir to get it over in an instant.

Tempering needs some more work
Definitely agree, but a couple things about tempering:

There's a pity system, so if you've got a really good item that absolutely must not get bricked you can grab a few shitty legendaries for the same slot and then fish for a pity roll. Basically you want to temper the stat you want until you don't get it at least 4 times in a row on the shitty item(s) then switch to the good item to (hopefully, it might still take a couple tries) hit the pity roll. Something to pay attention to is that if the failed rolls have a streak of the same stat the game doesn't know what you were going for, so ideally when you get the 4-5 fails you want to make sure that it hits everything BUT the thing you want in those rolls. It's tedious and I'd only do this for something like the *** sword I got, but it does work.

Another weird thing is that only rogues have access to crit damage:
1716559238302.png

The interesting part is that they can temper it onto stuff for any class, though I think it's mostly just useful for barbs. I don't think minion necro crits enough to prefer it over dmg to cursed (or golem/mage damage if you go all-in on one minion type), and wind shear druid damage is vastly skewed towards poison DoT.

Last edited:

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Stygian stones seem to be the limiting factor, you'll never have enough of them to use all the mats you have even at 3x the cost.

Tormented fights are just so stupid with the amount of hp they have. Definitely don't blame anyone for popping a holy bolt elixir to get it over in an instant.

They get easier to come by in higher pits and shit like that. I have no shortage of them currently...

As for the 2nd point of course that's why I go full retard faggot mode with using my Necro, the fights are gay as American Inventor balls so you 1 shot that shit with retard golem bullshit.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
They get easier to come by in higher pits and shit like that. I have no shortage of them currently...

As for the 2nd point of course that's why I go full retard faggot mode with using my Necro, the fights are gay as American Inventor balls so you 1 shot that shit with retard golem bullshit.
I’ve been speed clearing 91 pit levels in 3 minutes what level do the stones start dropping regularly.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Definitely agree, but a couple things about tempering:

There's a pity system, so if you've got a really good item that absolutely must not get bricked you can grab a few shitty legendaries for the same slot and then fish for a pity roll.
Interesting, I'll have to give this a try.

Also, new patch notes for May 28.